Author Topic: One nation, under Allah  (Read 1385 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
One nation, under Allah
« on: September 17, 2014, 05:31:37 PM »
http://www.katc.com/news/airmen-can-omit-so-help-me-god-from-oath/

Airmen can omit "so help me god" from oath

The Air Force will now allow both enlisted members and officers to omit the words "So help me God" from oaths if they choose.

According to a news release, the Air Force requested a legal opinion after concerns were raised by Airmen.

"We take any instance in which Airmen report concerns regarding religious freedom seriously," said Secretary of the Air Force Deborah Lee James. "We are making the appropriate adjustments to ensure our Airmen's rights are protected."

The Air Force requested the review following a ceremony at Creech Air Force Base, Nevada, in which an enlisted Airman struck out the words, "So help me God" on the Department of Defense Form 4 and did not include them in his verbal oath. The Airman's unit was unable to process his paperwork as a result.

This will do so much for the morale...
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
Re: One nation, under Allah
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:28:44 PM »
Them: "We take any instance of ________________________________________ seriously,"
.......................................................................fill in the blank

Me: "F*ck you. You do not."

As for religious freedom...why does the government not feel as concerned about the seriousness of the liberties of those persecuted, fined & threatened with incarceration for not baking, photographing or renting their property to sodomite-run affairs??
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:13:46 PM by Pablo de Fleurs »
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 07:09:54 AM »
Why take an oath at all then?  I mean if the oath is optional/subjective I guess taking orders is a pretty gray area too, eh?

What a bunch of fracking morons!!!

On the plus side, this should help fill the civilian ranks with the good and leave the stinking dregs for the Fedcoats!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:13:24 PM »
And why do the courts get to have people place a hand on the Bible, or include "so help me God" in oaths?  If the government does not respect the Bible then it should not have the privilege of using it to compel honesty and fidelity from people.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:09:38 PM »
I'd like to know how many airmen complained about the oath. Let me guess....an army of one.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »
I'd like to know how many airmen complained about the oath. Let me guess....an army of one.

That would be my guess too.   They will ignore the complaints of the majority because its not politically correct,  but even if one is offended,  then we must make "change".