Author Topic: "Bush lied, people died", but he didn't lie  (Read 2182 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"Bush lied, people died", but he didn't lie
« on: October 19, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
The “Bush lied/People died” chant flourished for years as the Left demonized George W. Bush for invading Iraq and finding “no” weapons of mass destruction. Except that our troops did discover vast numbers of chemical WMDs, but the administration kept the discovery -- and the injuries to our troops that handled them -- secret.

... So what genius decided to keep these WMD stockpiles secret? Eli Lake of The Daily Beast reports:

Starting in 2004, some members of the George W. Bush administration and Republican lawmakers began to find evidence of discarded chemical weapons in Iraq. But when the information was brought up with the White House, senior adviser Karl Rove told them to “let these sleeping dogs lie.”

Rove insisted that Bush not respond to his fierce critics during his presidency, allowing their slurs to become received wisdom, not just on WMDs but in general. (snip)

Dave Wurmser—who served at the time as a senior adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney on national-security issues—remembers receiving a similar message from Rove.

According to Wurmser, “in 2005-6, Karl Rove and his team blocked public disclosure of these (findings) and said ‘Let these sleeping dogs lie; we have lost that fight so better not to remind anyone of it.’”

Rove declined to comment for this story.

At least part of the Bush administration’s case against Saddam Hussein was based on the fact that he never properly accounted for the chemical-weapons stockpile he had built up in the 1980s. As Santorum himself said during his 2006 press conference, the Pentagon’s report at the time “proves that weapons of mass destruction are, in fact, in Iraq.”

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/10/report_rove_kept_discovery_of_iraqs_wmd_secret.html
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
Re: "Bush lied, people died", but he didn't lie
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:58:14 PM »
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
If anyone is inclined to believe that both parties are working in concert to bring about the end of the republic while providing the illusion of political opposition and electoral choice, Karl Rove can be viewed as Exhibit A.

That piece of sh*t doesnt deserve to breathe American air.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:43 PM »
And all of this led directly to Obama.  I remember back in 2006 and 2007 talking with my Dad, and the popular narrative was already so virulently anti-Republican that we knew the Democrats would seize the opportunity to nominate an ideological true believer leftist, because it was virtually guaranteed that the Democrat -- any Democrat -- was going to win in 2008.

So Rove is responsible for the Republican "brand" becoming toxic during the Bush years, leading directly to the Pelosi/Reid Congress and then the Obama White House (and all that they've foisted on the country since then). He wasn't done yet, though, because he would later find it necessary to personally drop a deuce on Christine O'Donnell and other populist upstarts in the GOP.

"The Architect" my ass.  He's the architect of destruction and nothing else.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 06:50:39 PM »
"The Architect" my ass.  He's the architect of destruction and nothing else.

Ugh. And that reminds me of how I loathe the way Sean Hannity kisses that fat bastard's ass.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 07:34:05 AM »
I am not surprised one iota that the asshat behind this cover up is none other than The Butthead!

He should be banished from the Earth!

Everyone with a brain knew there were WMDs in Iraq, Saddam didn't snuff the Kurds with common household crap found under the average American's sink!  Anybody thinking otherwise is a liar, a fool or both!  Reports coming from troops deployed indicated evidence, old labs, spent shells with traces of chemical weapons...and it puts a new spin on Gulf War Fever, doesn't it?  We discussed in our forums of old about all of this ad naseum, and part of the conservative problem has been letting the Left define the debate...they raised the hurdle so high (proof of live, functioning weapons labs and arms) that unless the top level people in government released this information it would never see the light of day except in rumor.  We discussed the Syrian angle back in 2012 and there is no doubt in my mind some of the stockpiles were transferred that direction. 

