Author Topic: Dude stands down police...on his own front porch.  (Read 1052 times)

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Dude stands down police...on his own front porch.
« on: September 03, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Dude stands down police...on his own front porch.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:11:28 PM »
Do not knock on MY door and ask me for MY ID.  What kind of sht is that?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »
Quite well done - all things considered. I wish I had a video camera back in the day.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:54:37 AM »
WTF doesn't anybody have a storm door any more?  I make the PoPo talk through the little crack I give them at the bottom of my storm door, no warrant, goodnight, shut the door.

We gotta get that old clip again...don't talk to the police, usually nothin' good comes from it.

In this case the guy is lucky the other cop was there, looked like the negro cop wanted to shoot the guy...

ETA - If you enjoy reading the all too typical leftist trolling over stories like this, dive on in...

http://www.infowars.com/man-stands-up-for-constitution-as-police-demand-to-enter-home-without-warrant/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:06:35 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 03:05:02 PM »
On the very first day of police academy (no,  not the movie),  the very first class should be the basic constitutional right of the people.   It clear that message isn't getting taught.   I think annual refresher courses may be needed as well.   Cops are not our bosses,  they don't have the right to order citizens around.   

Plus those cops were super rude.   He actually was a witness, and he seemed to be willing to help them with that.   But they don't really ask.   They seem very intent on getting in this guy's house for some reason.  When he told them the suspect wasn't in his house,  they should have said,  thank you,  oh by the way did you see what happened tonight?    They were confrontal from the second the door opened.    The victim of the crime that night was poorly served by the those police,  as they were wasting time.

What really took the cake for me,  was when the cops said,  don't put that camera in may face!!!!!!!

WTF!   YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CAME TO THAT MANS HOUSE AND WAS IN THAT GUY'S FACE.  PLUS HE HAS THE RIGHT TO VIDEO TAPE YOU!  Even the SC says so.

But the reality was,  they didn't need to bother him at all.   They should have had the information from the victim.   

I hope he made a formal complaint,  not that it will go anywhere.   These two cops are huge liabilities to local taxpayers as well.  When they make mistakes its not them who will pay,  it will be taxpayers.     This guy could sue and probably win.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
Bottom line people have to take better control of protecting themselves...from everyone and anyone, including the police.  I doubt any remedies to change their attitude have time to work before it all blows apart...even if you could get there, I'll bet their swell union has a thing or two to say on any training, so that there means watered down effort at best...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
Why did I watch that? Just got my blood boiling!

Something I learned a long time ago when we started to homeschool--not to let anyone into the house. No matter how nice they seem or how innocent I am. In some school districts the school admin or social worker will show up with or without a cop to "check" on your kids. And once they're in they can find any "evidence" you're neglecting your kids and their education.

I have a window that's about 6 feet to the front door. If I am so inclined to find out who the stranger is at my front door I open that window a crack and ask what they want. I do have a storm door but I prefer a smaller window and a brick wall to a large pane of glass.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »
Why did I watch that? Just got my blood boiling!

Something I learned a long time ago when we started to homeschool--not to let anyone into the house. No matter how nice they seem or how innocent I am. In some school districts the school admin or social worker will show up with or without a cop to "check" on your kids. And once they're in they can find any "evidence" you're neglecting your kids and their education.

I have a window that's about 6 feet to the front door. If I am so inclined to find out who the stranger is at my front door I open that window a crack and ask what they want. I do have a storm door but I prefer a smaller window and a brick wall to a large pane of glass.

::thumbsup::