Author Topic: Man fired for owning a gun: Never had it at work, didn't matter  (Read 727 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Man fired for owning a gun: Never had it at work, didn't matter
« on: October 15, 2014, 05:00:06 PM »
My corner of Indiana (northwest indiana,  just outside Chicago)  is loaded with stupid idiotic liberals.   Here is yet another stupid idiotic story getting nationwide attention.   

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/second-amendment-2/employee-fired-for-admitting-he-owned-a-gun-whats-worse-is-how-long-hes-worked-there

After 21 years as the groundskeeper with the HOA of the gated community of Lake of the Four Seasons, Indiana,  a man is out of a job.
Why?  Because he owns a gun.  Did he bring it to work and threaten people with it?  Nope.

Never took it near Lake of the Four Seasons at all.   

But they fired him any way.   Just because he once said he owned a gun.  In what he probably thought was a casual conversation. 

In spite of the fact that Indiana law would permit him to TAKE it to work,  had he wanted to.

I hope he gets a nice big fat settlement. 

If your real sharp,  you may remember Lake of the Four Seasons from a few years ago,  when former jailed mayor of Cicero Illinois,  Betty Loren Maltese once denied living here instead of Cicero.   She lived here, no question (who would WANT to live in Cicero?),   the feds ended up seizing the house in Lake of the Four Seasons.     

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Man fired for owning a gun: Never had it at work, didn't matter
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
I wonder what the legalities are? Can he sue, or is he SOL?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
He is suing.   I imagine he will settle for some amount.   It likely he will never work there again (why would you?).

They likely are in violation of Indiana's "take your gun to work law" not that the state has done anything. 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:01 AM »
If there is nothning in the HOA by-laws about owners/visitors/employees/contractors denied to bring weapons on the property the are completely porked, but it will come down to the language, signage laws of the state/locality, all that rot.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.