And Santorum is dead wrong, I am so disappointed in him, after all this time we finally find out for certain he is nothing but a Team E-GOP guy.  The depths of this betrayal cannot be minimized!  It is a gross disservice to the people who fought, died, bled and were maimed over there to deny this reason for going to war in fact existed and the Left was caught flat dead wrong and proven to be the liars we know them to be!  It is a gross disservice to the American people to lie to them and tell them their sons, daughters, husbands and wives fought, died, bled and were maimed for nothing but oil and some nebulous desire to see if democracy can flourish in a soil so toxic.  It is a betrayal of people in a political party that includes some people for whom the truth and doing right matters a damn.  How different could 2008 and 2012 be had we not allowed The Butthead to control this information?  And I do not mean to imply Bush is not at fault either, he was the President and he erred badly in trusting that demonic prick!  And perhaps most disappointing of all is Cheney, who I thought if anybody got it he we get it...and he sat on his ass.

If there is any further proof anybody needs to see that the GOP must die and die quickly then those people are the most misguided brainless idiots on the planet and everybody else should shun any association with them at all!

This is absolute, complete, orchestrated intentional betrayal, PERIOD!

PS - And the Obama Regime continues to run the Bush/Rove lie...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-06-19/did-saddam-have-wmds-after-all-isis-overruns-iraq-chemical-weapons-mega-facility
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:45:23 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 12:31:08 PM »
And Santorum is dead wrong ....

About what?  It looks like he, and Hoekstra, were trying their damndest to get the word out.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 02:37:35 PM »
And Santorum is dead wrong ....

About what?  It looks like he, and Hoekstra, were trying their damndest to get the word out.

That crap at the end of the second link IIRC -

At the end of the day, Santorum said he would not call the White House behavior at the time a coverup, as was implied in The New York Times story. “I don’t know if I would use the term coverup,” he said. “I would just say they simply didn’t want to discuss it.”

IT'S A COVER UP!!!   ::pullhair::

Not screaming at you my dear, I am screaming at the universe in general!!!

Should have pushed harder, made enemies come out and defend their BS, but once again, when the E-GOP lay down the line in the sand, everybody behaves...

Strange how it never works the other way...let alone with Libiots, eh?!

FUBAR!!!  Can't stand this useless fricken party any more.

PS-You hear the dingbat that called into Rush today beating him up for not being a cheer-whore for the GOP?  My God, I would have verbally tore her to shreds (since I could not do it physically)!!!

People are stupid, and stupid has consequences and God and nature hath ordained that those consequences will hurt like a dickens and I just want to carry on God's work like a good little soldier...

::evilbat::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »
At the end of the day, Santorum said he would not call the White House behavior at the time a coverup, as was implied in The New York Times story. “I don’t know if I would use the term coverup,” he said. “I would just say they simply didn’t want to discuss it.”

IT'S A COVER UP!!!   ::pullhair::   

Oh.  That.

Not screaming at you my dear, I am screaming at the universe in general!!!

I know, darlin'.

Should have pushed harder, made enemies come out and defend their BS, but once again, when the E-GOP lay down the line in the sand, everybody behaves...

Libertas, I honestly believe Santorum pushed as hard as he was able.  In the interview he did recently with Levin, he credits his pushing as sinking his campaign ..... and he definitely made an enemy of Rove.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »

Libertas, I honestly believe Santorum pushed as hard as he was able.  In the interview he did recently with Levin, he credits his pushing as sinking his campaign ..... and he definitely made an enemy of Rove.

Maybe.  Maybe I am a cantakerous unyielding SOB...well OK no maybe about that latter part...but if Rove is still above ground and I am not then I failed, but that's just me...

But what continues to burn my buns is outside of a few souls (Bless Levin!, and Rush has talked about this too) the "water under the bridge" mentality is still winning, Dem's pay no price, E-GOP (Well, for now! Wait till Obama is gone and their crutch is kicked out from under these cripples!) pay no price...

Chumps.  Cowards.  I hate their guts.

OK, rant over.

