Author Topic: NICS Checks update  (Read 48904 times)

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: NICS Checks update
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »
Don't forget that every time anyone in Washington wants to hand their shootin iron to a non-family member (even for a minute) we generate another NICS...

::cussing::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 12:39:23 PM »
So NICS checks in January proceeded at a brisk pace -1,772,794 - the second highest on record  for January. (highest was 2,495,440 in Jan 2013)  and Washington State accounted for 38,018 of those if you want to suspect the inane new laws there as contributing.

Meanwhile the FBI redesigned its site a bit and there is a new report ( or one I just hadn't seen before)  showing the effectiveness of the NICS system

There have been 1,173,964 denials  - since 1998 - our of 204,309,316 checks, or about 0.6%
So apparently there aren't all that many criminals dumb enough to try and buy a gun legally.  IN fact only 786415 of these were denied because they were convicted criminals or fugitives. A further  113,479  were because of a MISDEMEANOR Domestic Violence conviction. Another 100,000 for Drug Possession - 50,000 for a Protection or Restraining order ( which requires no proof or day in court)

So Yeah. Go TEAM NICS.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 03:59:00 PM »
Sort of shows how unnecessary such a list of gun owners is.   This list is not in the best interest of the citizens of the US,  and frankly shouldn't be allowed.  Fails the constitutional test too (not that government types give a s**t about that anymore). 

If anything the only list that should exist is those who cannot own,  due to some types of convictions, mental illnesses  etc.   And many convictions should not preclude gun ownership either,  so even that list is too big.  Wouldn't need a waiting period either,  your not on the list,  here is your purchase.   

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
Sort of shows how unnecessary such a list of gun owners is.   This list is not in the best interest of the citizens of the US,  and frankly shouldn't be allowed.  Fails the constitutional test too (not that government types give a s**t about that anymore). 

If anything the only list that should exist is those who cannot own,  due to some types of convictions, mental illnesses  etc.   And many convictions should not preclude gun ownership either,  so even that list is too big.  Wouldn't need a waiting period either,  your not on the list,  here is your purchase.

In theory all approved requests are deleted within 24 hours, and in theory they are only checking those requests against a list like you describe.
But I think, given the NSA spying and other programs, and what happened in Canada,  it is naive to think the government isn't retaining the information for every single request made.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »

In theory all approved requests are deleted within 24 hours, and in theory they are only checking those requests against a list like you describe.
But I think, given the NSA spying and other programs, and what happened in Canada,  it is naive to think the government isn't retaining the information for every single request made.

You bet your life they're keeping it all safe from the public that would only use the info to harm themselves.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 07:16:27 AM »
Why is Pan's tagline rattling around my head...and why am I smiling?

I hope that makes them nervous too!   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2015, 10:28:21 AM »
Another interesting trend in that graph is that not only have the absolute numbers gone up dramatically, but look at the proportion of handguns to rifles and shotguns.  That's the CCW trend right there.  Go back 10-15 years and more rifles are made than handguns.  But after the early '00s, handguns took over as the leading type of firearm.

I love it.  All of these firearms in the hands of private citizens nationwide.  There's no putting that genie back in the bottle for the grabbers. Every draconian proposal just increases the sales further, and even if they did get their way with new gun control, look at how many are already out there. They've lost this battle in the Culture War, and it's one of the few areas that give me a little flame of optimism.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »
Yup.  I love it too.

It is probably the one graphic that will (and should!) scare the statists silly.

::whoohoo::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:56 AM »
Still going strong
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

+112439 over last year in Jan
-227279 down from last year in Feb
-476354 down  from last year in March
-30919 down in April
95721 up in May

So we are down by 1/2 million or so  for the same period last year- but still on track to break 20 Million checks for the third year in a row.
But nothing is going on and  you are isolated crazy if you think there are any problems worth worrying about.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:52 AM »
Oh and also, AP polls say firearm ownership is declining.

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 02:06:07 PM »

Well, the number of people willing to openly admit they have firearms without  fear of being put on some list is declining..

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 02:35:59 PM »

Well, the number of people willing to openly admit they have firearms without  fear of being put on some list is declining..

For sure.  I just love how they churn out these polls in an effort to influence public opinion.  They're so detached from reality.  So let's see, record levels of NICS checks for several years in a row, but oh, gun ownership is declining!  Even as other polls show public support for gun ownership at highest levels ever.  Even as other stats show women the most enthusiastic new demographic among gun owners.

But yeah, gun ownership is declining says the AP.  Uh-huh.

- Yours Truly

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 03:52:30 PM »
Frankly any "poll" by a lamestream media group is suspect. 

