Author Topic: Rand Paul Says We Must Demilitarize the Police  (Read 3086 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Rand Paul Says We Must Demilitarize the Police
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »
http://time.com/#3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/

Yes, we do, but good luck with that!

The are being supplied by the Feds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/08/14/the-pentagon-gave-nearly-half-a-billion-dollars-of-military-gear-to-local-law-enforcement-last-year/

And what has Congress done about it?  Oh, jack!  That's tight, they just deem & pass everything, or Obama just does it on his own unchallenged...

We have multiple threats to the Liberty of We the People, NONE of them are being addressed, checked, let alone fricken removed!

Once again, it will fall to us Liberty-centric folk who give a damn about qaint things like Founding Principles...

There is some good news on that front...

Most of the personnel in the police ranks are fat bastards!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Rand Paul Says We Must Demilitarize the Police
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
Yes, we do, but good luck with that!

The are being supplied by the Feds.

The bad part is a lot of these LEO's consider the equipment "essential" now because it keeps them safer. Safer from what, I have no idea.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:10:55 AM »
I believe that after the fubar in Ferguson there will be some pushback of weaponized po-po. There is clearly sentiment from across the political spectrum to rein in the cops. The left is only pro-police because they are currently the "establishment" and while the axiom of "scratch a liberal, find a fascist" still holds true, remember that leftists are first and foremost emotional beings not rational ones so they live and breathe cognitive dissonance.

And it is not in any way hypocritical of the right (who are traditionally the law and order types) to object to inappropriate armaments or the abuse of citizens.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
I believe that after the fubar in Ferguson there will be some pushback of weaponized po-po. There is clearly sentiment from across the political spectrum to rein in the cops. The left is only pro-police because they are currently the "establishment" and while the axiom of "scratch a liberal, find a fascist" still holds true, remember that leftists are first and foremost emotional beings not rational ones so they live and breathe cognitive dissonance.

And it is not in any way hypocritical of the right (who are traditionally the law and order types) to object to inappropriate armaments or the abuse of citizens.

Agree on all points.  But the PTBs know they feces is about to hit the fan, they want all levels armed and armored to the teeth, trying to reverse this trend is going to be about as easy as fitting Rosie O'Donnell into a size 2 dress...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
I was very sympathetic to Michael Brown, until the pictures came out from video surveillance cameras, showing him committing a strong-arm robbery on the clerk who confronted his thefts.  If he acted the same way with the cops, there is no doubt it was at least at the first a reasonable shoot.  The officers get scared just like anyone else and perhaps over-reacted; that remains to be seen. But the evidence has turned in my opinion.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-photos-released-of-suspect-michael-brown-robbing-store-before-shooting/
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
Have you seen the videos of them lobbing tear gas directly at news crews?  Knocking over and smashing camera equipment?  And this is merely the latest example of militarized police.  The killings in New Mexico, the anal cavity searches (also in New Mexico), the flash grenade in a baby's crib in Georgia, and on, and on.  People are sick of it, people from all across the political spectrum.

The police are that "standing army" the Founders were so worried about.  I mean what difference does it make what you decide to call the standing army?  Can you give military hardware and a military disposition to a group of government agents, and get around the legal restrictions on domestic use of the military just because you have decided to call them by some word other than "military"?  Because that's what has happened.

And thank you Libertas for the visual of Rosie O in a size 2 dress.  Lucky there's a trash can next to my desk.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »
Have you seen the videos of them lobbing tear gas directly at news crews?  Knocking over and smashing camera equipment?  And this is merely the latest example of militarized police.  The killings in New Mexico, the anal cavity searches (also in New Mexico), the flash grenade in a baby's crib in Georgia, and on, and on.  People are sick of it, people from all across the political spectrum.

The police are that "standing army" the Founders were so worried about.  I mean what difference does it make what you decide to call the standing army?  Can you give military hardware and a military disposition to a group of government agents, and get around the legal restrictions on domestic use of the military just because you have decided to call them by some word other than "military"?  Because that's what has happened.

And thank you Libertas for the visual of Rosie O in a size 2 dress.  Lucky there's a trash can next to my desk.

I agree, the early meme on Brown was wrong, but the overreaction of the police to him and more importantly to everyone else as noted above is what shows we are in a police state, just because a dirtbag should be arrested for petty theft should not be grounds to be gunned down, and the typical overract/withdrwal/come in SWATed up with MRAPS & Tanks blazing is just retarded.  What ever happened to in-neighborhood/on-site policing?  Nobody "walks" a beat anymore, they cruise in cars and respond after the fact, they kiss minority butt thinking that'll give them a free pass when they have to riddle one of theirs with holes, they toe their union line and snap to for politicians and their aims then wonder why the people don't like or trust them anymore...etc etc...

I'm fed up, I don't give them the benefit of the doubt anymore, they've squandered that courtesy.

Our Founders would be sick to their stomachs over seeing what is going on now days, they would literally be ill, and mad as all Hell!

Sorry about the visual G, I had to come up with something impossible!   ;D

t55

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 04:34:57 AM »
Is Rand Paul the only American who still cares about freedom?

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:12:41 PM »
Is Rand Paul the only American who still cares about freedom?

American??? Or politician???
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson