Author Topic: The Coming Democrat Messaging & Strategy Review  (Read 2729 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
The Coming Democrat Messaging & Strategy Review
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »
Can you guess?

The answers are known before the very first meeting of the review committee!

Now that's Democrat Party efficiency. Actually, the person with all of the answers is none other than...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democrats are planning an extensive review of what went wrong in the 2014 and 2010 elections, hoping to find ways to translate success in presidential campaigns into future midterm contests.

"Our party has a problem," Wasserman Schultz said in a video announcing the project. "We know we're right on the issues. The American people believe in the causes we're fighting for. But the electoral success we have when our presidential nominee is able to make a case to the country as a whole, doesn't translate in other elections. That's why we lost in 2010, and it's why we lost on Tuesday."

Sheer genius, I'm telling you. A virtual brainiac. I wish that they would just put her in charge of all Democrat Party decisions. Everything would be so much easier.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline richb

• Established Member
Re: The Coming Democrat Messaging & Strategy Review
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 08:17:52 PM »
They have managed to polish turds for a long time,   but its not going to work every time.    You can't count on low info voters for victory.   

You do got to love the arrogance of the "right" side of the issues bs.    In that way,  no matter how hard they polish,  they are naive to believe they can win on issues alone.   They have to have "star" people like Barry,  so they can get people away from looking at real issues where Democrats are lacking.

When you consider the many times the Democrats have been on the wrong side of history (supporting slavery for example),  its actually amazing they are still a major party.   The Whigs and Democrat-Republicans collapsed under much less.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:49:58 PM »
The American people believe in the causes we're fighting for.

Betcha she said that with a straight face too.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:10:11 PM »
The Democrat Party, as currently constituted (super hard leftism bordering on marxism), cannot win elections.

Please remember that Obola did NOT run on his real agenda. The only thing that he said during his 2008 campaign that even hinted at what was to come was that bit about "fundamental transformation" which the low info people and the media ignored.

Please also remember that his one signature "achievement," DumbassCare, was promoted with the lies 1) that everyone would be covered, that is, have health care, 2) that it would be either free or cheaper and 3) that it would be better, more efficient, etc. The reality (which was delayed until AFTER the 2012 presidential election) was that 1) everyone isn't covered but merely has access to healthcare coverage, 2) that it was neither free nor cheaper...quite the contrary, it was grossly more expensive and 3) it was not better or more efficient. But by delaying the onset of these "features" until after the election Obola was able to help himself get re-elected and shove all of the negative effects of DumbassCare onto the poor saps who had to run in 2014.

The media has not been able to cover for him in the last two years like they did in the first four. They wanted to. They tried to. But the shear number and huge scale of his blunders has just been too much.

So...where am I going with this? The central part of the Democrat conundrum is that they don't understand how they can win in presidential election years and lose big in the mid terms. They believe that everyone is just in love with them and especially their policies and that they just have to figure out how to copy the formula from presidential election years to mid term election years. Well, the truth is that 2008 was fraud interlaced with hype and 2012 was the media not delving into the reality of DumbassCare and it not being implemented until the election was over. The reality of the 2010 mid term was that it was a staggering number of people reacting to DumbassCare being passed in spite of having less than the number of votes in the Senate needed to do it (they used reconciliation to get it done with less than 60 votes after Scott Brown was elected to fill the Kennedy vacancy). And I think we all know why the 2014 mid terms turned out as they did.

But the Democrats can't see these things. They are absolutely positive that their policies are great and therefore it just has to be something else. But it isn't.

The anomaly isn't the mid-terms. The anomaly has been the last two presidential elections where despite overwhelming evidence that the Democrat candidate was a nincompoop he was elected by way of subterfuge and ignorance.

We can take solace in the knowledge that the Democrats will not change. The thing is that they have NOT bottomed out yet. Until they finally hit bottom they will continue on in denial and nothing will improve for them.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 07:36:14 AM »
We can take solace in the knowledge that the Democrats will not change. The thing is that they have NOT bottomed out yet. Until they finally hit bottom they will continue on in denial and nothing will improve for them.

When they do bottom out as yo say Trap, I sincerely hope they are at least 6 lineal feet under the surface of the earth with a concrete vault top and 1.5 cubic yards of soil over that.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
  They lost because they lost the voters that were drinking the kool aid the most. Women I think are tired of being no more than a life support system for their crotch and the yutes that are still living in their parents basement want out and on to a real job and a life.

I have the pleasure of working with not one but two Black repubs. The younger of the two was saying that the old blind blacks are dieing off and the youth among them wants out of the plantation. And that number in on the increase year over year and will overtake the I just want stuff bunch.  Just as a point of info,he is 32 married with three girls and is the sole provider because he wants the wife home for the kids.

He himself is from a single parent home without a father since he was very young and has only seen him twice in his life and doesn't care to see him or have him around his kids.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »

When they do bottom out as yo say Trap, I sincerely hope they are at least 6 lineal feet under the surface of the earth with a concrete vault top and 1.5 cubic yards of soil over that.

You have that happy dream too, eh?   ;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 03:43:53 PM »
  They lost because they lost the voters that were drinking the kool aid the most. Women I think are tired of being no more than a life support system for their crotch and the yutes that are still living in their parents basement want out and on to a real job and a life.

I have the pleasure of working with not one but two Black repubs. The younger of the two was saying that the old blind blacks are dieing off and the youth among them wants out of the plantation. And that number in on the increase year over year and will overtake the I just want stuff bunch.  Just as a point of info,he is 32 married with three girls and is the sole provider because he wants the wife home for the kids.

He himself is from a single parent home without a father since he was very young and has only seen him twice in his life and doesn't care to see him or have him around his kids.

