Author Topic: Some easy facts for the process known as fracking  (Read 10167 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Some easy facts for the process known as fracking
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2011, 02:39:43 PM »
Not second-guessing the administrators, but just putting in my 2¢ worth:  Bad attitude or not, I'd give the trolls a bit longer leash.  Gives us the chance to have a little fun batting them around.

I'm thinking of the one a week or so ago who said that Reagan should have been hanged for treason.  Of course, the same could be said of every president since Coolidge, for a variety of reasons.  It would have been fun to have had that debate with him.  That statement was over the top, but the points he made about the debt prior to that were pretty valid.  It really did start to take off in the 1980s.

ETA:  Some blogs, like Neo-Neocon and Transterrestrial Musings, have long-term resident trolls.  They're allowed to stay as long as they don't get abusive or obscene.  The regulars treat them like piñatas.  I don't know why they keep coming back for more, but they do.

Youse are killin' me.   ::unknowncomic::

::unknowncomic::  ::unknowncomic::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »
Don't mind the argument; definitely mind the lefty presentation-with-derision.  Neither the argument nor the mere quoting back of our words as part of a reasonable argument will get someone banned; the tromping into the house with a bad attitude will.The hydro-fracturing issue seems to be a fairly new one, the disdain displayed for any point of view other than the "properly-prescribed" one is not.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone would or should get banned for just a disagreement. .. only that I had been on the receiving end of such treatment at liberal forums, and it doesn't speak well for them.  I enjoy that we are relatively troll free here,  but trying to forbid a liberal from displaying distain for other's opinions is pretty much like asking them to stop breathing - their entire ego structure is based on the belief they are better and smarter than people who think differently. I don't want this forum to become a place where they get their daily affirmation of self-worth  ( for them to get that all we have to do is disagree - thats rickl's pinata effect, they don't ever, ever realize they are a joke) but I can put up with a little distain to hear an argument if one is being made above the 4th layer of the pyramid.  After all, I distain them as well, if for different reasons -mostly thier inability to make an argument, present a line of reasoning, cite facts, or respond to another person's counter argument.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
Ok...This is quite simple.....Blue079, don't come into a guests home and act like an ass. Show a little common courtesy. If you can add to the debate, fine. Admin...let us have some fun before the ban. Being the compassionate conservative I am, some people come in combative so I give the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

This is actually an interesting topic, worthy of debate.

One of the few (maybe only?) area fracking obama doesn't want to regulate to death. Go figure. Conducting a few searches on the topic, the info seems to be skewed toward this is an evil operation which will result in all of our untimely deaths. So the cynic in me believes there are safe avenues to harvest the gas for use...But I have no proof, just my feelings...(how liberal of me)

Of course, this debate would be unnecessary if we would harvest the one fuel in use today...which ironically, after years of safe and effective removal, gets the rap from obama for an accident, shutting down drilling. This wouldn't be the first time in our history where one of the (so called) answers, gas exploration, is worse than the (so called) symptom of our (energy) ills (oil).

Here's my theory: The rest of the world is fracking away. obama, in a moment of great reflection, will (bow to enviromentalists)) begin to regulate this particular gas exploration out of existence and we can do with it what we've done with oil...rely on some 3rd world terrorist group to supply our need for another unneeded fuel supply.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:19:02 PM by Predator Don »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
The obvious solution to our problem is either a massive asteroid impact or liquid floride thorium reactors at least untli we can find our way to producing a fusion reactor that produces more energy than it consumes.  Even if we have the reactors up and running, we still may need portable fuels sources until high energy capacitors and battery storage devices are perfected and manufactured. Even then, we still consume oil for manufacturing a far greater product line than what is generally known by the population.

Deending on solar and wind is an absolute joke because of reliability concerns and pricing. It's like we always say to the liberals, quit making problems that are only cured by more government caused problems.  ::angry:: ::gaah::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 10:47:44 PM »
The world was a simpler place before coal was declared dirty and oil exploration and development considered too risky.

The irony here will be the very people libs say they champion, the poor, will not be able to afford the new energy sources.....Of course, we will afford it for them.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
The world was a simpler place before coal was declared dirty and oil exploration and development considered too risky.

The irony here will be the very people libs say they champion, the poor, will not be able to afford the new energy sources.....Of course, we will afford it for them.

Aw hell, my next-door neighbor believes oil is "dirty" as well.  He isn't poor right now, but when energy gets too dear, we'll ALL be the poor the libs claim to champion.

I hatez them and wantz them all ded.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 09:49:24 AM »

Find a state (Arizona) that has none of these nasty resources and cordon it off.