Author Topic: Video shows Officers using stun gun after breaking car window in traffic stop  (Read 811 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
This happened less then five miles from my home here in Northwest Indiana. 

Hammond, Indiana police use stun gun on passenger (yes passenger) after breaking out the window of a car,  after police stopped the driver for not using,   get this,  her SEATBELT! 

He is arrested for resisting arrest (how sitting in your car is resisting,  search me?) and for not aiding police (how is that a crime?).   

This incident comes on the heels of several negative events involving Hammond police recently.   

Watch the video.  It is quite insane how the police ramped this up.

Remember the motorist was stopped for not using her seatbelt.   

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/national/video-shows-officer-using-stun-gun-in-traffic-stop/article_873d8d5c-9d6d-55cd-b91b-1b2087d8a56a.html

http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/lake/30315685-418/hammond-police-officers-named-in-excessive-force-lawsuit.html#.VDcKwbIoRzQ

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Lesson #1 I learned a long long time ago...

It doesn't matter the infraction, if it was real or imagined, most courts (ie-Judge's) place greater trust in cops, and they'll take their word, the word of the prosecutor and so on...you, the presumed guilty until proven otherwise come in last.

Nobody is going to take care of yourself and yours better than you.

Lesson #2...

Don't say sh*t!  Let Mr.RoomTempatureIQ do whatever, write whatever.

Lesson #3...

If in a vehicle/home, don't leave and don't let them in...even if they want to turn it into a SWAT-event, f**k 'em, they stay out!

Lesson #4...

Have a decent lawyer on speed-dial, at best you can call them and stick the phone out a crack in the window and you can let the lawyer talk the idiots down.

Lesson #5...

Never go any where unarmed, better to be judged...yadda yadda yadda.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.