Author Topic: Local NC Clergyman Offended by 911 Memorial  (Read 1576 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Local NC Clergyman Offended by 911 Memorial
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:56:56 AM »
Gotta laugh. Near Winston-Salem, NC, (where I spent a considerable amount of my yoot) a local clergyman voiced his concern about the wording carved into a permanent 911 Memorial Stone.

Imam Khalid Griggs of Community Mosque of Winston-Salem called the wording of the sign “provocative” because it “feeds into the Islamophobic stereotypes so prevalent today.”

Wowser. Just what did the wording say that was so offensive to the Imam?

“This steel beam was salvaged from the South Tower of the World Trade Center by the D.H. Griffin Wrecking Co. Inc. following the dastardly militant Islamic terrorist attacks on September 11, 2011,”

Suck it, Khalid. Spend some time in from of a tv camera expressing outrage at the beheadings and kidnapping and sex slavery engaged in by members of your peaceful religion.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Local NC Clergyman Offended by 911 Memorial
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:17:12 AM »
No Mosque, No Muzzies, No violent acts of barbarism...

Imagine, a world without Islaminals...

::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
Khalid the Biotch needs to read Goldberg

Is the Islamic State Really ‘Not Islamic’?
Anyone who thinks jihadism is authentically Muslim won’t change his mind because Obama says so.
By Jonah Goldberg
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/387736/islamic-state-really-not-islamic-jonah-goldberg

“Now let’s make two things clear: ISIL is not Islamic. No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of ISIL’s victims have been Muslim. And ISIL is certainly not a state.”
—? President Barack Obama in his address to the nation on Wednesday

About the second point reasonable people can quibble. The terrorist army that calls itself the Islamic State is certainly trying to build a state — and not just a state but a super state, or caliphate. They’re not there yet; their delivery of social services seems spotty at best, though they do collect taxes and uphold the law (in a fashion).

More relevant, it doesn’t really matter if it’s a state. Morally, this weed stinks just as much whether you call it a state or a soccer league that rapes, tortures, and murders people on the side. And legally, statehood would matter — and not very much — only if the U.N. and other bodies agreed to recognize the fledgling caliphate’s legitimacy. That’s not going to happen even if the Islamic State opens up post offices and DMVs on every corner.

The president’s first assertion is trickier. Is the Islamic State “not Islamic”? Moreover, is it really “clear” that it’s not Islamic?

Not even a little? Is it Islamic-ish?
. . .

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »
Maybe it's like a club of generally like-minded folk, some of whom want to do bad stuff to others...

Kinda like the Democrat Party in other words...

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »
That's what blows my mind sometimes.   If its not due to "Islam",  that what the f**k is it?   They never answer that little question. 

Every time terror happens the terrorists themselves say its for Islam.   They do it because Islam is telling them to do so.

All nineteen 9/11 terrorists were Muslim.   There were no Hindus,  or Christians or Jews.   All 19 were Muslim,  and did it because of Islam. 

ISIS was born due to Islam.   It may not be a state,  but due to big ears policies it may soon be. 

Why is honesty and facts the victim?   

I hope they keep that wording on that stone.   It needs to be said,  and you know the majority of America agree that we are under attack from Islam,  even if our "leaders" deny it. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 01:23:36 PM »
Now let’s make two things clear: ISIL is not Islamic.

Well, they say they ARE, and who the hell does Obongo think he is to say they're not WHAT THEY SAY THEY ARE?!

Yes, I'm yelling.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
And the whole "there isn't a religion on Earth that promotes the murder of innocents", or whatever he said.  YES THERE IS!  The Koran commands exactly that of its adherents, in multiple examples.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:20 PM »
That's what blows my mind sometimes.   If its not due to "Islam",  that what the f**k is it?   They never answer that little question. 

Every time terror happens the terrorists themselves say its for Islam.   They do it because Islam is telling them to do so.

All nineteen 9/11 terrorists were Muslim.   There were no Hindus,  or Christians or Jews.   All 19 were Muslim,  and did it because of Islam. 

ISIS was born due to Islam.   It may not be a state,  but due to big ears policies it may soon be. 

Why is honesty and facts the victim?   

I hope they keep that wording on that stone.   It needs to be said,  and you know the majority of America agree that we are under attack from Islam,  even if our "leaders" deny it.

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
Maybe it's like a club of generally like-minded folk, some of whom want to do bad stuff to others...

I say more akin to a club of generally like-minded folk, some most of whom want to do bad stuff to others & who's rulebook SAYS explicitly to do bad stuff to others & only a few, radical/fringe members who merely want to use its scaffolding & pray 5 times a day...but who are too chickensh*t to OWN that POV & speak out L-O-U-D when the majority keep on keepin' on.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »

Sure they do. Its white America's fault for being racist. .. no one said their answer had to make sense.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 02:22:39 PM »

Thanks for sharing this picture. I love it.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 09:03:14 PM »
  Another one that's perpetually offended.   ::vafancoul::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 05:46:55 AM »
  Another one that's perpetually offended.   ::vafancoul::

And another one who thinks we give a shyt.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 11:55:22 AM »

I say more akin to a club of generally like-minded folk, some most of whom want to do bad stuff to others & who's rulebook SAYS explicitly to do bad stuff to others & only a few, radical/fringe members who merely want to use its scaffolding & pray 5 times a day...but who are too chickensh*t to OWN that POV & speak out L-O-U-D when the majority keep on keepin' on.

::hat-tip::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 11:55:54 AM »

Thanks for sharing this picture. I love it.

::thumbsup::