Author Topic: Snowden sounds an awful lot like he's on our side  (Read 817 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Snowden sounds an awful lot like he's on our side
« on: October 13, 2014, 01:52:53 PM »
Some people take the position that they “don’t have anything to hide,” but he argued that when you say that, “You’re inverting the model of responsibility for how rights work”:
[blockquote]"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."[/blockquote]

Either he's on our side, or he's faking it for some nefarious reason. The fact that his asylum came from Russia is suspect. Which nation (aside from the United States, that is) stands to benefit more from Snowden's revelations than Russia?

But when our own government is in the clutches of a domestic enemy, "anywhere but here" is the logical place for Snowden to run. Russia is even more logical, since the US has no muscle to force extradition.

What is worse? The implications of Russia having knowledge of our government secretly spying on its own citizens in order that the American people be made aware? Or the implications of our government secretly spying on its own citizens continuing to go undetected?

It seems to me like fleeing to Russia could very well have been a calculated decision that comports entirely with the goal of revealing our government's own treason to the American people.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 02:08:27 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Snowden sounds an awful lot like he's on our side
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 02:25:53 PM »
Some people take the position that they “don’t have anything to hide,” but he argued that when you say that, “You’re inverting the model of responsibility for how rights work”:
[blockquote]"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."[/blockquote]

Either he's on our side, or he's faking it for some nefarious reason. The fact that his asylum came from Russia is suspect. Which nation (aside from the United States, that is) stands to benefit more from Snowden's revelations than Russia?

But when our own government is in the clutches of a domestic enemy, "anywhere but here" is the logical place for Snowden to run. Russia is even more logical, since the US has no muscle to force extradition.

What is worse? The implications of Russia having knowledge of our government secretly spying on its own citizens in order that the American people be made aware? Or the implications of our government secretly spying on its own citizens continuing to go undetected?

It seems to me like fleeing to Russia could very well have been a calculated decision that comports entirely with the goal of revealing our government's own treason to the American people.

I agree.  And I think his choice of exile was calculated to make it difficult for wet teams to operate in and do their thing...obviously China would have been better to make white devils stick out more in a crowd of small dark haired Asians...and the pool of Asian black op's cannot be too deep to risk for such a venture deep in Chi Com territory, but then again Snowden would have stuck out there as well...I think Russia makes it as difficult politically to get away with a hit as well as allows a Caucasian to blend in.  It might be easier for a hit squad to masquerade as Russian, but doing the deed on a high profile target and getting out unmolested is not a certainty, and not many may be willing to go on a one-way mission to snuff the guy.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 03:29:27 PM »

I agree.  And I think his choice of exile was calculated to make it difficult for wet teams to operate in and do their thing...obviously China would have been better to make white devils stick out more in a crowd of small dark haired Asians...and the pool of Asian black op's cannot be too deep to risk for such a venture deep in Chi Com territory, but then again Snowden would have stuck out there as well...I think Russia makes it as difficult politically to get away with a hit as well as allows a Caucasian to blend in.  It might be easier for a hit squad to masquerade as Russian, but doing the deed on a high profile target and getting out unmolested is not a certainty, and not many may be willing to go on a one-way mission to snuff the guy.

I would think the Russian mafia would do the job dirt cheap.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:39:34 PM »
I doubt that this was sort of plan with Russia. But since the United States government has become the enemy of the people, its enemies become the people's friends. I am sure Russia saw an opportunity to poke the US Govt  in the eye and grabbed at it. But bottom line Snowden revealed - without question and without a doubt, the fed is acting lawless and has been for years.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 06:57:42 AM »

I would think the Russian mafia would do the job dirt cheap.

They have to live there though, if Vlad and the other Oligarch's see value in him living, he will live, once that dynamic changes though all bets could be off...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:09 AM »
I doubt that this was sort of plan with Russia. But since the United States government has become the enemy of the people, its enemies become the people's friends. I am sure Russia saw an opportunity to poke the US Govt  in the eye and grabbed at it. But bottom line Snowden revealed - without question and without a doubt, the fed is acting lawless and has been for years.

And that is the where the focus should be!  The Obola Regime and its water-carriers keep attacking the messenger as if that makes the message moot, which it most certainly does not!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
As I recall, Snowden didn't have a lot of choices on where to go.