Author Topic: Socio-Sexual-Heirarchy  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Socio-Sexual-Heirarchy
« on: November 22, 2014, 06:58:54 PM »
Expanding past Alpha and Beta... (please feel to re-categorize.. it probably doesn't belong in general. Not sure where it would go..)

Alpha: The alpha is the tall, good-looking guy who is the center of both male and female attention. The classic star of the football team who is dating the prettiest cheerleader. The successful business executive with the beautiful, stylish, blonde, size zero wife. All the women are attracted to him, while all the men want to be him, or at least be his friend. At a social gathering like a party, he's usually the loud, charismatic guy telling self-flattering stories to a group of attractive women who are listening with interest. However, alphas are only interested in women to the extent that they exist for the alpha's gratification, physical and psychological, they are actually more concerned with their overall group status.

Lifetime sexual partners = 4x average+.

Beta: Betas are the good-looking guys who aren't as uniformly attractive or socially dominant as the Alpha, but are nevertheless confident, attractive to women, and do well with them. At the party, they are the loud guy's friends who showed up with the alcohol and who are flirting with the tier one women and cheerfully pairing up with the tier two women. Betas tend to genuinely like women and view them in a somewhat optimistic manner, but they don't have a lot of illusions about them either. Betas tend to be happy, secure in themselves, and are up for anything their alpha wants to do. When they marry, it is not infrequently to a woman who was one of the alpha's former girlfriends.

Lifetime sexual partners = 2-3x average.

Delta: The normal guy. Deltas are the great majority of men. They can't attract the most attractive women, so they usually aim for the second-tier women with very limited success, and stubbornly resist paying attention to all of the third-tier women who are comfortably in their league. This is ironic, because deltas would almost always be happier with their closest female equivalents. When a delta does manage to land a second-tier woman, he is constantly afraid that she will lose interest in him and will, not infrequently, drive her into the very loss of interest he fears by his non-stop dancing of attendance upon her. In a social setting, the deltas are the men clustered together in groups, each of them making an occasional foray towards various small gaggles of women before beating a hasty retreat when direct eye contact and engaged responses are not forthcoming. Deltas tend to put the female sex on pedestals and have overly optimistic expectations of them; if a man rhapsodizes about his better half or is an inveterate White Knight, he is almost certainly a delta. Deltas like women, but find them mysterious, confusing, and are sometimes secretly a little afraid of them.

Lifetime sexual partners = 1-1.5x average

Gamma: The introspective, the unusual, the unattractive, and all too often the bitter. Gammas are often intelligent, usually unsuccessful with women, and not uncommonly all but invisible to them, the gamma alternates between placing women on pedestals and hating the entire sex. This mostly depends upon whether an attractive woman happened to notice his existence or not that day. Too introspective for their own good, gammas are the men who obsess over individual women for extended periods of time and supply the ranks of stalkers, psycho-jealous ex-boyfriends, and the authors of excruciatingly romantic rhyming doggerel. In the unlikely event they are at the party, they are probably in the corner muttering darkly about the behavior of everyone else there... sometimes to themselves. Gammas tend to have have a worship/hate relationship with women, the current direction of which is directly tied to their present situation. However, they are sexual rejects, not social rejects.

Lifetime voluntary sexual partners = .5x average

Omega: The truly unfortunate. Omegas are the social losers who were never in the game. Sometimes creepy, sometimes damaged, often clueless, and always undesirable. They're not at the party. It would never have crossed anyone's mind to invite them in the first place. Omegas are either totally indifferent to women or hate them with a borderline homicidal fury.

Lifetime sexual partners < 2

Sigma: The outsider who doesn't play the social game and manage to win at it anyhow. The sigma is hated by alphas because sigmas are the only men who don't accept or at least acknowledge, however grudgingly, their social dominance. (NB: Alphas absolutely hate to be laughed at and a sigma can often enrage an alpha by doing nothing more than smiling at him.) Everyone else is vaguely confused by them. In a social situation, the sigma is the man who stops in briefly to say hello to a few friends accompanied by a Tier 1 girl that no one has ever seen before. Sigmas like women, but tend to be contemptuous of them. They are usually considered to be strange. Gammas often like to think they are sigmas, failing to understand that sigmas are not social rejects, they are at the top of the social hierarchy despite their refusal to play by its rules.

Lifetime sexual partners = 4x average+.

Lambda: Those men who have quite literally no interest in conventional male-female sexual relations. They clearly have their own hierarchy of sorts, but I can't say that I know much about it other than it appears to somehow involve youth, free weights, and mustaches.

Lifetime sexual partners = 10x average+

Not sure what you are, here is a fun quiz that I am sure is as scientific and as accurate as your horoscope. But given the population we have here, please self report your result ( By this Quiz I am Sigma)

But unfortunately , I don't exist

However, his concept of the “Sigma Male,” the guy who stands apart from the Alpha-Omega classification hierarchy, who does his own thing, and who magically winds up with hot chicks, is utter bullsh*t. Accord to Vox, a Sigma is “the outsider who doesn’t play the social game, [yet manages] to win at it anyhow.”  “[Sigmas] are at the top of the social hierarchy despite their refusal to play by its rules.”  Yeah right.  And I’m Batman. When I first read the description of the Sigma male I laughed out loud.  No doubt the author, Vox, saw himself as this special sort of “Sigma” character.  The kick-ass lone wolf who can out-game even the popular guys.  I have no doubt his “Sigma” character is Vox’s own fantasy of the person he desperately wishes he were.