Just check the wording of the poll and you can make any claim you want.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 11:10:14 PM »
The AP like any MFMer are suspect from the start.

PS-Love the new avatar G! 

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 07:44:31 AM »
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

Another million and a half in June...business remains steady...

Looks to be on pace for about the same level as last year, which was just a slight dip from the high of 2013.

I have a feeling 2016 could surpass 2013...if the second half of this year trends higher I'd say it is almost a certainty...

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 06:27:32 PM »
If we simply get the same Year over Year  numbers till December there will be 20,985,067 NICS checks this year... making it the third year in a row for over 20 million and almost exceeding the top of 21 million set in 2013

And since May the year over year totals have been up by 200,000 or so every month.. ( gee I wonder if the Ferals had anything to do with it?)  and I suspect with the recent stock market crash, and growing unrest in the Middle East, and the continually worsening border situation and obvious persecution of Christians in the United States, I am betting you are going to see a new record, something closer to 21.5 Million.  I guess its good more people are waking up - I just hope its not any libtards.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 08:41:30 AM »
September Sees Record Gun Sales

Some see Democrats’ calls for executive action to restrict guns as cause

The Federal Bureau of Investigation processed a record number of background checks in the month of September, indicating that gun sales were at an all time high for the month.

The FBI’s National Instant Background Check System processed 1,795,102 applications to buy a firearm in September. That represents a new record: 335,739 more checks than the previous September high set in 2012, or a 23 percent increase.

The number of checks done in a particular month is considered a reliable gauge of how many gun sales have occurred since background checks are required on all sales made through licensed firearms dealers. The actual number of sales is likely higher since multiple firearms can be sold to the same person by a dealer under a single background check. The numbers also do not account for sales between private parties that do not require a background check.

September is the fifth month in a row to set a record for background checks. May, June, July, and August all produced record numbers. The summer of 2015 has seen the most gun sales on record.

The summer has also seen an increase in calls from some Democratic presidential candidates, including frontrunner Hillary Clinton, for new gun control laws. Clinton has said she would use executive orders to implement certain forms of gun control.

The Second Amendment Foundation said Democratic efforts to impose new gun control measures were fueling the sales increases. “We are seeing new record highs in gun sales due to the increased anti-gun rhetoric from Democratic candidates like Hillary Clinton,” said Alan Gottlieb, the group’s founder. “Their push for new restrictions on gun ownership is fueling gun sales.”

“If they really want less guns in private hands they should consider what happens every time they open their mouths.”

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 10:17:01 AM »
September Sees Record Gun Sales

Well, the Left is never too interested in the actual consequences of their actions-- they got what they wanted as soon as they said they wanted to ban guns... thus sending the moral signal that they are better and superior. They got their ego stroke, so they don't really care if that ego stroke resulted in more of the problem than existed before. Its probably actually a bonus, because the longer they have a problem to feel superior about the more ego strokes they can get off of it.

Meanwhile I am betting on 21.5 -22 Million checks for the year, setting a new record.

Perhaps TPTB   really aren't considering a house to house confiscation anytime soon - and really have no plans at all to actually initiate a police state- just enrich themselves as much as possible before the collapse and then disappear. .  Or it could simply be that they plan on using chemical /biological WMDs to wipe us out so they really don't care  if we are well armed or not. (They have the cure, come to the concentration camp to be processed or die where you are. We don't care..) Or maybe they know the Grey Aliens are coming to exterminate  us in their war against the Reptilians (or vice versa) and want us as well armed as possible without causing a panic. ( Maybe I should visit beforeitsnews less often...?)  They certainly  don't seem to care or are powerless to stop the massive armament and stockpiling of munitions that continues to this day.  Why else would he mention doing bans similar to the UK and Australia when they are obviously unconstitutional ( and even if they weren't would be considered so  by a troublesome percentage of the population)  - Maybe Obama and other prominent Dems are just getting rich off of Gun and Ammo stocks? Do they run Gun shop side businesses? I can't imagine they are oblivious to the bumps they give the numbers each time.  They don't care for one reason or another, and I don't think its because they are so stupid as to think that if they did get their laws they would get obedience. Its probably moe of Obama's punk attitude and policy of gaslighting than anything else I suspect.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 11:56:58 AM »
I think this last round of hysterical anti-gun rhetoric is going to make October strong and we haven't even got to the SCoaMF's exploitation in Oregon yet (he is expected to invade those poor people's space tomorrow) so October should be strong, November probably be pretty good and December is always a popular time and with Congress in recess that would be the perfect time for the Tyrant to issue decrees and make sure holiday sales come in strong.  A record year is virtually guaranteed.

Heck, I might even have to get in some more action!  What the heck...can never have enough!   ::whoohoo::