Author Topic: NICS Checks update  (Read 48869 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
NICS Checks update
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »
Current Stats

This might be the first year since Obama was elected where the TOTAL NICs checks will be less than the previous year - but not by much.  It will still be pretty close to 20 Million. Just not 21 million.

105,502,494 NICS checks since Obama was elected.   Yeah in the last 6 years,  1/3 of the country has either sought to buy at least one gun or a Concealed Carry.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: NICS Checks update
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »
Yep. Any decrease in NICS stats now is simply because everyone even remotely inclined to wanting a gun has already bought one.  Or several.  The AR-15 in particular has been made in the tens of millions.  It's the most popular firearm in America.

I was always more of an AK guy, but I have recently embraced the AR.  I barely had my new Colt for 2 days before I was already ordering parts to do a home build.  They're rather addictive.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 11:55:43 AM »
It's still going to be the second highest year on record, but I'll bet some people (foolishly feeling a) false sense of security (or less fearful sense of insecurity) now that Pubbies won the Senate, will result in 2015 probably reverting to 2006 levels.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
It's still going to be the second highest year on record, but I'll bet some people (foolishly feeling a) false sense of security (or less fearful sense of insecurity) now that Pubbies won the Senate, will result in 2015 probably reverting to 2006 levels.

I doubt it. We are going to see no significant changes.. there are still states where unconstitutional gun laws are being passed, and the economics aren't changing. There are  going to be more Fergusons -- and some subset of the population is aware of that.  It may fall, but probably not back to a 2006 level.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »

I doubt it. We are going to see no significant changes.. there are still states where unconstitutional gun laws are being passed, and the economics aren't changing. There are  going to be more Fergusons -- and some subset of the population is aware of that.  It may fall, but probably not back to a 2006 level.

Think so?  I see it in the 10-12m/year range, nothing to sneeze at but not the hysteria of the Obola Era.  When did you become an optimist?
 ;D   ::pokeineye::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 08:04:38 PM »
I think it may level out a bit,  but hopefully it will never go back down.   Slowly people are waking up.   

And for folks like me,  I still have to get something yet.    When I was still working,  I didn't get my Indiana concealed carry,  due to my closeness to the border of the people's republic of Illinois.   I didn't want to risk forgetting I was carrying and cross into Illinois by mistake.    And frankly,  the neighborhoods on the Illinois side are the reason why I would want to carry to begin with.  The south side of Chicago is far more dangerous then even Gary. 

Since Illinois has been forced to allow concealed now,  its finally legal to carry.   However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.   Someone I know is now suing Illinois over that.  He is a firearms instructor who has to teach his Illinois students,,,, in Indiana.......... So they are still blocking most out of state people yet. 

So I will probably get something after I get working again and Illinois is forced to allow more out of state permits.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.

I haven't researched it, but I was under the impression IL doesn't recognize ANY other state's permit.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.

I haven't researched it, but I was under the impression IL doesn't recognize ANY other state's permit.

True.  If driving through, one must leave their gun in their vehicle if they stop for any reason.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
Best to boycott such idiotic areas until they wish to join with sane people, if they never do fine with me, I never have to go there.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »

Offline fordguy_85

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:48 PM »
Looks like 1.8 million for November... I say we break 20 mil for the year.
Eric Morgan
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" - Thomas Jefferson

"Opinions and instructions do not outmatch the Constitution. Against it, they are void." - Calvin Coolidge

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 07:03:51 AM »
Needing only 1,341,137 for December to hit 20M on the nose, yeah, looks to be certain, but it won't break last years 21.1M.

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 07:54:58 AM »
December hit 2.3 Million NICS checks.  ::thumbsup::   ::danceban::

It looks like 23.2 million for a new record!!   ::cool::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
December hit 2.3 Million NICS checks.  ::thumbsup::   ::danceban::

It looks like 23.2 million for a new record!!   ::cool::

::saywhat::

I only see 20,968,547 for the year...2013 is still the highest year and the 2,783,765 in December 2013 being the highest month ever.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

Did you find those missing 7 ObamaStates?   ;D

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 12:35:18 PM »
Yah, could be. Here is where I got this news. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/07/fbi-december-gun-sales-skyrocket-2-3-million-background-checks-conducted/

The FBI’s December figures show 2.3 million background checks for gun purchasers were conducted in one month alone.

That is an increase of nearly 300,000 from the number of background checks conducted in December 2013.

Breitbart News previously reported that on Black Friday alone there were nearly three background checks conducted every second. A strong December was expected.

CNN Money reports that the 2.3 million background checks for December were considerably higher than the number of background checks for other months in 2014. For example, there were 1.4 million conducted in July and 1.5 million conducted in August. This was topped by 1.6 million in October and 1.8 million in November.

Oops, I added Dec to 2013. ::speechless::
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:38:23 PM by Septugenarian »

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »
I contributed to the July, November and December numbers.  Wish I still had the things I bought, damn boating accidents!!
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:08 PM »
Yah, could be. Here is where I got this news. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/07/fbi-december-gun-sales-skyrocket-2-3-million-background-checks-conducted/

The FBI’s December figures show 2.3 million background checks for gun purchasers were conducted in one month alone.

That is an increase of nearly 300,000 from the number of background checks conducted in December 2013.

Breitbart News previously reported that on Black Friday alone there were nearly three background checks conducted every second. A strong December was expected.

CNN Money reports that the 2.3 million background checks for December were considerably higher than the number of background checks for other months in 2014. For example, there were 1.4 million conducted in July and 1.5 million conducted in August. This was topped by 1.6 million in October and 1.8 million in November.

Oops, I added Dec to 2013. ::speechless::

sh*t Obama happens.   ;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
I contributed to the July, November and December numbers.  Wish I still had the things I bought, damn boating accidents!!

You too?!

And that is hard on frozen lakes, lemme tell ya!   :o

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2015, 01:45:04 PM »
That came in a LOT higher than I thought it would. I thought we would just barely make 20 Million.  But that is very nearly 21 Million and on par with last year.
So you can say its leveling off.. but its stil really, really high and not really declining.