Author Topic: Fair Food  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Fair Food
« on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
I consumed:

Hot dish on a stick w/gravy to dip it in.

Crab fritters.

Turkey BBQ sandwich.

Cheese curds.

Lobster on a stick.

Lots of beer, and that didn't become a lot until I hit the craft beer section in the Ag Bldg, after that my whistle required regular wetting.   ::beertoast::

(PS-My sister drove   :D )

And best of all...Big Fat Bacon!

::whoohoo::   ::bustamove::   ::cool::

"BIG FAT BACON is 1/4 lb. of maple-glazed bacon, dusted with a seven-spice blend and served on a stick.  It's only available at the Minnesota State Fair."

Yes, I did have more than one!   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Fair Food
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
I was at the front of the line at that deep-fried bacon stand a few years ago, and a guy came up to the line beside me, bitching to the vendor that his bacon was a lot of fat and little meat. He was holding his stick up saying, "Look at this.... there's no meat... it's all fat! It's a ripoff!"

I looked at him for a few moments, and then said, "Really dude? It's BACON deep-fried in BACON FAT. The whole thing is MADE out of fat." Everybody in our proximity laughed. He wasn't really getting the vendor's attention anyway, so he slunk away after I challenged him and drew the attention of other people.

Some people are such douchebags.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 11:36:29 AM »
I usually save room for 2 pork chops on a stick (they were $7 a pop last time I went to the fair), and I bring a few bucks to buy the rub they use. Absolutely the most delicious pork chop I've ever eaten. One is never enough.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 11:44:29 AM »
Oof!  God Bless you, you're a good eater.  I'm feeling stuffed just reading your "menu".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
Oof!  God Bless you, you're a good eater.  I'm feeling stuffed just reading your "menu".

Stuffed and a little envious. I had fajitas.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:35:39 AM »
Oh, and I forgot about the deep-fried pickles.

Didn't get the pork chop...   ::bashing::

And I missed out on a Gizmo!   ::facepalm::

Just look at the description - "Gizmo sandwiches (loose beef and pork in a hoagie bun, topped with red sauce, mozzarella cheese and baked)"

:'(

Next year!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
Just reading this thread gives me

::pokeineye::