Author Topic: Is that mental midget AlGore in town? Polar Vortex again, 8-10" of warming!  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
This one is going to be a bust.  At least for the south metro.  The whole system is raising to the north.  Maybe a little later, but right now, it's not snowing here.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
It's definitely fizzled a bit from last tonight to this morning and even from this morning to now.  Supposed to get the most snow throughout the night but the most will be done with by mid-day and most of the system does appear to be in central part of MN, north and south appear to be escaping that.

Still, my BIL is not happy about plowing this early in the season.  He's kinda crabby, and he normal likes this stuff!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
This one is going to be a bust.  At least for the south metro.  The whole system is raising to the north.  Maybe a little later, but right now, it's not snowing here.

Pretty much the same for the Gulf Coast. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Pretty much the same for the Gulf Coast. ::unknowncomic::

As soon as Alan douses his flaming pants...maybe we can get a more accurate reporting from our Bayou buddy?   ;D

Meanwhile...everybody enjoying Novjanberary?

Lame Duck O'Bongo using this cool weather and the interregnum to Pubbie control of Congress to issue more Imperial decrees to advance the Cult of Climate Change, so celebrate more patriots rallying to the cause, burn tires and fire guns in the air!

::whoohoo::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
As soon as Alan douses his flaming pants...maybe we can get a more accurate reporting from our Bayou buddy?   ;D

Oh, they were doused last night. ::bashing::

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Oh, they were doused last night. ::bashing::

Heh.  Hey, I'd take those wind chills in the 50's...man, those must be brutal!   ;D

Even for central and northern parts of your state, y'all are well below your November averages...if TWC data is correct.

So much for global warming...

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Been in the 70s all week here.  But that's supposed to change dramatically overnight and remain that way for the foreseeable future.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
After the extended winter we just had and now this...sure seems like we're getting a double-whammy.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Is that mental midget AlGore in town? Polar Vortex again, 8-10" of warming!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
Been in the 70s all week here.  But that's supposed to change dramatically overnight and remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Yep.  According to an AccuWeather piece I read yesterday, there are only SIX states that are NOT supposed to get snow and NC isn't on the list;  S.C., Florida, Alabama, Ms and two others.

So, organize the insulateds.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 08:03:44 PM »
We've had wind storms most of the week. Last night was gusts to 60mph. Took down one 28" diameter tree that demolished one of my portable carports. I had just replaced the cover for it  last weekend. It just grazed my van leaving nasty scratches that hopefully will buff out. The entire back lot is covered in over two feet of limbs, branches, pieces of tree-trunk, and leaves. I lost two apple trees, a plum tree that I've been nursing for the last three years, and all of the blueberry bushes that I put in this year. The good news is that it ripped away about 60 feet of blackberry vines ;')

Three quarters of town has been dark since around 8:30 last night and there are fallen tree limbs everywhere. And this morning the temps dropped to freezing with promises of lows in the mid-twenties for the rest of the week.

Oh joy.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 09:06:43 PM »
Dayum, 'Soup; sorry to hear about the damage.  I'm figuring, though, that your preparations have supplied heat and light for you.  Hope things are restored to relative normal soon.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2014, 05:45:36 AM »
Glad no one was hurt, 'Soup.

Now if I can just get Libertas to close the damn door....

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 06:55:45 AM »
Hey!

Sometimes doors are hard!

Sorry to hear of the damages 'Soup, glad you are OK.  Tree damage stinks, those just cannot be replaced quickly.  We are down to one producing apple tree at the lake and of the new plantings of a couple years ago 3 of the 4 fruit trees will not make it.
 ::gaah::

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »
Here's a little picture gallery of some of the damage to the area...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Photos-Linemen-deal-with-quite-the-mess-after-Tuesdays-winds-282503781.html?tab=gallery&c=y&img=0

Yeah, swell...I am all too familiar with that from the tornado and straight line winds that rambled through our lake place a couple years ago...the sounds of chainsaws at work has died down from its peak but there is still some here and there as people work deeper into their property...and a lot of landscape has changed and may not look like it once did for decades/lifetimes.  And the human waves of contractors descending like locusts was equally unforgettable...but those rates they charged sure won't be forgot!  Bloody pirates!  But I am glad I don't have to mess with power lines.

Patience and perseverance my friend. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 07:54:25 AM »
Cold in Denver...

http://www.denverpost.com/weathernews/ci_26921046/denver-weather-record-cold-snow-tap-wednesday

...it always amuses me when the find other spots thatn are traditionally cold that are warmer than the poor bastards in question...like the fact for these people it is colder than Hillary Clinton's bed is somehow lacking in their awareness!

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 08:02:01 PM »
Cold in Denver...

http://www.denverpost.com/weathernews/ci_26921046/denver-weather-record-cold-snow-tap-wednesday

...it always amuses me when the find other spots thatn are traditionally cold that are warmer than the poor bastards in question...like the fact for these people it is colder than Hillary Clinton's bed is somehow lacking in their awareness!

I liked this 1916 newspaper article from a companion article:

We only got down to 22 degrees last night!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 11:20:14 PM »
What's amusingly ironic about that is that, today, some states do not allow chains.