Author Topic: Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy, 93  (Read 1253 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy, 93
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:43:43 PM »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Chick-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy, 93
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 05:21:04 PM »
The hate from the Left is typical and expected. Such vile creatures.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
A true loss for America. RIP, Mr. Cathy.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:40:48 PM »
RIP to a good man.  I pray that the company doesn't fall into ruin now.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 05:49:33 PM »

I once met Dan Cathy,  there will be no major changes.   

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 07:53:37 PM »

I once met Dan Cathy,  there will be no major changes.

That's good to know, I love their food.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 08:08:25 PM »
The hate from the Left is typical and expected. Such vile creatures.

You really have to want to achieve uber douche status to go out of your way to throw hate on a good man who just passed away, but progs constantly prove themselves lacking real compassion, which will make the returned favor easy to execute when the opportunity presents itself.

Prayers for his family and friends, may he rest in peace.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 07:30:30 AM »
One of the people to made America great.  Which means America is again, a lesser place today than it was yesterday as the S. Truett Cathy's aren't being replaced by equal people. 

RIP

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
I came across this article today. It makes mention of the fact that Mr. Cathy was an investor in a movie studio in Georgia. Georgia has increased it's tax incentives for film production there.
And while the man who spent 50 years as a Sunday School teacher may not seem like a candidate for having a hand in movie business but he did that as well. He helped finance the faith-based film on basketball great Pete Maravich, The Pistol, The Birth of a Legend (1991). An undersized player as a youth who would go on to be named as one of the 50 Greatest Basketball Players in NBA History.

More recently Cathy via the Cathy Family Trust helped with financing Pinewood Atlanta Studio.

Georgia’s film tax incentives make it one of the top five production destinations in the US.  (The Frank Darabont created TV program The Walking Dead films in Georgia.) Pinewood’s newly opened studio just south of downtown Atlanta has 288 acres and six sound stages up to 30,000 square feet.
http://screenwritingfromiowa.wordpress.com/2014/09/12/truett-cathy-bird-by-bird/
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 06:30:11 AM »
I came across this article today. It makes mention of the fact that Mr. Cathy was an investor in a movie studio in Georgia. Georgia has increased it's tax incentives for film production there.
And while the man who spent 50 years as a Sunday School teacher may not seem like a candidate for having a hand in movie business but he did that as well. He helped finance the faith-based film on basketball great Pete Maravich, The Pistol, The Birth of a Legend (1991). An undersized player as a youth who would go on to be named as one of the 50 Greatest Basketball Players in NBA History.

More recently Cathy via the Cathy Family Trust helped with financing Pinewood Atlanta Studio.

Georgia’s film tax incentives make it one of the top five production destinations in the US.  (The Frank Darabont created TV program The Walking Dead films in Georgia.) Pinewood’s newly opened studio just south of downtown Atlanta has 288 acres and six sound stages up to 30,000 square feet.
http://screenwritingfromiowa.wordpress.com/2014/09/12/truett-cathy-bird-by-bird/

Once again we see the vast difference between conservative and libiot philanthropy...when a conservative does it the fact doesn't come out at the time, when a libiot gives 0.00001% of their earnings to something they trumpet it on talk shows like Oprah...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 06:49:06 AM »
I came across this and forgot to post it earlier...

About Truett Cathy

Q: Who is Truett Cathy?

A:  Truett Cathy is founder and chairman emeritus of Chick-fil-A, Inc. Known for having a keen business sense, a work ethic forged during the Depression, and a personal and business philosophy based on biblical principles

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/FAQ#?category=3

If only more people could cultivate those three little things!!!

::thumbsup::