Author Topic: Sen. Mary Landrieu stuck on stupid  (Read 1726 times)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Sen. Mary Landrieu stuck on stupid
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:31:53 PM »
Pulling race card....again.

BATON ROUGE, La. — U.S. Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu of Louisiana wants another term, but her spokesman won’t answer why she wants to continue representing residents who, Landrieu says, carry racist and sexist values.

Watchdog.org asked Landrieu spokesman Matthew Lehner why Landrieu wants another go at the Senate while acting on behalf of people she seemingly believes are chauvinists and bigots, products of what she calls conservative Southern culture.

In case you haven’t heard, Landrieu made the remarks last week to NBC’s Chuck Todd, although she says her political opponents have taken her words and distorted them for their own ends.

Landrieu, who is facing a Dec. 6 runoff against Republican Bill Cassidy, made the remarks in response to Todd’s question about why President Obama is so unpopular in Louisiana.

Landrieu blamed Obama’s energy policies for the disconnect before bringing up matters of race and gender.

“I’ll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans. It’s been a difficult time for the president to present himself in a very positive light as a leader,” Landrieu said in a video interview.

“It’s not always been a good place for women to present ourselves. It’s more of a conservative place.”

Was Landrieu simply referring to ugly Southern stereotypes — perhaps accurate 50 years ago?

Or were her remarks directed toward contemporary Southern culture?

If the latter is true, then how does Landrieu explain Louisiana voters electing Democrat Kathleen Blanco governor in 2003?
Photo courtesy of Flickr.

Photo courtesy of Flickr.

Mary Landrieu

How about South Carolina electing Tim Scott, an African-American, as a U.S. Republican senator?

Lehner wouldn’t answer the question Thursday.

Lehner also wouldn’t answer when Watchdog.org gave him an opportunity to address many Louisiana residents, who took strong offense and say their differences with Obama stem from philosophy, not race.

Instead, Lehner relayed a statement from Landrieu.

“The South has not always been the friendliest or easiest place for African-Americans to advance, and it’s been a difficult place for women to be recognized as the leaders we are,” Landrieu said.

“Everyone knows this is the truth, and I will continue to speak the truth even as some would twist my words seeking political advantage.”

Louisiana NAACP President Ernest Johnson said Thursday institutional racism still exists in Louisiana.
Photo courtesy of Flickr

Photo courtesy of Flickr

Ernest Johnson (foreground), director of Louisiana’s NAACP, says he’s troubled by campaign ads featuring President Obama.

“But I can’t make a specific response to what Landrieu said,” Johnson said.

Johnson said Landrieu’s political opponents, angry with her over her vote for Obamacare, are trying to tarnish her as someone who supports Obama 97 percent of the time.

“If the senator has done a bad job, I’d like to see them back off of criticism of President Obama,” Johnson said.

“I’m very concerned with the images of Obama being put on TV. I don’t know how many people in Louisiana vote based on images, but I bet you there are some who do, and I’m concerned about it.”

Former Gov. Edwin Edwards, a Democrat, told American Press most Louisiana residents dislike Obama because they aren’t happy with the country’s direction.

Scott’s office did not return requests for comment on the matter.

Scott didn’t address the topic of Landrieu directly in a Fox News interview this week, but he said too many Democrats try to appeal to the lowest common denominator when attacking Republicans on race.

“South Carolina voters vote their values and their issues — and not my complexion,” Scott said.

“This is a great sign for what’s happening throughout the South, but certainly a fantastic sign for the evolution that has occurred in South Carolina.”
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: Sen. Mary Landrieu stuck on stupid
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 02:42:29 AM »
It's like she studied the Wendy Davis campaign strategy and then adopted it as her own.

It's like she gets up in the morning and asks herself, "How can I better run my re-election chances into the ground?"

It's like she has stumbled upon a big economy sized bottle of stupid and can't quit guzzling it down.

It's like she has switched places with her dumbass double from Bizarro World.

It's like she is on acid some days.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
I say book her on more shows!  ::evil::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »
Here's an image from the (very near) future:

"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »

Freakin' awesome. ::laughonfloor::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 10:36:09 AM »
To paraphrase Darth Vader, the stupid is strong in this one.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:21 PM »
Typhoid Mary loses by 14 points, all the race-baiting and stupid really worked, eh?

::hysterical::

OK, once we get our laughing over...we can focus on reality...this will only reconfirm the E-GOP leaderships belief that they have no mandate and must give Obama everything he wants until the new Congress is seated in January, where they then will only give Obama most everything he wants.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 02:25:49 PM »
Typhoid Mary loses by 14 points, all the race-baiting and stupid really worked, eh?

::hysterical::

OK, once we get our laughing over...we can focus on reality...this will only reconfirm the E-GOP leaderships belief that they have no mandate and must give Obama everything he wants until the new Congress is seated in January, where they then will only give Obama most everything he wants.

The GOPe is like the Jim Carrey character in Dumb and Dumber...

So you're telling me there's a chance

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 06:32:07 AM »
Even that might be giving them too much credit than they deserve...   ::unknowncomic::

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 02:17:35 PM »

Like she is ever going to set foot in Louisiana ever again.  She is a creature of DC where she is at home. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 02:47:31 PM »
Yeah, how much you wanna bet this tard writes a book, hits the libiot tv/radio network tush-kiss-a-thon circuit and then disappears a while once the real sales numbers float in, only to emerge out the drain pipe a few years from now to run for some other damned public office or get appointed by a Prog POTUS to some overpaid underqualified post?