Author Topic: Teacher Group: Math Is “The Domain Of Old, White Men”  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Teacher Group: Math Is “The Domain Of Old, White Men”
« on: September 13, 2014, 02:33:01 PM »
2+2=4 is racist, you see.

http://weaselzippers.us/199470-teacher-group-math-is-the-domain-of-old-white-men-urges-working-social-justice-into-math-problems/

WASHINGTON, D.C. – According to a Teach for America website, culturally responsive teaching in math is important because “math has traditionally been seen as the domain of old, White men.”

As reported earlier this week, Teach for America groups across the country are committing themselves to “culturally responsive teaching,” a radical pedagogy used by communist Bill Ayers and other blatant anti-American indoctrinators.

The site, Culturally Responsive Teaching, Teach for America, says that because math is seen as a domain for old, white men, many students cannot identify with it. Therefore, educators should find ways to relate math to the lives of their students.

Judging from the math curriculum recommended, this TFA group, like all other social justice educators, wants minorities to believe that what relates most to their lives in America is racism and oppression.

For example, the site recommends “Critically Conscious Mathematics” and “Radical Math.” [...]

Radical Math provides hundreds of social justice math lessons obviously meant to indoctrinate. For example, lesson titles include “Sweatshop Accounting,” “Racism and Stop and Frisk,” “When Equal Isn’t Fair,” “The Square Root of a Fair Share” and “Home Buying While Brown or Black.”
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Teacher Group: Math Is “The Domain Of Old, White Men”
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:06:33 PM »
Common Core, anyone?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »
Ah fer crissake.  So, being able to do math is acting White?   

Yeah, like this, "At a speed of 80 mph, how long does it take to go 80 miles?"

"Duhhhh ....... eight hours."

Fuggem.  They want the Black ferals to stay ignorant, let 'em.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »
What Pan said.  When someone wants to slit their own throat just get out of the way.  Emphasis for white acting types on getting out!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:56:09 PM »
  It's self fulfilling,keep them stupid and keep them angry and you have a voter for ever.  The really stupid part is that numbers are racist as if numbers are a reality of some sort based on only working for white people.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »
And the irony is that our number system as well as some of the fundamental mathematics are of Arab/Persian/Indian origin.  Also it's well known that students from East Asia do well in it.  This is really just another convoluted and contrived explanation for the persistent performance gap between white and (specifically) black students.

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 06:40:00 AM »
And of course for the geniuses running the indoctrination camps nothing boosts low self-esteem like pulling everybody else down into the muck.  I say get the muck out of there!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.