Author Topic: Bobby Jindal has done a bang up job here  (Read 1401 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Bobby Jindal has done a bang up job here
« on: August 14, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »
http://www.katc.com/news/next-year-s-state-budget-shortfall-pegged-at-1-2b/

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - State lawmakers have gotten their first glimpse of next year's budget gap that they'll have to close, and it's another hefty shortfall: $1.2 billion.

The grim news was delivered Thursday to the joint legislative budget committee. It barely raised eyebrows at the committee hearing, after more than six years of such disappointing financial forecasts.

The number provided by Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration involves replacing all the patchwork financing that was used to balance this year's budget and disappears next year, while also accounting for inflation.

Jindal and lawmakers will decide in the 2015 legislative session how to address the shortfall. Barry Dusse, director of the governor's Office of Planning and Budget, said the administration already is working on ways to close the gap.

Remember this the next time Fox News has the audacity to call him conservative.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Bobby Jindal has done a bang up job here
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:38:05 PM »
  Yup.  Just as a side note,this guy came from nowhere while the race flavor of the month was running wild. It was like you have a black man so we have an Indian. Good greif!
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:11 PM »
  Yup.  Just as a side note,this guy came from nowhere while the race flavor of the month was running wild. It was like you have a black man so we have an Indian. Good greif!

And a woman and a "hispanic" and a "gay" andandand .....     Identity politics.  I keep telling my fellow travelers not to play the stoopit game.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
Somehow I knew my brother Alan was being sarcastic with this thread title! 

I guess the question is, is he really what a conservative has now come to mean (the term coopted just like the term Republican has been coopted by Big Government Ruling Class elitists) or is he not a conservative and but repeating it over and over again just isn't working anymore?

It doesn't really matter anymore, but I think it important to call it out both ways.

I/we are Liberty-centric and believe in the principles Our Founders believed in, they can say they are for that too, but by their actions we will know if they are truthful or not.

Bobby is not.  He is a typical mainstream Republican.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »
I guess the question is, is he really what a conservative has now come to mean (the term coopted just like the term Republican has been coopted by Big Government Ruling Class elitists) .....

That, my friend, is the $64,000 question. It seems as though over half of the RINO's call themselves "conservative" and the Tea Party members are "extremists".

Either way, I'm sick of this shyt.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 10:52:40 AM »
"Conservative" is pretty much a meaningless term now, especially if it's interpreted literally.  What does anyone want to "conserve" about the current political order?  If anything, people on the Left are the literal "conservatives" in this day and age.

I don't really know what the more accurate label would be for people like us.  Something along the lines of "constitutionalist" or "originalist" maybe.  But even these terms fail to properly identify our defining characteristic, which is the belief in inalienable natural rights for every individual and the obligation of government to respect and defend those rights.

Ironically, "liberal" is probably the best descriptive term, and I figure it is no coincidence that the word was co-opted by people who are anything but.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
Yeah, I agree on all that.

Probably why I go with Liberty-centric, everything flows from that, and it is easy to point to people who cherish Liberty and those who only pretend to, and its even easier to spot those openly hostile to it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.