Author Topic: More signs Pope Francis is a leftist jackass  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
More signs Pope Francis is a leftist jackass
« on: November 10, 2014, 07:27:47 AM »
In a move that reflects the loosening posture of the Vatican on major social issues, conservative U.S. cardinal Raymond Burke was removed by Pope Francis from yet another top post.

Burke, who has long been vocal about denying communion to Catholic politicians who support abortion, was dismissed as head of the Holy See’s highest court and given the post of Patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, a largely ceremonial job overseeing charity to the elderly.

http://weaselzippers.us/204935-pope-francis-again-demotes-conservative-cardinal/

Yeah, this Church is toast.  They can join the Episcopals and the rest of the apostate churches and enjoy Hell's flames tickling their butts!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: More signs Pope Francis is a leftist jackass
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:43:58 PM »
No, it isn't.  The Church is not the leaders, nor the organization itself.  The Church is the Lord and his children.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
 ::hat-tip::  I am speaking institutionally, of course.  Not everybody follows an idiot over a cliff...

The punishment for the sins of leaders who lead flocks astray can't be good, eh?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 01:37:04 PM »
::hat-tip::  I am speaking institutionally, of course.  Not everybody follows an idiot over a cliff...

The punishment for the sins of leaders who lead flocks astray can't be good, eh?

God is Justice, right?  Not "social" justice or economic "justice", but real Justice.  That both worries and comforts me.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »

God is Justice, right?  Not "social" justice or economic "justice", but real Justice.  That both worries and comforts me.

Aye.  We all hate to be judged by an absolute judge, who could withstand such scruitiny?  Certainly not many of us...but I believe in gradients of guilt and corresponding punishments (and the opposite as well, to be fair)...maybe I am full of it, maybe not, but it is what I believe and hopefully the good side of the ledger outweighs the bad...

Offline benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »

Aye.  We all hate to be judged by an absolute judge, who could withstand such scruitiny?  Certainly not many of us...but I believe in gradients of guilt and corresponding punishments (and the opposite as well, to be fair)...maybe I am full of it, maybe not, but it is what I believe and hopefully the good side of the ledger outweighs the bad...

Only the Lord can judge me and His word will either exalt me or damn me.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »
People say this would be the last Pope and I'm beginning to believe them. The institution has long been on the dark path since the second world war with John Paul II only a short reversal but even he refused to call out the followers of the devil on to the carpet. To worried about communism and it's defeat to chase the Mohammedans back to their cave.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 06:24:21 AM »
People say this would be the last Pope and I'm beginning to believe them. The institution has long been on the dark path since the second world war with John Paul II only a short reversal but even he refused to call out the followers of the devil on to the carpet. To worried about communism and it's defeat to chase the Mohammedans back to their cave.

One battle at a time, and Communism had always been the evil closest to him, so it was personal.  If he had been made Pope as a younger man, who knows what other dragons he could have helped slay?  And here we are...