Author Topic: All job growth in NC since 2000 went to immigrants  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
All job growth in NC since 2000 went to immigrants
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »
A study shows that the net growth in jobs in North Carolina since 2000 went entirely to immigrants, both legal and illegal.  You can probably figure on a similar situation in other states -- assuming they even have a net growth at all.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/02/Study-Net-Job-Growth-in-NC-Since-2000-Went-to-Immigrants

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: All job growth in NC since 2000 went to immigrants
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »
Figures.  The powerful allure of new voters for DemonRats and new cheap labor for Crony Capitalists and their Pubbie allies...

The only growth I see locally or nationally is of the malignant tumor kind...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
The only growth I see locally or nationally is of the malignant tumor kind...

VERY accurate metaphor.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
A rant, if you will:

Often I hear this one or that one espousing sympathy for the plight of "those who want to do it right, to come here legally", as the welcoming of illegal aliens comprises a grave offensive against them, as if this cheat is of prime, first and foremost, concern in the issue of the massive influx of foreign nationals.

I am here to tell you that as a native-born American, I give little to no sh*t for the hardship-feelings of the wanna-be legal immigrants; what concerns me is the egregious imposition on my culture, my language, my wallet and my people.  I am hear to tell you as well that I am sick and tired of hearing the "we are a nation of immigrants" lie, and it is a lie, as millions of us born here, as well as our parents, can attest.  What the phrase does is erase us right out of our own country, as if we don't exist except through the first immigrant of our family-line, regardless of how far back in time that was.

/end rant.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 03:15:18 PM »
Let me add my own rant to that.  I hate that poem by Emma Lazarus, the one they put at the base of the Statue of Liberty.  "Give us your tired, your poor", you know the one.  The one that modern apologists for demographic replacement love to trot out, as if they have so cleverly fashioned one of our own values into a cudgel to bash over our heads.  Well I for one never considered the sentiment one of "our" values.  I see it as one immigrant coming here and then presuming to invite the rest of the world in, like a house guest inviting their own friends over. Maybe I am too harsh, maybe that wasn't the real sentiment in her poem.  It just always makes me cringe.  It's that exaltation of the immigrant as being somehow more deserving of America's blessings than her native born sons and daughters. 

The popular culture acts as if America wasn't built until the waves of mass immigration started in the late 1800s.  Well what were they immigrating to?  There was already an America.  It was carved out of wilderness centuries before by its chiefly British settlers who gave it a culture and legal philosophy that combined ancient Anglo-Saxon tradition with contemporary Enlightenment thought.  It is not wrong to expect immigrants to assimilate themselves into that cultural framework, and most European immigrants did just that.  The more recent, post-1965 immigration is another thing entirely.  It's a bald attempt to replace us with alien imports who have no sentimental connections with America's traditions.

I'm reminded of a line from an article I recently posted: "You can't have a Western society without Westerners."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly