Topics > The Police State

Rand Paul Says We Must Demilitarize the Police

(1/2) > >>

Libertas:
http://time.com/#3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/

Yes, we do, but good luck with that!

The are being supplied by the Feds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/08/14/the-pentagon-gave-nearly-half-a-billion-dollars-of-military-gear-to-local-law-enforcement-last-year/

And what has Congress done about it?  Oh, jack!  That's tight, they just deem & pass everything, or Obama just does it on his own unchallenged...

We have multiple threats to the Liberty of We the People, NONE of them are being addressed, checked, let alone fricken removed!

Once again, it will fall to us Liberty-centric folk who give a damn about qaint things like Founding Principles...

There is some good news on that front...

Most of the personnel in the police ranks are fat bastards!

AlanS:

--- Quote from: Libertas on August 15, 2014, 08:01:52 AM ---Yes, we do, but good luck with that!

The are being supplied by the Feds.

--- End quote ---

The bad part is a lot of these LEO's consider the equipment "essential" now because it keeps them safer. Safer from what, I have no idea.

Alphabet Soup:
I believe that after the fubar in Ferguson there will be some pushback of weaponized po-po. There is clearly sentiment from across the political spectrum to rein in the cops. The left is only pro-police because they are currently the "establishment" and while the axiom of "scratch a liberal, find a fascist" still holds true, remember that leftists are first and foremost emotional beings not rational ones so they live and breathe cognitive dissonance.

And it is not in any way hypocritical of the right (who are traditionally the law and order types) to object to inappropriate armaments or the abuse of citizens.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Alphabet Soup on August 15, 2014, 10:10:55 AM ---I believe that after the fubar in Ferguson there will be some pushback of weaponized po-po. There is clearly sentiment from across the political spectrum to rein in the cops. The left is only pro-police because they are currently the "establishment" and while the axiom of "scratch a liberal, find a fascist" still holds true, remember that leftists are first and foremost emotional beings not rational ones so they live and breathe cognitive dissonance.

And it is not in any way hypocritical of the right (who are traditionally the law and order types) to object to inappropriate armaments or the abuse of citizens.

--- End quote ---

Agree on all points.  But the PTBs know they feces is about to hit the fan, they want all levels armed and armored to the teeth, trying to reverse this trend is going to be about as easy as fitting Rosie O'Donnell into a size 2 dress...

ChrstnHsbndFthr:
I was very sympathetic to Michael Brown, until the pictures came out from video surveillance cameras, showing him committing a strong-arm robbery on the clerk who confronted his thefts.  If he acted the same way with the cops, there is no doubt it was at least at the first a reasonable shoot.  The officers get scared just like anyone else and perhaps over-reacted; that remains to be seen. But the evidence has turned in my opinion.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-photos-released-of-suspect-michael-brown-robbing-store-before-shooting/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version