Author Topic: “Common people do not carry this much U.S. currency.”  (Read 1579 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
“Common people do not carry this much U.S. currency.”
« on: October 07, 2014, 01:46:02 PM »
“Common people do not carry this much U.S. currency.”

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-07/common-people-do-not-carry-much-currency-%E2%80%93-how-police-justify-stealing-american-citi

::saywhat::

Oh really?

Well, I got one for you Mr. Policeman/Policewoman...

Police have no right to steal, if they try it, they should be shot like any other burglar.

;)

Have a nice day!   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: “Common people do not carry this much U.S. currency.”
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »
In fact people have every right to carry large amounts of money.   Like they did before the days of credit cards and personal checks.    There are plenty of legal reasons why a normal person would be carrying large amount of money.   Many are carrying cash from retail and other businesses on the way to banks etc.    Are police going to steal the entire days sales of a business?   Yes,  in some cases now,  they have!!!!!

A story my grandma liked to tell.   When my grandparents bought their home in the late 1930's,  banks generally didn't loan most people money to buy homes (this is the days before FHA,   before mortgages where "backed" by government debt etc).   They had to borrow from other sources,  and there were many organizations or people you could get a loan from.    Most of those sources have been either pushed out the business or made illegal by the banking industry.

In their case they borrowed money from a great uncle.   They offered about 5 thousand dollars for the house they bought,  and the great uncle showed up at the closing with all of it.   IN CASH.   He had it hidden in various parts of his body,  so if he was robbed on the way,  he wouldn't lose it all.   

But it amused my grandma how long it took for him to put all the cash on the table.   It took about ten minutes or so to find and remove all the cash (5 grand being a lot more money those days). 

Seems we need to start doing that again,  not for street thugs but for those thugs from our so called government.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »
One of the police officers in our little town just quit. I spoke to him and said he couldn't stand to work for a group whose only concern was to reach their quota for tickets. This town appears to have the same issues.

Since we are on the I 65 corridor, north of Nashville, I've noticed the police pull and search cars daily...maybe it is all justified but I'm thinking it is nothing more than money grabbing.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 07:21:53 AM »
I would argue anecdotal evidence shows the ratio of justified to extortion is 3:1 for extortion.

And if it is a crime to carry (exactly how much is a lot?) a wad of cash around then I am a habitual and unrepentant criminal...because in case the crap hits the fan, flashing a $20 probably isn't going to garner much attention!

Somewhere along the line the police got it into their heads that it is in their best interest to serve all the scum (politicians, bureaucrats and other sundry filth!) than the people victimized by criminals and scum!

Reality is going to be a bitch for a lot of people...the police will not be exempt.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »
I would argue anecdotal evidence shows the ratio of justified to extortion is 3:1 for extortion.

And if it is a crime to carry (exactly how much is a lot?) a wad of cash around then I am a habitual and unrepentant criminal...because in case the crap hits the fan, flashing a $20 probably isn't going to garner much attention!

Somewhere along the line the police got it into their heads that it is in their best interest to serve all the scum (politicians, bureaucrats and other sundry filth!) than the people victimized by criminals and scum!

Reality is going to be a bitch for a lot of people...the police will not be exempt.

Most businesses have to carry cash, sometimes large amounts, as part of doing business. Maybe the money was part of a job completed. It's really none of the police's business unless upon cursory inspection drugs pour out the door. But I guess if you are carrying cash you must be up to no good.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:40:52 AM »

Most businesses have to carry cash, sometimes large amounts, as part of doing business. Maybe the money was part of a job completed. It's really none of the police's business unless upon cursory inspection drugs pour out the door. But I guess if you are carrying cash you must be up to no good.

Yeah, I guess trying to survive in a world where Progressives, feckless Pubbies, Neo-Keynesian puppetmasters and crony capitalists are doing their damndest to destroy everything and everyone is a person up to no good!

Aim to misbehave!   ;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 04:37:02 PM »
This crap is beyond out of control.  When will enough be enough?

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Civil Forfeiture (HBO)
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 08:24:59 PM »
cops and judges....it's all a big scam and if the Founders were around these assclowns would be chased down by lead and ropes.

Anybody stealing from me ...  ;)

PS - I am still trying to figure out if this Brooklyn 99 show is life influencing art or art imitating life...

Not that it matters...