Topics > Entertainment

The "I Saw This Bit Of Music On The Net" Thread

<< < (2/36) > >>

rustybayonet:
Have known the banjo player since living in Florida.  Tim moved back to PA and now has his own group - Mountain Theraphy

Mountain Therapy w/guest Ray Bruckman - "Gold Rush"

ToddF:
Celebrating Jon Lord, featuring Ian Paice playing Ian Paice.  As the mid 70's version was really a dual singer lineup, returning to the fold to play Glenn Hughes is Glenn Hughes.  Taking the David Coverdale vocal part is our namesake, THE Bruce Dickinson.  As it apparently takes two keyboardists to take the place of Jon Lord, current DP keyboardist Don Airey is joined by Rick Wakeman to play the part of Jon Lord.  Result?

Celebrating Jon Lord 'Burn' ~ Official Celebrating

Sheer awesomeness.   ::guitar::

IronDioPriest:
Holy smokes that is awesome. I'm not usually a fan of the rock-band-expands-its-horizons-by-melding-with-a-full-orchestra maneuver. But that was perfect.

And holy smokes, Glenn Hughes killed it.

As a side note, what is the fascination of rock stars calling their audience motherf**kers? I don't get it. Especially in a venue like that, where everyone is pretty much over 40 and paying a hefty ticket price.

ToddF:
That was kind of gratuitous, wasn't it?  And yes, to a crowd mostly 50 and up. 

So who in the 50 and up crowd ever thought they'd see Bruce Dickinson and Rick Wakeman sharing a stage?  What's next, Keith Emerson and Lemmy?

::evil::

ToddF:
What do you do if you're a well known conservative lawyer and want to start a band, to kill some time?.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEetdxNqqCY#t=36

Bring in John Elefante (Kansas) and John Schlitt (Head East, Petra) as your co lead singers, for starters.  Holy cow they're good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version