Author Topic: I won't patronize any of these fascist outfits...ever!  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
I won't patronize any of these fascist outfits...ever!
« on: September 09, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/09/72-disagree-with-panera-breads-recent-anti-gun-policy/

"We’re simply respectfully requesting that people leave their guns at home"

Uh huh...

"We at IAL are simply demanding that people who fear guns stay the Hell home and wet themselves in private and leave the rest of us alone!"

What a bunch of gutless dishonest leftist pukes!  If they don't know someone is lawfully carrying a gun, wtf do they have to fear?  The are actively projecting an irrational fear that lawful gun owning/gun carrying folk are fatally prone to shoot the Hell out of innocents left right and center at the slightest whim!  What a load of sh*t!  Who do they think we are?  The PoPo?!  The Feds?!

::doublebird::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: I won't patronize any of these fascist outfits...ever!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 12:04:46 PM »
My standard response to this sort of thing:

"Concealed means concealed."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »
My standard response to this sort of thing:

"Concealed means concealed."

Exactly.

I smh in amazement that these businesses don't just resist the pressure to come for/against and remain neutral.  Once they give in, they always alienate one side or t' other.  In this case, I'm figuring they're responding to the distaste over the open-carry folks, but they could have stopped at requesting folks to carry concealed.

I don't go there anyway, so .........

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
I smh in amazement that these businesses don't just resist the pressure to come for/against and remain neutral.  Once they give in, they always alienate one side or t' other...

I have a friend who worked as a marketing exec for one of the major coffee shop chains. He said the pressure was relentless - in his particular instance, it was teh gayz. They began making demands, and once word got out, traditionalist groups began making theirs. He was supposed to be in charge of marketing, and he said the harrassment got so bad, his whole depatment was getting overwhelmed and unable to function, spending a majority of time and resources trying to placate both sides. Middle ground and neutrality were not accepted by either side as legitimate, and both sides threatened to punish the retailer for failing to toe the line.

Our businesses are in an awful predicament in the current cultural/politcal climate. The best place on earth to do business is rapidly becoming a terrible place to do business.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:25:27 PM »
I smh in amazement that these businesses don't just resist the pressure to come for/against and remain neutral.  Once they give in, they always alienate one side or t' other...

I have a friend who worked as a marketing exec for one of the major coffee shop chains. He said the pressure was relentless - in his particular instance, it was teh gayz. They began making demands, and once word got out, traditionalist groups began making theirs. He was supposed to be in charge of marketing, and he said the harrassment got so bad, his whole depatment was getting overwhelmed and unable to function, spending a majority of time and resources trying to placate both sides. Middle ground and neutrality were not accepted by either side as legitimate, and both sides threatened to punish the retailer for failing to toe the line.

Our businesses are in an awful predicament in the current cultural/politcal climate. The best place on earth to do business is rapidly becoming a terrible place to do business.

Okay, I get that and it sucks.  That is a horrible position to find oneself in.

What I would do then, if a public choice must be made, is to come out on the side of liberty.  As long as they're going to get dinged anyhow, might just as well be on the right side of history.

This will not end well.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »

Okay, I get that and it sucks.  That is a horrible position to find oneself in.

What I would do then, if a public choice must be made, is to come out on the side of liberty.  As long as they're going to get dinged anyhow, might just as well be on the right side of history.

This will not end well.

That should be the easiest choice in the world. Unfortunately for everyone, many of these companies get trapped like deer in the headlights, trying to navigate a path that will not harm their bottom line. Insofar as they understand the stakes, that is just cowardice. If they don't understand the stakes, they probably view it as pragmatism.

Now mind you, I'm not making any such claim about Panera. They may well be run by bona fide Leftists for all I know. I'm just relating an account that was related to me from a first-hand perspective. Companies that don't want to shouldn't have to deal with this sh*t - but I have no pity for the ones that choose to inject themselves into controversial affairs outside their profit motive because their owners or board members are ideologically motivated.

That is the sick nature of the country we live in, isn't it? We have the Hobby Lobby's and Chik-fil-A's on one side, and we have the Ben & Jerry's and Google's on the other side - and the good guys are dreadfully outnumbered by the bad guys if we use the nexus of business and culture wars as our indicator. Few compaines are branding themselves as traditional, while those companies that are aligning themselves with various Leftist causes are on the increase.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 07:56:14 PM »
I see signs everywhere of a gun with a circle and line through it. Makes me chuckle. It's like all the libs decided that this was the way to show their solidarity of caring.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 11:37:53 PM »
I need to get a picture of a hippie with a circle and line through it...put it up on the entrance to my business.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 12:01:16 AM »
I need to get a picture of a hippie with a circle and line through it...put it up on the entrance to my business.

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 12:17:33 AM »
Ask and ye shall receive.

Glock delivers.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:51 AM »
OK, I am so stealing that!

And, if we're interested in annoying/banning all lower life forms, plenty of room in windows, right?

::whoohoo::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 02:10:46 PM »
Oh look, somebody must not have heard Panera's request:

Shots Fired During Panera Restaurant robbery

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
Oh look, somebody must not have heard Panera's request:

Shots Fired During Panera Restaurant robbery

Just today here in MN a wanted murderer was apprehended in a strip mall that contains a Panera.

Southbridge Crossing is a regional shopping center anchored by Wal-Mart Supercenter, Sam's Club, Pier 1 and Michaels. Other tenants include Panera, Caribou, Subway, Martinizing Dry Cleaning, GNC, Heartfelt Gifts, Avant Garden Floral, Southbridge Dental, WineStyles, AllStar Wireless, Sunny Garden Chinese Cuisine, GameStop, South Metro Federal Credit Union, Supercuts, Trade Secret, Payless Shoes, Once Upon A Child, Chili's, Arby's, DQ Grill 'n' Chill, White Castle and Holiday Stationstores.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:09:08 PM by IronDioPriest »

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
Yeah that Hoffman been public enemy #1 in these parts what seems like forever with all the media attention...

But yeah, stuff happens, people should be ready for it.

Sometimes it means just having your head out of your ass.

Unbelievable...sh*t Happens