Author Topic: This guy should be a member of our forum  (Read 1488 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This guy should be a member of our forum
« on: September 08, 2014, 07:34:54 AM »
Columist mocks opponents of Redskins name with political incorrectness

“This is no time for peace pipes,” he wrote. “We must, without reservation, not just hold down the fort but go to war with those riding roughshod over hallowed American traditions — fighting the people who love nothing more than to chop away at things no one actually finds offensive. As with most issues though, we lack a political chief brave enough to tackle this type of political correctness. The biggest irony? If a leader painted this picture as the insanity that it is, it wouldn’t be his last stand, but a feather in his cap, because the vast majority of Americans recognize that using Indian names isn’t offensive, but complimentary.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: This guy should be a member of our forum
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:04:31 AM »
 ::thumbsup::

Yeah, he is our kind of people!

Sadly, though...the kind of people that we have to deal with must be doing their nefarious best to suppress opinions not in line with progressive thought...when I click on the link I get -

The page you are looking for was not found.

Can't tell if it is the source or my work filter...either way, Prog thought police are preventing me from reading the whole thing...

If anybody can reprint it here in its entirety it would be greatly appreciated.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
Libertas, there's not a lot more than what IDP posted, but here it is:

Chris Freind, a columnist with the Delaware County Daily Times, wrote a scathing column Wednesday about the debate over whether or not the Washington Redskins should change its name.

In his column, Freind facetiously and with disregard employs terms like “scalping” and “reservations” to punctuate his argument that the term ‘Redskins’ is beloved by many and detested by few.

He adds that the pro-Redskins chorus lacks a politician in D.C. who is “brave enough” to combat this “political correctness.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 11:35:26 AM »
I noticed yesterday while watching a few games that Terry Bradshaw always referred to them as the Redskins.  Knowing how the media coordinates and marches in lockstep, it is doubtful that he wasn't deliberately going against the grain by calling them the Redskins.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 11:41:47 AM »
Libertas, there's not a lot more than what IDP posted, but here it is:

Chris Freind, a columnist with the Delaware County Daily Times, wrote a scathing column Wednesday about the debate over whether or not the Washington Redskins should change its name.

In his column, Freind facetiously and with disregard employs terms like “scalping” and “reservations” to punctuate his argument that the term ‘Redskins’ is beloved by many and detested by few.

He adds that the pro-Redskins chorus lacks a politician in D.C. who is “brave enough” to combat this “political correctness.”

Oh, the link in the article intimated there was more...

Thanks.

If I were the owner I'd be going all-in on Redskins activities...Redskin events, discounts on Redskin merchandise, contests giving away Redskins gear, give sick kids in local hospitals free jerseys signed/delivered in person by players...make the media look like the complete dicks they are for denigrating the Redskins!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.