Offline Magnum

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
This was some years ago............ I heard someone from the Bush administration (I am sorry I forgot who it was) which I believe laid out the best case I ever heard for the war. I will try to make this short but he said along with the WMD that were found there was also evidence linking Saddam and others within his regime with those who planed the murderous terror attacks on the World Trade Center. There was a clear link that went right through Iraq. He also laid out how by a devastating and overwhelming show of force in Iraq it would give others form the religion of peace pause to ever attempt a attack on the U.S. again.

Maybe the #$%#@*%(^& butthead explains why the Bush administration never stood up for themselves during this time which frustrated me greatly.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:30:51 PM by Magnum »
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your GOD will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »
PS-You hear the dingbat that called into Rush today beating him up for not being a cheer-whore for the GOP?  My God, I would have verbally tore her to shreds (since I could not do it physically)!!!

People are stupid, and stupid has consequences and God and nature hath ordained that those consequences will hurt like a dickens and I just want to carry on God's work like a good little soldier...

I will hear it later when I play the podcast of today's show, and will think back to your warning.  I know the type so well, and can predict most of what she probably said.  There comes a point when it is necessary to sh*t or get off the pot, yet these E-GOP cheerleaders seem to think it's possible (or even preferable) to continue playing the current game of making no pitch to voters other than "we're not Democrats."

People are motivated either by positive or negative reinforcement.  We have given the GOP plenty of positive reinforcement, in the form of wave elections like in 2010.  They may get another wave this year, in spite of themselves.  But what do they do with any of those victories?  They engage in this Rovian too clever by half gamesmanship. By failing to promote an ideology, they squander political victories when they do occur, because those victories can never be interpreted as anything other than reactionary votes that say more about the other guy than it does them.

So if positive reinforcement won't work, what other choice is there but negative reinforcement?  Yes, it definitely means the immediate beneficiaries are the Democrats.  That may be a worthwhile price if it can finally break the back of the E-GOP.  We're simply not going to be able to take the fight to the enemy using the GOP as our vehicle.  Once you reach that realization, all the debate about "lesser of two evils" ceases to have any sway over you.  I want to take the fight to the enemy.  If it could be done with the GOP then that would have been better simply out of expediency, but if it has to be done with an entirely new organization that requires more time to build then so be it. You either take the fight to the enemy or you don't. All decisions should be subordinate to that one. That's why I can dismiss the GOP without qualms, because I know they're never going to take the fight to the enemy.

You know, imagine if conservatives had washed their hands of the GOP 20 years ago.  Or 10 years ago.  Or 2 years ago.  We'd be that much closer to the point of elevating this hypothetical new organization to prime time.  It kind of reminds me of when Democrats object to building new oil refineries. "Oh they wouldn't have any impact on energy costs for 20 or 30 years!"  Yeah, well so what?  What if we'd done it 20 or 30 years ago?

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 06:57:20 AM »

I will hear it later when I play the podcast of today's show, and will think back to your warning.  I know the type so well, and can predict most of what she probably said.  There comes a point when it is necessary to sh*t or get off the pot, yet these E-GOP cheerleaders seem to think it's possible (or even preferable) to continue playing the current game of making no pitch to voters other than "we're not Democrats."

People are motivated either by positive or negative reinforcement.  We have given the GOP plenty of positive reinforcement, in the form of wave elections like in 2010.  They may get another wave this year, in spite of themselves.  But what do they do with any of those victories?  They engage in this Rovian too clever by half gamesmanship. By failing to promote an ideology, they squander political victories when they do occur, because those victories can never be interpreted as anything other than reactionary votes that say more about the other guy than it does them.

So if positive reinforcement won't work, what other choice is there but negative reinforcement?  Yes, it definitely means the immediate beneficiaries are the Democrats.  That may be a worthwhile price if it can finally break the back of the E-GOP.  We're simply not going to be able to take the fight to the enemy using the GOP as our vehicle.  Once you reach that realization, all the debate about "lesser of two evils" ceases to have any sway over you.  I want to take the fight to the enemy.  If it could be done with the GOP then that would have been better simply out of expediency, but if it has to be done with an entirely new organization that requires more time to build then so be it. You either take the fight to the enemy or you don't. All decisions should be subordinate to that one. That's why I can dismiss the GOP without qualms, because I know they're never going to take the fight to the enemy.

