Author Topic: That's a toughie  (Read 1209 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
That's a toughie
« on: September 11, 2014, 04:23:31 PM »
http://www.wbrz.com/Android/getStory.cfm?storyID=64474&version=15

BATON ROUGE - Police accused a man of molesting one of the two 15-year-old girls after investigators said he picked them up at a bar and brought them back to his apartment.

Bolton Alford, 21, was arrested Tuesday and faces charges of indecent behavior with a juvenile and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.
Investigators said early on July 5, the 15-year-old victim and a friend of the same age got into a Florida Street bar where they met Alford. According to the victim's statement, she spent the night dancing with Alford until the bar closed. When the bar closed, she and her friend accompanied the 21-year-old man back to an apartment on Brightside Drive.

Inside Alford's apartment police said the man provided the girls with marijuana before taking the victim with him into a bedroom on the second floor. Once upstairs, Alford began to engage in indecent behavior of a sexual nature with the 15-year-old, but the incident was stopped due to a disturbance downstairs that took place between the victim's friend and another occupant of the apartment.

Detectives said they were provided with the victim's phone which contained photographic evidence of the night's events, and said they were able to identify Alford based on the images.

Few details were released about the disturbance between the 15-year-old friend and the other man in the apartment, but police said there is a second suspect in the case.

Now, what is a 15 yr old doing in a bar? How was he to now she was 15? If he asked, do you really thing she admitted how old she was? And now he's a sex offender for life.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: That's a toughie
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 09:30:53 PM »
Another case where it is proven nothing good happens after midnight, especially when you are liquored up...and later stoned off your keister...and you take pics of your festivities...

Impaired judgement waived, proof is in the pics, boom.

Surprised the bar is not liable, but I suspect they'll be eyeballed...give enough to the policemans fund though and all is well...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 09:47:13 PM »
I was 21 once, though it's been a while.

"There, but for the grace of God, go I".

He wasn't chasing them in school nor stalking them on the internet. He was in a bar. When you're young, harmones raging, in a bar, an ID does NOT cross your mind.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:31:45 AM »
Young, dumb, drunk and thinking with wrong head...

Yeah, guilty as charged. 

Of course in my day the digital age was a bit off yet and snapping pictures was not a second to second compulsion for people...

So we had that going for us...

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:37:55 AM »
That is the EXACT situation a friend from high school found himself in.  He was out of college, 22, in a bar, and picked someone up.  Yep.  15.  In Iowa, if you're 6 years or older than a 14 or 15 year old, it's rape.  He was charged with a felony, and ended up pleading it down to something that just resulted in years worth of probation and probably on a few sex offender registries.  Needless to say, his rising bank career was over, immediately.

According to his Linked in profile, he ended up being lucky, in that he put his life back together and went on to have a career, albeit out of the Home Town.

That is a toughie.  The law is a law, and boinking a child should be a felony, but man, you drink a few beers in a place where everyone is 21+ one is bound to make assumptions that who you're taking home is also 21.

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 07:41:25 AM »

Yeah, guilty as charged. 

Of course in my day the digital age was a bit off yet and snapping pictures was not a second to second compulsion for people...

Its the photographic evidence that gets me every time.  Just where the hell are they finding these girls who are willing and stupid enough to have their pictures taken in compromising positions?   Michelle is so paranoid about something getting hacked, that  every camera on every device in our house has blue tape over it, and if there was an easy way to kill the mics she would do that too.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 07:47:25 AM »

Yeah, guilty as charged. 

Its the photographic evidence that gets me every time.  Just where the hell are they finding these girls who are willing and stupid enough to have their pictures taken in compromising positions?   Michelle is so paranoid about something getting hacked, that  every camera on every device in our house has blue tape over it, and if there was an easy way to kill the mics she would do that too.

I think I might be related to Michelle some how.   ::thumbsup::

It's not paranoid if they can hack it!