Author Topic: The Coming Democrat Messaging & Strategy Review  (Read 2730 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Coming Democrat Messaging & Strategy Review
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
Ahh...the "Colin Powell Syndrome"...

Right.  Same applies to Condoleeza Rice (she's an affirmative action advocate), Michael Steele, former head of the RNC ("he and President Obama have a slimmer margin of error because of their race").

They look very good 'on paper' at first -- and the special sauce (thanks, IDP) of their race is touted by the PTB as a plus -- but eventually it is revealed they've got that ole race-loyalty music playing in the background.

IDP referenced Ben Carson as another example.  Does his double standard on 2A come from that background music?  I don't know.  It might not; nevertheless, it's not an opinion to be valued as valid in a presidential candidate by a Conservative, regardless of his elevated status.

So, when I hear Black Conservatives decrying how poorly the "Black community" has done under a Black president, instead of worrying about everybody doing poorly -- and White Conservatives do the same thing sometimes, the pandering drives me crazy -- I'm done with them.

We're always told "there's no such thing as race, we're all the human race", right?  Yeah, tell that to the Blacks, Chinese, Japanese, etc., the majority of them will laugh in your face.  Then we're asked to examine Caucasians, White people, and observe and acknowledge that 'what is White?' is hard to qualify.  Meanwhile, Blacks come from many different places, not just Africa, but they are viewed as a monolithic group; a Chinese knows a Japanese from a Korean, but they're all "asian".  The only ones not allowed to group up are White people, because we're evil oppressors, despite us being a minority of the world's population.

Okay, end of rant/lecture.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »
  Carson seems to be a nice enough guy and really smart too but I see him with a cabinet position not as POTUS.  We've already seen what no experience looks like and I'm not looking for a flavor of the month either.

Once he has some experience I'll look at him again but not now.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 05:08:20 PM »
Good rant, I liked it.

We should employ the Reagan doctrine, govern on principles, fight for those principles and if people (no color preference, no group preference and NO pandering!) find that attractive, great, welcome to the real American family.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 12:39:33 AM »

Dammit, when I cast my vote, it will be based on the content of character and an assessment of principles and policies. Skin color will not be a factor.

That was the biggest thing that MLK got right but the one that is ignored universally by the left. Identity politics is racist by definition and yet they live for it.

But...let's get this thread back on track. That is, let's take a look at Democrat recalcitrance writ large:[/b]

“I do not believe what happened the other night is a wave,” Pelosi said in her first sit-down interview since Democrats lost a dozen House seats to Republicans on Nov. 4. “There was no wave of approval for the Republicans. I wish them congratulations, they won the election, but there was no wave of approval for anybody. There was an ebbing, an ebb tide, for us.

That quote, of course, belongs to Madame Skeletor, proud ruler of the now even more minor minority party in the House. What the hag is saying is that the election wasn't a glass half full for the Republicans but rather a glass half empty for the Democrats which means...wait for it...not really a defeat at all! No, it was an ebbing, dammit! And ebbings are better than waves. Ebbings trump waves every time!

So...where do we go from here? Why, straight up Delusion Drive and then a quick turn into the Cray-Cray cul-de-sac before checking into the Hotel California...

Pelosi’s take on the midterms is this: It wasn’t a Republican wave, her party’s message is fine and while President Barack Obama thinks Democrats need to play better politics, she believes Democrats just need to better engage voters.

Yep. Truly inspirational. According to Old Nancy, the Democrats (and similar thinking independents) have an "engagement" problem. Those darned voters just won't engage. If only they could whip them or hit them with sticks or something. Sure sucks when your voters' best attribute (that they are too stupid to see how they are being conned) turns out to also be their worst attribute (too stupid to turn off the television and go vote like they are told).

So, what to do, what to do?  Of course, gather your flying monkeys around you and write a decree or a sternly worded memo to let the troops know that even though she has witlessly guided them to utter destruction, it could have been much worse and that they all need to support her again for a leadership position.

On Nov. 4, as the Election Day drubbing for Democrats unfolded, Pelosi gathered with a small group of supporters and staffers at Rep. Chellie Pingree’s (D-Maine) home on Capitol Hill to watch the results. Attendees described the event as “somber” and “downbeat.” Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel of New York talked about turnout and the party’s effort to defend all incumbents — unlike when in 2010 the DCCC had to cut off some vulnerable members because of stretched resources.

By the time she left the event at 11 p.m., a number of high-profile Democrats in California and New York were in tight — and unexpected — battles for their careers.

Flanked by Rep. George Miller (D-Calif.), her husband and Democratic staffers, Pelosi went back to the DCCC’s Capitol Hill headquarters. By 1 a.m., when races across the country were still turning against Democrats, Pelosi began drafting a letter to colleagues, asking for their support as minority leader. At the center of her pitch was the voter engagement drive.

