Topics > 2nd Amendment/Firearms

NICS Checks update

<< < (2/34) > >>

richb:
I think it may level out a bit,  but hopefully it will never go back down.   Slowly people are waking up.   

And for folks like me,  I still have to get something yet.    When I was still working,  I didn't get my Indiana concealed carry,  due to my closeness to the border of the people's republic of Illinois.   I didn't want to risk forgetting I was carrying and cross into Illinois by mistake.    And frankly,  the neighborhoods on the Illinois side are the reason why I would want to carry to begin with.  The south side of Chicago is far more dangerous then even Gary. 

Since Illinois has been forced to allow concealed now,  its finally legal to carry.   However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.   Someone I know is now suing Illinois over that.  He is a firearms instructor who has to teach his Illinois students,,,, in Indiana.......... So they are still blocking most out of state people yet. 

So I will probably get something after I get working again and Illinois is forced to allow more out of state permits.

AlanS:

--- Quote from: richb on November 08, 2014, 08:04:38 PM ---However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.

--- End quote ---

I haven't researched it, but I was under the impression IL doesn't recognize ANY other state's permit.

Septugenarian:

--- Quote from: AlanS on November 09, 2014, 09:05:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: richb on November 08, 2014, 08:04:38 PM ---However Illinois doesn't recognize Indiana's carry permits.

--- End quote ---

I haven't researched it, but I was under the impression IL doesn't recognize ANY other state's permit.

--- End quote ---

True.  If driving through, one must leave their gun in their vehicle if they stop for any reason.

Libertas:
Best to boycott such idiotic areas until they wish to join with sane people, if they never do fine with me, I never have to go there.

Glock32:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version