Author Topic: What if you held a climate summit and nobody came?  (Read 1320 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
What if you held a climate summit and nobody came?
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:27:56 AM »
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/09/16/obamas-lonely-climate-summit-world-leaders-are-staying-home/

Obama’s Lonely Climate Summit – world leaders are staying home
Anthony Watts / 4 hours ago September 16, 2014   

Eric Worrall writes: The imminent climate summit in New York is rapidly turning into an utter embarrassment for President Obama and UN Secretary General Bank Ki-Moon, in addition to becoming a bit of a punishment round for national deputy leaders.

Aussie PM Tony Abbott today defended his decision not to hop on an earlier flight to America, so he could attend the UN climate conference in New York, because he has more important matters to attend to, such as running the country.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/tony-abbott-defends-skipping-un-climate-change-summit-in-new-york/story-fni0xqrb-1227060005413

Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi  have also indicated they likely won’t attend the summit.
http://thediplomat.com/2014/09/top-leaders-from-china-india-to-skip-un-climate-change-summit/

Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper has indicated he will not be attending. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/stephen-harper-to-skip-un-climate-summit-183946998.html

Even Angela Merkel, President of über green Germany, will not be attending the UN climate summit. http://notrickszone.com/2014/05/26/merkel-snubs-new-york-ban-ki-moon-climate-conference-burying-the-global-climate-agreement/

Of course, things would probably have been totally different, if the summit organisers had guaranteed that attendees would definitely not have to sit through any more boring climate presentations by former Vice President Al Gore.

I'm sorry, but I find this funny as all get out. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: What if you held a climate summit and nobody came?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 12:12:51 PM »
It amazes me that so many Leftists are clinging to the ClimateChange™ agenda, even after all the irrefutable contrary evidence that has been continuously pouring out since Climategate. They are assuming and depending on ignorance and tribal loyalty.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
It's funny how every time Gore shows up at one of these things, the city it's in experiences some sort of record cold. This has happened several times in different cities around the world.  If you ask me, somebody is trying to tell him something.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:49:27 AM »
It's funny how every time Gore shows up at one of these things, the city it's in experiences some sort of record cold. This has happened several times in different cities around the world.  If you ask me, somebody is trying to tell him something.

The GoreEffect, it is pretty remarkable how often it happens, but still he is far to vain too get the hint.

"Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi  have also indicated they likely won’t attend the summit."

Yes, they definitely have better things to do than to destroy their economies, all they have to do is sit back and watch Obama f**k America over again and again...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:08:30 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 09:48:36 PM »
Hans Christian Anderson (a.k.a Danny Kaye) explains the psychology of Climate Change . . .

Danny Kaye - The King's New Clothes
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 09:57:11 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.