Author Topic: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap  (Read 1733 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd charged with attempting to have 2 men killed

He was also charged with threatening to kill, possession of methamphetamine and possession of cannabis, Perks said.

Remember the good old days, when you were booted from the band for just being a drunk? 

::facepalm::

AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Hard to believe but there will only be one person left from this band, once Phil goes to the slammer.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 10:02:03 AM »
Hard to believe but there will only be one person left from this band, once Phil goes to the slammer.

Coincidentally, the only one who was never replaceable. At this late stage Johnson couldn't credibly be replaced either, but Angus has been the band's identity all along. One of the few huge bands where the singer is overshadowed by another member.

I can't think of another rock band with anything approaching that level of success where someone besides the singer is so identified as the focal point of the band's identity.

Sorry, tangent.  ::unknowncomic::

It sure seems like Rudd got himself mixed up with drugs - probably meth. Such an odd story.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 11:20:40 AM »
I liked the original group, they rocked.

Their latest album, "Rock or Bust," is scheduled for release December 2.

Jail might help record sales...maybe not tour dates.   ::rimshot::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »
The weird thing is, he did have kind of an inspiring story, overcoming his demons.  A drunk that spiraled out of control, was fired from the band.  He went to New Zealand, sobered up, became a business man.  Years later, he bumped into the boys again, and it clicked again. 

AC/DC is already moving on.  They filmed the new videos with a new drummer.

A bizarre story.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:14:56 PM »
The main charge has already been dropped, as there isn't any evidence to suggest Rudd was serious about hiring a hit man, and was just mad, blowing off steam. 

But he's still facing drug charges and will probably still star in a faces of meth commercial.

to

in a fairly short amount of time.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 01:57:42 PM »
Whoa!

Somebody couldn't say "No"!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.