Author Topic: Operation Choke Point expands ....  (Read 930 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Operation Choke Point expands ....
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:05:00 PM »
For Gun Shop Owners, It’s No Longer Hip to Be ‘Square’

It’s white. It’s square. And at 1-by-1 inch in diameter, it is the perfect accoutrement to any entrepreneur’s smartphone.

With its quick swipe capability and ultimate portability, the high-tech Square Reader credit-card processor has become an invaluable tool in today’s economy.

... Last summer, around the same time the U.S. Department of Justice’s Operation Choke Point began pressuring banks to drop customers who buy or sell firearms, tobacco and other goods considered “not acceptable” by the Obama administration, Square quietly changed its terms of agreement.

... In an alert regarding a change of terms, Square notified vendors:

…you will not accept payments in connection with the following businesses or business activities: …sales of (i) firearms, firearm parts or hardware, and ammunition; or (ii) weapons and other devices designed to cause physical injury.

... (Square’s terms, by the way, also prohibit the online sale of cigarettes and other tobacco products—goods that also are targeted by Operation Choke Point.)

... Today, the Square’s terms prohibit gun-shop owners from using the credit-card processor not only when they are conducting gun sales at their brick-and-mortar stores but even more so when they are offsite, representing their stores at gun shows where they often need the wireless Square Reader to ring up sales on smartphones or tablets.

... Now, with evidence mounting of an all-out war on Second Amendment supporters in the financial marketplace, it fits the bill of an Operation Choke Point target.

... The timing of the release of the Square’s new, more stringent terms just so happens to coincide with Operation Choke Point’s initial targeting in the spring of 2013, as reported by The Daily Signal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Operation Choke Point expands ....
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:29:55 PM »
You know what, if militant faggots can force a bakery or photographer to do business with them, then as a perfectly legal and legitimate part of commerce a gun store should be allowed to force Square to do business with them.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:45:05 PM »
You know what, if militant faggots can force a bakery or photographer to do business with them, then as a perfectly legal and legitimate part of commerce a gun store should be allowed to force Square to do business with them.

It NEVER works that way in the liberal world.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 07:01:07 AM »
What would work is a nationwide campaign by gun owners to not use Square for their business nor patronize ANY business using Square!

Boom!  Hit them in their pocketbook, and then flip them the bird for good measure if you are so inclined!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »
What would work is a nationwide campaign by gun owners to not use Square for their business nor patronize ANY business using Square!

Boom!  Hit them in their pocketbook, and then flip them the bird for good measure if you are so inclined!!!

Most gun shops I've seen like cash.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 10:50:57 AM »
Yes, paying for things with cash.  One of the things Fatherland Security lists as the profile of "domestic terrorists."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »
Yes, paying for things with cash.  One of the things Fatherland Security lists as the profile of "domestic terrorists."

Hey, I've paid in cash a couple times or more...I guess so far they ain't stoopit enough to harass me for it...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.