It's what happens when promises of free sh*t from craddle to grave for all time starts to get implemented and reality hits.  Actually, I am not sure reality has hit, not fully anyway, most these kool aid guzzlers will no doubt fall for the next snakeoil seller, you watch.

Glad you know some people who made it out of slavery.   ::thumbsup::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 01:46:29 AM »
Should be interesting, though, to see if this pack of idiots is capable of seeing beyond their own spin. I, for one, will be interested in any followup to this story (did they actually have a meeting? did anyone actually raise uncomfortable truths at this meeting? what was said regarding these truths?). If there is any meeting at all.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 06:55:55 AM »
Heh, if there are no truths did a meeting even take place.

Deep stuff.

With this bunch I bet most truths were left out, so...not much of a meeting IMO.  Could have mailed that one in...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 03:26:24 AM »
The two main themes of the Democratic Platform: Racism and Reproduction

On racism, they have tried to convince LIVs that the Democratic Party is the only opportunity for minorities to advance. Latinos and Blacks. They further tried to convince LIV Americans that if you vote for Conservatives, you are voting for racism. Apparently, people aren't buying intho this theme in numbers like they did before. One reason is the more high profile Blacks and Hispanics making the case for the conservative cause. A subset of this is more of the faith-based community is vocal about the godlessness of the modern Democratic Party.

The second part, Reproductive Rights, has the Democratic Party trying to convince LIVs of the normalcy of hundreds of thousands of aborted fetuses. The Democrats have been pushed out to the extreme, going all in on late term and partial birth abortion, both procedures becoming offensive and disgusting to a majority of voters. Their other arguments twist logic to the point that making the user pay for their contraception is somehow denying the user access to it.

Good luck, Dems. Keep running to the extreme left and see how successful your party will be in 2016. Go Liz Warren! Yay!
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 06:53:03 AM »
The two main themes of the Democratic Platform: Racism and Reproduction

On racism, they have tried to convince LIVs that the Democratic Party is the only opportunity for minorities to advance. Latinos and Blacks. They further tried to convince LIV Americans that if you vote for Conservatives, you are voting for racism. Apparently, people aren't buying intho this theme in numbers like they did before. One reason is the more high profile Blacks and Hispanics making the case for the conservative cause. A subset of this is more of the faith-based community is vocal about the godlessness of the modern Democratic Party.

The second part, Reproductive Rights, has the Democratic Party trying to convince LIVs of the normalcy of hundreds of thousands of aborted fetuses. The Democrats have been pushed out to the extreme, going all in on late term and partial birth abortion, both procedures becoming offensive and disgusting to a majority of voters. Their other arguments twist logic to the point that making the user pay for their contraception is somehow denying the user access to it.

Good luck, Dems. Keep running to the extreme left and see how successful your party will be in 2016. Go Liz Warren! Yay!

Is she an authentic Injun or a wise native?

::laughonfloor::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 09:19:23 PM »
Just perhaps people such as Ben Carson, Mia Love, Alfonzo Rachel are making inroads to the black voters that want more than a handout, they be wanting their freedom from bondage of the Great Society.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 09:36:38 PM »
Just perhaps people such as Ben Carson, Mia Love, Alfonzo Rachel are making inroads to the black voters that want more than a handout, they be wanting their freedom from bondage of the Great Society.

You forgot South Carolina's newly elected senator, Tim Scott. Definitely one to watch.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:26 PM »

You forgot South Carolina's newly elected senator, Tim Scott. Definitely one to watch.

Unh hunh.  Mebbe so, but I'll not ever cast a vote for him for president.  Because racist.   ::saywhat::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 10:43:30 PM »

Unh hunh.  Mebbe so, but I'll not ever cast a vote for him for president.  Because racist.   ::saywhat::

Sarcasm? Or is there something about him I don't know.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:20 PM »

But Pan. If we get our own negro, then we can win. We should recruit negroes for every race. Then we could have Republicans in every elected office in the country cuz negroes are secret sauce.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »

Sarcasm? Or is there something about him I don't know.

Well, the "because racist" part is sarcasm but the rest is not.  Read IDP's comment after my previous one; it pretty much explains my recalcitrance.  And because I just plain don't trust any of them to not revert.  Can't -- won't -- help it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:00:21 PM by Pandora »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 06:27:31 AM »
Ahh...the "Colin Powell Syndrome"...

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 08:11:59 AM »
I don't know a thing about the details of Tim Scott's politics. What I have been exposed to, I like. He seems like an intelligent, conservative fella.

My comment was meant to illustrate the absurdity of conservatives/Republicans trying to play the identity politics game. Too often I see people's attention being grabbed by Black/female/Hispanic conservative candidates, as if the color of their skin or racial heritage is some secret sauce that inoculates conservatism from being accused of racism. Extrapolate that out by imagining the GOP recruiting Blacks for every single elected office, and witness the absurdity of the supposed inoculation.

Look at how millions of conservatives tagged Ben Carson as the next conservative messiah. "Ah ha! Now WE have our OWN negro! Take THAT, Leftists!"

Then we learned that Ben Carson believes the 2nd Amendment only applies if you don't live in a metropolitan area.

This mindset of hoisting our good conservative Black office holders on our shoulders and trying to use them to prove to the world that we are not racist places conservatism on perpetual defense. They just move the goalpost. According to the Leftists, Mia Love didn't even accomplish her victory in spite of her Blackness - a racist viewpoint to begin with. No, she accomplished her victory because of White Privilegeā„¢.

See how that works? There is no Black candidate that will silence the Left. We could populate the entire Republican Party with our own Magic Negroes covered with special sauce, and every last one of them would be "inauthentic" Blacks.

Dammit, when I cast my vote, it will be based on the content of character and an assessment of principles and policies. Skin color will not be a factor.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson