Author Topic: Law firm backs out of DOMA defense, partner resigns in protest  (Read 5066 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Law firm backs out of DOMA defense, partner resigns in protest
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »
I'm gonna miss drinking Coke...

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 07:16:04 PM »
The LGBT community in Atlanta has significant political influence,

::gaah::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »

If we knew the full extent of each and every instance of selling out to groups we loath, we would soon not be able to eat or drink anything or go anywhere and do anything...everybody is selling out...short of massive boycott's (there is more of us than them, right?) I don't know what kind of pressure could be applied...and there is never any will power to do so anyway...so the loud minority will continue to run roughshod over us!

::gaah::

Wake me up when the revolution starts...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »

If we knew the full extent of each and every instance of selling out to groups we loath, we would soon not be able to eat or drink anything or go anywhere and do anything...everybody is selling out...short of massive boycott's (there is more of us than them, right?) I don't know what kind of pressure could be applied...and there is never any will power to do so anyway...so the loud minority will continue to run roughshod over us!

Years ago there was a pro-life group that published a list of corporate donors to planned parenthood. It was a rather extensive list. I gave up one of my crdit cards because they were on the list. Target was targeted fro being a PP donor.  They quit.

Boycotts work on two levels.  On a personal level I don't participate in their funding and collectively it can change opinion esp if we let them know we aren't buying.  They do hear that because it's all about the bottom line.

I know that I can't competely erradicate my indirect participation but if and when I hear about some place --I no longer patronize their business.

As for Coke--I quit drinking it 20 years ago and now I can't stand it.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 10:57:39 AM »

Years ago there was a pro-life group that published a list of corporate donors to planned parenthood. It was a rather extensive list. I gave up one of my crdit cards because they were on the list. Target was targeted fro being a PP donor.  They quit.

Boycotts work on two levels.  On a personal level I don't participate in their funding and collectively it can change opinion esp if we let them know we aren't buying.  They do hear that because it's all about the bottom line.

I know that I can't competely erradicate my indirect participation but if and when I hear about some place --I no longer patronize their business.

As for Coke--I quit drinking it 20 years ago and now I can't stand it.

::thumbsup::

I remember the Target boycott.  It took a little while to gain momentum (go viral) but as soon as it did they folded.
Unlike our congress, they (businesses) respond to well written letters.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »

It's for the children. ;D
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie