Author Topic: NICS Checks update  (Read 48915 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: NICS Checks update
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
And let us also remind them, they're the ones who blew up the Federalist system we were supposed to have.  They're the ones who insisted on transferring power from the states to Washington, DC.  They're the ones who insisted on a top down one size fits all policy for 50 states spanning an entire continent and half an ocean.

I probably wouldn't have as much seething enmity for Blue State lefties if they would have confined their lunacy to New England. But no, they insisted on weaponizing the Federal government against people with incorrect ideas and lifestyles -- because they're totalitarians at heart and it's simply their nature.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 12:55:30 PM »
Referencing the NICS check thread title:  Gunsmith switched his FFL licensing to a lesser classification because of the increase to $2K+ "fee" (tax) for permission to "manufacture" (sometimes a small metal part is easier to make than purchase) -- and this is a result of the US government signing on to a UN mandate.

Anyway, because of the license change, he was required to send all the paperwork required by the ATF for each client -- weapon serial number, name, address, driver's license number; the book of 4473 forms -- to the ATF.

If they're not keeping records, as they say, why do they want this information, what are they doing with it, and why not just leave it in the hands of the FFL holder?  Rhetorical.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »
And October.
https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf

2,333,539.  Up from 1,976,759 last year.  Total for the year, 22,206,233  just under a million less than the total for all of last year and two months left to go. If Nov and December simply match last year we will be at 27.7 million . I am betting that the real number is approaching 29 Million.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »
I'd say also a good indication on voting....Can't imagine too many are Hillary supporters.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:48 PM »
Referencing the NICS check thread title:  Gunsmith switched his FFL licensing to a lesser classification because of the increase to $2K+ "fee" (tax) for permission to "manufacture" (sometimes a small metal part is easier to make than purchase) -- and this is a result of the US government signing on to a UN mandate.

Anyway, because of the license change, he was required to send all the paperwork required by the ATF for each client -- weapon serial number, name, address, driver's license number; the book of 4473 forms -- to the ATF.

If they're not keeping records, as they say, why do they want this information, what are they doing with it, and why not just leave it in the hands of the FFL holder?  Rhetorical.

When 'smiths are outlawed only outlaws will have 'smiths

;)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
At what point so 'smiths just make up the names and addresses to dick with a tyrannical government that says it isn't keeping a registry?

No answer required...just tossing it out there for general consumption...

And yeah, this year let's make that number hit 30M!   ::whoohoo::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2016, 07:57:58 AM »
I thought there would be some of this...

http://www.weaselzippers.us/308744-gun-sales-slow-in-days-after-donald-trump-secures-presidency/

Idiots.  Why not follow through?

::facepalm::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2016, 08:12:20 AM »

http://www.weaselzippers.us/308744-gun-sales-slow-in-days-after-donald-trump-secures-presidency/

Yeah, I am sure gun sales won't be as high during a trump Presidency, unless libtards get a clue and start buying them. Besides, until the electoral college votes - and the liberals have unleashed a full harassment campaign against them -  I won't say Trump secured the Presidency.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »

Yeah, I am sure gun sales won't be as high during a trump Presidency, unless libtards get a clue and start buying them. Besides, until the electoral college votes - and the liberals have unleashed a full harassment campaign against them -  I won't say Trump secured the Presidency.

If people are this wishy-washy...well, they're just not that serious to start with.  Poor bastards...

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »
I see this as a hopeful sign...

http://kplr11.com/2016/11/17/women-propelling-gun-sales-to-all-time-highs/

...chances are these are primarily good girls, not shake-and-wet-pants-at-sight-of-a-gun types!

::thumbsup::

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2016, 08:08:03 AM »
I see this as a hopeful sign...

http://kplr11.com/2016/11/17/women-propelling-gun-sales-to-all-time-highs/

...chances are these are primarily good girls, not shake-and-wet-pants-at-sight-of-a-gun types!

