Author Topic: LA resturaunt offers 10% discount if you can prove you're packing  (Read 1084 times)

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
http://bearingarms.com/just-need-see-weapon-louisiana-restaurant-offers-10-discount-prove-youre-carrying-gun/

While the anti-gun bullies of Moms Demand Action continue trying to harass businesses into banning the lawful carry of firearms, one popular restaurant in Louisiana is going to opposite route, and is doing booming business thanks to their pro-gun discount:

Bergeron’s Restaurant off Lobdell Highway in Port Allen is known for it’s cajun cooking, but recently they’ve been getting a lot of attention for something that doesn’t have anything to do with their food. The restaurant is offering a discount, but it’s far from typical.

“I just need to see a weapon. I need you to be carrying a gun,” says Bergeron’s owner Kevin Cox.

That’s right. The restaurant began offering a 10% discount a couple of weeks ago, for bringing in both your appetite and your gun.

“As long as everybody has a gun we’re all the same size,” says Cox.

Owner Kevin Cox says the idea started as a way to thank the law enforcement officers that frequent his restaurant, but soon other gun carrying customers began asking for the discount too…and he’s happy to oblige.

“I keep hearing so much about people banning guns. Target’s banning guns and these people are banning guns. Don’t they realize that that’s where people with guns are going to go? I want to take the opposite approach. How can I make my place safer?”

Bergeron’s Restaurant is part of a wave of more than 57,000 pro-gun businesses that have cropped up in recent years as concealed carry rights have expanded across the United States.

I would feel safe eating in a restaurant like this, how about you?
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: LA resturaunt offers 10% discount if you can prove you're packing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 09:17:18 AM »
Yes indeed.  And when I saw the thread title I said "There's no way 'LA' means Los Angeles. This has to mean 'Louisiana.'"

On another note, the gun rights issue is one example where our side has waged the fight in the cultural arena and the victories in the political arena have been because of the success in the cultural arena.  I wish the GOP could figure this out for once.  The cultural arena is the driver, and politics merely follows.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »
Yes indeed.  And when I saw the thread title I said "There's no way 'LA' means Los Angeles. This has to mean 'Louisiana.'"

;D
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:01:48 AM »
Heh, I like it.   ::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
Heh, I like it.   ::thumbsup::

Cajun: We love kids, but we don't play.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 02:43:35 PM »
Yeah,  there would be no way a restaurant in Los Angeles would be allowed to allow guns.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 06:54:20 AM »
Yeah,  there would be no way a restaurant in Los Angeles would be allowed to allow guns.

Depends, I bet plenty of rappers roll into joints with an entourage loaded with weapons, as do sundry other criminals...and the bodyguards for the so-called beautiful people - Hollywood stars and politicians.  The rest are just rabble to be despised...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.