Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

NICS Checks update

(1/34) > >>

Weisshaupt:
Current Stats

This might be the first year since Obama was elected where the TOTAL NICs checks will be less than the previous year - but not by much.  It will still be pretty close to 20 Million. Just not 21 million.

105,502,494 NICS checks since Obama was elected.   Yeah in the last 6 years,  1/3 of the country has either sought to buy at least one gun or a Concealed Carry.

Glock32:
Yep. Any decrease in NICS stats now is simply because everyone even remotely inclined to wanting a gun has already bought one.  Or several.  The AR-15 in particular has been made in the tens of millions.  It's the most popular firearm in America.

I was always more of an AK guy, but I have recently embraced the AR.  I barely had my new Colt for 2 days before I was already ordering parts to do a home build.  They're rather addictive.

Libertas:
It's still going to be the second highest year on record, but I'll bet some people (foolishly feeling a) false sense of security (or less fearful sense of insecurity) now that Pubbies won the Senate, will result in 2015 probably reverting to 2006 levels.

Weisshaupt:

--- Quote from: Libertas on November 07, 2014, 11:55:43 AM ---It's still going to be the second highest year on record, but I'll bet some people (foolishly feeling a) false sense of security (or less fearful sense of insecurity) now that Pubbies won the Senate, will result in 2015 probably reverting to 2006 levels.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it. We are going to see no significant changes.. there are still states where unconstitutional gun laws are being passed, and the economics aren't changing. There are  going to be more Fergusons -- and some subset of the population is aware of that.  It may fall, but probably not back to a 2006 level.

Libertas:

--- Quote from: Weisshaupt on November 07, 2014, 12:20:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Libertas on November 07, 2014, 11:55:43 AM ---It's still going to be the second highest year on record, but I'll bet some people (foolishly feeling a) false sense of security (or less fearful sense of insecurity) now that Pubbies won the Senate, will result in 2015 probably reverting to 2006 levels.

--- End quote ---

I doubt it. We are going to see no significant changes.. there are still states where unconstitutional gun laws are being passed, and the economics aren't changing. There are  going to be more Fergusons -- and some subset of the population is aware of that.  It may fall, but probably not back to a 2006 level.

--- End quote ---

Think so?  I see it in the 10-12m/year range, nothing to sneeze at but not the hysteria of the Obola Era.  When did you become an optimist?
 ;D   ::pokeineye::

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version