Author Topic: ALLEGED bomber found  (Read 2591 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
ALLEGED bomber found
« on: April 26, 2011, 01:24:47 PM »
The man suspected of a bombing attempt on a Colorado mall has been captured by police, law enforcement sources tell Fox 31.

Earl Albert Moore, 65, was arrested and taken into custody at around 8 a.m. Tuesday in Boulder, Colo., according to the station.

Authorities launched a nationwide manhunt for Moore over his alleged involvement in an attempted bombing last week at the Southwest Plaza Mall in Littleton, Co. The FBI has referred to the incident as an act of domestic terrorism.

The explosives did not detonate, but the incident alarmed authorities and residents because the plan took place on the 12th anniversary of the shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton.

Investigators, however, said Monday that the event was not likely related to the anniversary. Authorities have found a motive but aren't releasing additional information, an FBI spokesman said.

Moore, who is considered dangerous, was released from federal prison April 13 after serving time for his conviction in the May 2005 robbery of a West Virginia bank, according to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons. Federal court records show that Moore pleaded guilty to robbing the bank in Crab Orchard, W.Va., of $2,546.

A judge sentenced Moore to between 15 and 19 years in prison, but a federal appeals court in 2006 ruled his stiff sentence was "unreasonable" and Moore's sentence was reduced to seven years.

<snip>
The Associated Press contributed to this report

I would like to know why he received a 15-19 year sentence in the first place.  The FBI called him armed and dangerous.  Doesn't sound like someone who should have gotten out in 7.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: ALLEGED bomber found
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 01:28:32 PM »
Wonder what the motive was? Leftist, or Muslim? Any bets?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 01:34:57 PM »
Wonder what the motive was? Leftist, or Muslim? Any bets?

I don't know but from now on all bald white men with Target bags in their hands will be suspects of something.  Probably need the TSA to search anyone fitting that description who travels to a mall.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

RickZ

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
I would like to know why he received a 15-19 year sentence in the first place.  The FBI called him armed and dangerous.  Doesn't sound like someone who should have gotten out in 7.
From one site:

Court records show he robbed a West Virginia bank of $2,546, assaulted a bank employee and used a deadly weapon in the course of the 2005 robbery
The NYDaily News reported:

Moore has a lengthy rap sheet, including multiple larceny convictions, a drug offense and reckless driving.
It sounds like the judge in the 2005 robbery conviction took into account his priors in determining sentencing.  The appeals court apparently disagreed.  With this attempt at mass murder just 7 days after being paroled, the judge's original sentence in that robbery trial has been vindicated.

Also, he doesn't sound like he has an ideological pursuasion, just a career criminal pursuasion.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:54:11 PM »
It sounds like the judge in the 2005 robbery conviction took into account his priors in determining sentencing.  The appeals court apparently disagreed.  With this attempt at mass murder just 7 days after being paroled, the judge's original sentence in that robbery trial has been vindicated.

Kind of what I was thinking.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »
Another one making my case for me...put the worst of the worst on one inescapable island surrounded by ravenous sharks and let them deal with each other!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:31:30 PM »
  The guy didn't want to be release himself.He's institutionalized he can't make it out here so he committed a crime so he could go back where he feels safe. Nuts I know but it does happen.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
  The guy didn't want to be release himself.He's institutionalized he can't make it out here so he committed a crime so he could go back where he feels safe. Nuts I know but it does happen.

Fine, why can't he march into a police station and announce an armed robbery, why do these bums have to hurt/kill innocents along the way?!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »

Fine, why can't he march into a police station and announce an armed robbery, why do these bums have to hurt/kill innocents along the way?!

If I could answer that it would make me intelligent and I never claim that one.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

If I could answer that it would make me intelligent and I never claim that one.

Don't sell yourself too short, you're plenty smart.  Just venting on my part, and it is perhaps too much to ask criminals to think when normal people fail at that every day!