You know, imagine if conservatives had washed their hands of the GOP 20 years ago.  Or 10 years ago.  Or 2 years ago.  We'd be that much closer to the point of elevating this hypothetical new organization to prime time.  It kind of reminds me of when Democrats object to building new oil refineries. "Oh they wouldn't have any impact on energy costs for 20 or 30 years!"  Yeah, well so what?  What if we'd done it 20 or 30 years ago?

Yeah there were two jackwagons, the first was a guy chastising Rush for not doing more and he was an idiot and there was the lady (the dingbat) who basically said the GOP is all we got and if you don't cheer them on there is nothing (basically admitting she is the perfect GOPer for Rovian manipulation). 

To me the last straw on the timing issue for the GOP to wake up was the rise of the Tea Party.  At first they tried to act like they were accommodating them and treat them like equal partners.  Then, The Butthead and his minions began actively sabotaging Tea Party candidates and propping up their useless E-GOP stooges...and there is only one reason for this - control.  They knew they would not be able to control elected Tea Party candidates, the agenda would be less E-GOP and by extension more confrontational with the DemoProgs (can I have a "Thank You, Jesus!"?) and that they saw as a deathknell to their leadership.  There are also some very descriptive and accurate words to describe these actions - betrayal, treason and cowardice come to the top of my mind.  Once they chose their power over us, once they chose risking more losses to the Dem's just to defeat us so they can retain leadership...once that happened they died to me.  Then they started doing the DemoProg thing, avoiding the Townhall meetings that were setting their arses on fire, avoiding the Tea Party alltogether, and only going to staged events and tightly scripted press conferences.  They are duplicitous, deceitful, untrustworthy, gutless and stupid...just about everything I despise in anybody!

They need to go away, at any cost, now.  As you also acknowledge, we as a free-thinking liberty-loving people will NEVER be able to even have a chance of beating the Libiots until we purge the deadwood from our midst.  There simply is no other choice, the Rubicon has been crossed and we did not cross it, the E-GOP threw ropes around our necks and dragged us across the river in order to kill us, we just barely escaped and now we have to rise and slay them.  We are not their slaves.

The timing IMO indicates the PONR might have already been breached anyway, so the right thing to do IMO is even more important now.  They GOP might win some more seats this time around, and they'll be thrilled to retain power and maybe a slim majority in the Senate, but it will be an anti-Obama/anti-Dem sentiment, and once the euphoria and anger settle, the same crap will go on and a year from now we'll hear the same debates all over again and the rudderless Pubbies will get swept aside again because people forget, because people are stupid and because the Pubbies cannot help themselves and will never learn, never evolve, never find principles and a backbone and the long slow death march will go on...

Screw this, supporting this stupidity is insane! 

In a perfect world the Dem's & Pubbies would destroy each other and sane people would step in...but that will not happen, the Dem's will always want a few Pubbies around, just to hang the blame on somebody.  If the GOP is gone so is the Dem foil, they'd finally be left fully exposed.  Maybe then the people will be so tired of their nannystate overreach that they'll take anything over those assclowns.

If we make it that far...

But the right choice to make is to break away, anything else is futile, any other choice is merely an unvoiced admission you have given into fear.

This whole fear dynamic is broken, it is they who should be fearing us, not we who should be fearing them.

Time for real change.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
 ::clapping::

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 11:34:05 AM »
More on this story...

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/11/democrats-lied-soldiers-died-more-than-600-us-soldiers-reported-chemical-weapons-exposure-in-iraq/

...how can 600 be contaminated by WMDs the Democrats said didn't exist?  I guess all these people are liars and the poor Democrats are once more being unfairly held to a standard they cannot possibly be expected to be able to achieve!