Author Topic: Don't take to statism? Aim to misbehave? US Army is targeting YOU!  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Don't take to statism? Aim to misbehave? US Army is targeting YOU!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 12:44:14 PM »
“Significant ethnic differences in a community can create an atmosphere of distrust, even hatred…… (and) can cause an eruption of civil disorder that can lead to full riots,” states the document.

Whaaat?  B-b-b-but I thought di-VER-sity is our strength!  Haven't we been told that, repeatedly?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »
“Significant ethnic differences in a community can create an atmosphere of distrust, even hatred…… (and) can cause an eruption of civil disorder that can lead to full riots,” states the document.

Whaaat?  B-b-b-but I thought di-VER-sity is our strength!  Haven't we been told that, repeatedly?

We misunderstood their meaning Pan. They meant diversity is the government's strength, not the country's.

Divide and conquer, baby. The oldest play in the book.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »

We misunderstood their meaning Pan. They meant diversity is the government's strength, not the country's.

Yep.  And with that one sentence, they tipped their hand for anybody paying attention.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 02:39:44 PM »
It seems that the article sees the worst.  Granted the worst could happen but the training doesn't condone it.
The following is exerpted from ATP 3-39.33

2-8. The Constitution of the United States pro vides two exceptions for which the Posse Comitatus Act
does not apply. These exceptions are based upon the inherent right of the U.S. government to ensure the
preservation of public order and to carrying out governmental operations within its territorial limits by
force, if necessary. These two exceptions are—
? Emergency authority. A sudden and unexpected civil disturbance, disaster, or calamity may
seriously endanger life and property and disrupt normal governmental functions to such an
extent that local authorities cannot control the situation. At such times, the federal government
may use military force to prevent the loss of life or wanton destruction of property and to restore
government functions and public order. In these circumstances, federal military commanders
have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the
President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation,
to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil
disturbances (see DODD 3025.18).
? Protection of federal property and functions. When the need for the protection of federal
property or federal functions exists, and duly constituted local authorities are unable to, or
decline to provide
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 04:08:17 PM »
So it seems they're only going to use excessive force against "unarmed" civilians. Good thing I have friends.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 06:36:33 AM »

Yep.  And with that one sentence, they tipped their hand for anybody paying attention.

That's how I read it. 

And I am with Alan, I have lots of friends...

;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »
It seems that the article sees the worst.  Granted the worst could happen but the training doesn't condone it.
The following is exerpted from ATP 3-39.33

2-8. The Constitution of the United States pro vides two exceptions for which the Posse Comitatus Act
does not apply. These exceptions are based upon the inherent right of the U.S. government to ensure the
preservation of public order and to carrying out governmental operations within its territorial limits by
force, if necessary. These two exceptions are—
? Emergency authority. A sudden and unexpected civil disturbance, disaster, or calamity may
seriously endanger life and property and disrupt normal governmental functions to such an
extent that local authorities cannot control the situation. At such times, the federal government
may use military force to prevent the loss of life or wanton destruction of property and to restore
government functions and public order. In these circumstances, federal military commanders
have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the
President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation,
to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil
disturbances (see DODD 3025.18).
? Protection of federal property and functions. When the need for the protection of federal
property or federal functions exists, and duly constituted local authorities are unable to, or
decline to provide

The ATP 3-39.33 is not the Constitution it is an Army reg, it has no basis in the Constitution and is therefor merely reinterpreting existing law, something we usually fear and do not allow in America.

The 2007 NDAA Bush signed into law states in Section 1076:

The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.

Right from 2006 HR5122.

It is still in effect.  The Coast Guard which is placed under Homeland Security is exempt, as are all other non-Military (heh, yeah, not so much anymore!) Federal LEO agencies.

So, I don't know about you, but since we have a POSOTUS who is not being challenged for the illegalities he has already and continues to commit...I don't trust in whatever stated justification a jackass might whip up to cover their evil deeds!

Just like everything, the Constitution and the very meaning of Liberty in this nation is being redifined by politicians and black robed monkeys and all authority either outright given to or seized by the executive.

This is called being f**ked over.

I just want to know when we can return the favor?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:06:25 AM by Libertas »