Author Topic: Passport: new questionnaire proposal  (Read 3872 times)

charlesoakwood

Passport: new questionnaire proposal
« on: April 26, 2011, 04:34:21 PM »
Heh, the Rooskies were his advisers.  Glenn Beck proposes they are doing it in order to un-document the documented.

http://rt.com/usa/news/new-usa-passport-questionnaire/

New proposed rules to passport application by the US Department of State may require some applicants submit a full employment history and the list of ever residence they have held since birth.
, the DS-5513 may also be used as evidence in the prosecution of any individual who makes a false statement on the application and for other uses as set forth in the Prefatory Statement and the Passport System of Records Notice (State-26)."
In addition to providing additional information on the applicant, the questionnaire would seek additional details on the applicant’s friends and family – i.e. details on pre-natal and post-natal care, the mother's residence one year before and after the applicant’s birth, the names of those in attendance at the birth and those present for any religious or institutional events surrounding the birth.

"The State Department estimated that the average respondent would be able to compile all this information in just 45 minutes, which is obviously absurd given the amount of research that is likely to be required to even attempt to complete the form," noted Edward Hasbrouck Consumer Traveler.
"Choosing to require an applicant for a passport to complete the proposed Form DS-5513, which few if any applicants could complete, would amount to a de facto decision to deny that applicant a passport. And that decision would be standard less, arbitrary, and illegal,” commented the Consumer Travel Alliance.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Passport: new questionnaire proposal
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
Everyone should have an official copy of their LFBC in a fireproof safe or safe deposit box. I never had one until we went to adopt our daughter, and then it became a necessity. It was easy to get a hold of.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
I need to get that; I've the COB right now, and it was enough to get my passport.

Who the hell can possibly remember the name of their very first supervisor or his current phone number?

This is ridiculous and the piece's author is correct; standardless and arbitrary.

Beck may right.  Again.

This administration and its thugs grow more demanding of us, and out of control, every. damn. day.  It has to be stopped.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »
How the heck are they going to verify where I lived 40 years ago?  Or my first job? The place burned down and the owner died years ago.

It would probably be like the IRS you turn it in and hope you don't get flagged.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
How the heck are they going to verify where I lived 40 years ago?...

They aren't, unless they need to take you down. You will have signed your name to a document stating that what you aver is the truth accountable to the penalty of law. If they need you dinged, they'll hammer you for filing false information with a government agency in an effort to obtain a passport illegally.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

RickZ

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »
Obama making more laws he would not have been able to pass in an earlier lifetime.  Just like he could never have gotten a security clearance without being a senator or president.

Offline michelleo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:43:11 PM »
They aren't, unless they need to take you down.

Precisely right.  Make the laws impossible to follow so you can punish your political enemies.
I moved 7 times before the age of 10 (as a result of my dad being in the military). Hell, I moved 6 times in my college days and mid-20s.

How on earth is there any conceivable way to track down all those addresses?!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 07:44:14 PM »
Talk about Papers Please.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »
And yet wanting people who wish to be president to show proof of citizenship is  ridiculous.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 07:46:59 PM »
And yet wanting people who wish to be president to show proof of citizenship is  ridiculous.

But of course you racist you. ::saywhat::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »
Yes, that's the primary goal of the overcriminalization of society, to create a condition wherein every citizen, even the little old ladies in the church social club, is technically a lawbreaker. That way State Almighty can use these sundry and unavoidable "transgressions" as an excuse to take you out when/if you become troublesome.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 10:21:49 PM »
 I just don't get why make it hard for a natural born American to get the very documents they now need to travel?Even with me I have all the papers that say that I'm a citizen why break my balls now.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »
Yes, that's the primary goal of the overcriminalization of society, to create a condition wherein every citizen, even the little old ladies in the church social club, is technically a lawbreaker. That way State Almighty can use these sundry and unavoidable "transgressions" as an excuse to take you out when/if you become troublesome.

...taxes, fees and licenses are already used to control the population

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 10:46:37 PM »
Veer iz ur paperz?!

::speechless::

::cussing::

::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
Who was it that said that government needs lawbreakers to stay in business. If everyone obeyed the law, there would be no need for government.  ::evil::
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »
I dunno, but it sure sounds like it came out of a progressive mouth!

But I like the implication of the antithesis - fewer laws/less government!

::thumbsup::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:41 AM »
Hell,libs see the writing on the wall....All the earners will want out one day if the "progressives" and the "rinos" keep destroying this country. This will keep yo money in country.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 01:22:06 AM »
That was exactly my first impression as well Don. The wealthy, the entrepreneurial, industrialists who might want to flee (with their skills and wealth) to greener pastures.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:23 AM »
It sounds like the application form for the C.I.A.  The State Dept. has absolutely no need for that level of information . This is getting dangerously out of hand .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 07:16:00 AM »
It sounds like the application form for the C.I.A.  The State Dept. has absolutely no need for that level of information . This is getting dangerously out of hand .

There ya go again SH, making me think!  What the heck is State up to here, really?  The BDS doesn't have domestic authority per se, they're an overseas outfit augmented with Marines and other technical professionals at our embassies and missions.  Good catch SH!

I checked their webpage though, they do have some domestic presence - Investigative field offices etc, but the closest possible relationship they could have with their own citizens within our shores is restricted to passport/VISA fraud and assisting other LE outfits, primarily via information (terrorist suspects) they can provide.  Why a massive intrusion into the domestic arena and gathering data on our own citizens?!

http://www.state.gov/m/ds/

This thing stinks to high heaven and must be stopped dead in its tracks!