::thumbsup::

One thing I have noticed -- once a girl fires a gun she finds  she likes it, and then she is unwilling to date any wimps who are afraid of them.
Its  almost as universal as "never date anyone shorter than  you"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
Reminds me of this one:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2016, 03:50:09 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/28/after-trump-victory-minorities-flock-to-gun-stores/

Oh good, the NICS number will continue to climb, only now its the other side arming themselves.

"You feel that racists now feel like they can attack us just because the president is doing it," Earl Curtis, the owner of Blue Ridge Arsenal in Chantilly, Virginia, told NBC News.

Gun store owners told NBC News that since November 8 they're seeing up to four times as many black and minority customers — and black gun groups are reporting double the normal number of attendees at their meetings since the election.

You mean like how black people felt it was safe to play the "knock out game"  and kill cops when Obama was in charge? Yeah, I get that you might be scared some folks might be looking for a little payback. But that is what it is - payback. Make no mistake who started this war - Obama and his race baiting crap.

I do agree with the author however, tat ultimately, this is good news.  Once they have a gun, and go to a range, and they find out those good ol boys there have no intention of lynching them, that the NRA was founded in part to arm blacks, and that the Dems do want to disarm them , we may be getting a whole lotta recruits to our side. Guns are the best antidote to liberalism that exists.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 04:43:33 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2016, 07:03:40 PM »
The way I see it if you're not actively assessing everyone you encounter as a possible armed opponent you're not practicing situational awareness. The fact that more minorities are arming means little.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2016, 06:49:18 AM »
Agreed.  At a personal level nothing has changed for me.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2016, 10:37:13 PM »
http://monsterhunternation.com/2016/11/14/a-handy-guide-for-liberals-who-are-suddenly-interested-in-gun-ownership/

Okay I remember reading parts of this somewhere.. maybe it was here,  so I apologize if its a repost. I didn't realize it was written by Larry Correia of "Monster Hunters International" fame when I saw it the first time.

to give you a greater feel for the writing check out
https://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2010/05/17/the-adventures-of-tom-stranger-interdimensional-insurance-agent/

and the Christmas Noun Saga
http://monsterhunternation.com/online-fiction/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:43:35 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2017, 09:50:35 AM »

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

27,538,673 for the year.  December came in at 2,771,159  far less than last years 3,314,594 and on par with 2012's   2,783,765

It will be interesting to see how many liberals suddenly realize they are scared of their government and decide the 2nd amendment was a good idea. I think once you are forced to take that step it will put them on a road where they have to conclude that giving th government more power isn't always the best idea. I can only hope  Trump drives the point home and uses the IRS, EPA and other agencies as weapons against the democrats for once. I mean wouldn't it be fun to find environmental problems at every one of the sites run  by environmentalists?  Keep Clinton, Soros and Pals busy with an Audit and bank freezes. Petty and vindictive? You bet. Wonder where we would have learned that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2017, 11:57:26 AM »
Do unto Progs...and make it hurt thrice as bad!!!

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2017, 12:24:01 PM »

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view

27,538,673 for the year.  December came in at 2,771,159  far less than last years 3,314,594 and on par with 2012's   2,783,765

It will be interesting to see how many liberals suddenly realize they are scared of their government and decide the 2nd amendment was a good idea. I think once you are forced to take that step it will put them on a road where they have to conclude that giving th government more power isn't always the best idea. I can only hope  Trump drives the point home and uses the IRS, EPA and other agencies as weapons against the democrats for once. I mean wouldn't it be fun to find environmental problems at every one of the sites run  by environmentalists?  Keep Clinton, Soros and Pals busy with an Audit and bank freezes. Petty and vindictive? You bet. Wonder where we would have learned that.

The only issue with libs buying guns is accidental shootings will increase.....which, in hindsight, may not be too bad.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2017, 06:39:03 AM »
And how many will get kicked out of gun ranges too when going for their CCW when they try to shoot banger-style?