Pelosi argues that House Democrats aren’t getting enough credit for preventing a total rout. Compared with losses in the Senate, the losses among incumbent House Democrats were better than expected, she says.

Now all that's left is to hop on her broom and sky write "Surrender Republicans!" above the Capitol dome. Bottom line is that this so-called (and as yet, utterly fictional) policy and strategy review is going nowhere when you have bonafide nut cases in charge who cannot admit that there is a fundamental problem with the party.

And that's good news, really. I'm totally satisfied that the Democrats are, even now, unwilling to admit that they even struck the iceberg an hour or so ago, let alone give any notice at all that the ship is beginning to list at an ever increasing angle. There are still quite a few that need to ride the thing to the bottom of the ocean and sleep with the fishes. The Democrats need to pay a very, very severe price for what they have done to this country and I'm happy to see it happen.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:55:52 AM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2014, 06:41:56 AM »
Now all that's left is to hop on her broom and sky write "Surrender Republicans!" above the Capitol dome.

OK, even though what you said is true, I wouldn't dare the above event to occur, Pubbies are just too capable of surrender...in fact they might rival the French in its frequency!!!

ETA - Here is the insiders pick for next DemonRat POTUS...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/elizabeth-warren-harry-reid-senate-leadership-112847.html

...a new platform to launch her (inauthentic) campaign...

::mooning::

Just another asshole...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 06:43:05 AM by Libertas »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
Oh hey...

Same 'ol, same 'ol...

http://news.yahoo.com/mcconnell-boehner-line-top-gop-posts-081618818--politics.html

..but this made me chuckle - "Reid announced that Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, a favorite of liberals, would join his leadership team, along with Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota."

::hysterical::

Bwuuuhahaaahaaa!!! The inarticulate unwise native and the libiot know-nothing from Minnesota?!   ::laughonfloor::

Have fun with that!!!   ::rolllaughing::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 10:41:19 PM »
Bwuuuhahaaahaaa!!! The inarticulate unwise native and the libiot know-nothing from Minnesota?!   ::laughonfloor::

The best and the brightest...what can you say?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 05:39:49 AM »

The best and the brightest...what can you say?
To join the leadership team of the undead. I wonder if either know just what that means for them. ::noose:: or  ::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »
Heh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2833967/Final-Senate-race-looks-Louisiana-laugher-internal-polls-GOP-s-Bill-Cassidy-opening-16-point-lead-Sen-Mary-Landrieu.html

Looks like Typhoid Mary is going to get booted.

And hey, here is the War on Women, launched by Democrats..this time, ironically, on one of their own...a woman, an Iraq War vet who lost both legs and his pregnant...denied a proxy vote on leadership selections because it is against the rules...

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/dems-won-t-lift-ban-on-proxy-voting-for-duckworth-20141113

...probably the carrying a baby thing, not something leadership is fond of...babies...

...their War on Babies rages still.

Meanwhile, new DemoProg darling woos libiot fat cats and money-launderers that call themselves the Democracy Alliance...

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/11/elizabeth-warren-liberal-donors-112888.html

Let's hear that war-cry, Lizzie!

::hysterical::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2014, 11:19:02 AM »
Trading Mary for a RINO. Why don't I have the warm and fuzzies?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2014, 11:22:04 AM »
Trading Mary for a RINO. Why don't I have the warm and fuzzies?

Probably because unlike too many people today, you have lived with your head outside your ass your whole life (or escaped its grasp a long time ago)!

::thumbsup::

Offline fporretto

• Newb
  • Long Island's crazy libertarian-conservative
    • Liberty's Torch
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »
"We know we're right on the issues."

Therein lies the heart of the Democrats' problem: their inability ever to admit to error. But then, when you're morally and intellectually superior to those who disagree with you, why would you ever feel the need to apologize to such Neanderthals for having abused them?

Barack Hussein Obama isn't a fluke; he's the end product of decades of progressive / left-liberal development. He is the ultimate creature of his partisan kind: one who cannot believe that he could fall short of perfection in any way. It's all our fault for failing to grasp his greatness and his unremitting benevolence. For a second example, consider Jonathan Gruber's "health care reform comic book."
This post is programming you in undetectable ways.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 10:00:07 AM »
"We know we're right on the issues."

Therein lies the heart of the Democrats' problem: their inability ever to admit to error. But then, when you're morally and intellectually superior to those who disagree with you, why would you ever feel the need to apologize to such Neanderthals for having abused them?

Barack Hussein Obama isn't a fluke; he's the end product of decades of progressive / left-liberal development. He is the ultimate creature of his partisan kind: one who cannot believe that he could fall short of perfection in any way. It's all our fault for failing to grasp his greatness and his unremitting benevolence. For a second example, consider Jonathan Gruber's "health care reform comic book."

Very well said.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
Libiots perverting morality and using it against others who have a normal comprehension of the meaning and application of the word?

Uhh huh.

Stupid or evil?  Yes.