And Batman would be? Yeah, a Sigma.  Granted a Fictional character.  But since we all know that hot chicks go out with anyone past a certain level of hotness or a certain level of money, and  Bruce Wayne has both. No one is Batman, but plenty of people must aspire to be like  him, and therefore, we can only assume some people come close enough.  We can also assume there must be one handsome and/or rich guy out there who can get A-list women and NOT play by societies rules,  therefor  Sigmas must exist. ( and regardless of testing I may not be one)

Personally I have observed quite a few men I know show up at parties with an A-list woman no one has ever met, and piss off the party's alphas.  I find I usually enjoyed it when that happened. Could I be a sigma? Maybe , i guess . I was never much interested in the social hierarchy in High School and went out of my way to not conform and thereby piss off the "cool kids." (and quite a few people enjoyed that if the signatures in my year book are to be believed..) but then I never went after A-list women.

Dr Helen had a recent article where she said, quoting her book, 

the non-Alphas tell a different story. For those men who are not Alphas, there are many fewer women available to them. If 24 percent of the men are sharing 76 percent of the women, the sexual prospects are poor for the 76 percent of men who are sharing the other 24 percent of women. Perhaps of those 76 percent, some are the virgins who are the most anti-marriage or are less marriage-minded because they have fewer women to choose from or feel socially rejected.

I am pretty sure I was never actually even interested in 24%  of the women out there - maybe 10%.  Does that 10% overlap the same 24% the alphas are after? I doubt it. There is some overlap I am sure, but beauty was only one characteristic I was looking for- and not even the primary one.  I found that what most people call A-list women are so pretty that they have never had to develop other aspects of their character, and often what   development there was occurred  in a less than desirable manner ( demanding, high-maintenance, promiscuous )

as Dr Helen puts it,

" The conformists hate that their group think doesn’t extend to everyone and are taken by surprise that the geeks don’t care if they are invited to the party. They learned long ago that they weren’t invited in the first place and many made their own world that didn’t depend on being popular."

Popularity isn't a goal. Therefore what others would consider an A-list woman is not required.  Other characteristics such as honesty, ethics, intelligence and stability were far more attractive to me. Hence I was seldom with what others considered an A-list woman. And often what relationships I had were initiated mostly by the women ( My Wife being the exception and the only woman I found really worth pursuing..and yes I found her very pretty as well, but again, I doubt most people would tell me she is A-list pretty.. but I couldn't take my eyes off her anyway)

Anyway... thoughts on the hierarchy, the test, and how it relates to the conservative mindset?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:19:42 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Socio-Sexual-Heirarchy
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 11:19:12 AM »
Uhh huh...I'm a Sigma...more for my attitude than looks I think.   :D

Whatever.  It's likely bullsh*t.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:36:38 AM »
Guess I'm sigma also. Or at least I was. Since many of the questions deal with interactions with women, I answered them according to the past tense - how I behaved when I was younger and either single, or in less-than-committed relationships.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
Another Sigma and I couldn't care.  At my age everything is past tense.
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »
Guess I'm sigma also. Or at least I was. Since many of the questions deal with interactions with women, I answered them according to the past tense - how I behaved when I was younger and either single, or in less-than-committed relationships.

Yep, I looked back at the time when dating was something I did and answered the questions historically and figured most of us would have to do the same.  I just wondered how many (if any of us) - would qualify as Alphas..and so far nada huh?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:16:39 PM by Weisshaupt »

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 02:10:13 PM »
Most so-called alphas I've encountered have led pretty shallow and unhappy lives. They wind up surrounded by sycophants and still lonely.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 07:53:26 PM »
......but find them mysterious, confusing, and are sometimes secretly a little afraid of them.

I never had those feelings until I got married. Especially the confusing part.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
I like that they use Riddick as the symbol for Sigmas. I guess it doesn't surprise me that the members here are all Sigmas...

Sigma

You don't give a damn. You are off doing your own thing, with or without anyone's approval. You radiate cool and intrigue, and women find you intensely interesting, despite you not trying or noticing. You don't go to parties or social gatherings, but if you do, you're usually with a friend and a gorgeous woman you brought. You're the lone wolf of the hierarchy, almost as attractive as Alphas. You shun leadership in favor of getting the hell away from everyone.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »
I like that they use Riddick as the symbol for Sigmas. I guess it doesn't surprise me that the members here are all Sigmas...

Sigma

You don't give a damn. You are off doing your own thing, with or without anyone's approval. You radiate cool and intrigue, and women find you intensely interesting, despite you not trying or noticing. You don't go to parties or social gatherings, but if you do, you're usually with a friend and a gorgeous woman you brought. You're the lone wolf of the hierarchy, almost as attractive as Alphas. You shun leadership in favor of getting the hell away from everyone.

Yeah, because building a TARDIS just radiates cool and intrigue to women.. guess its good I got a wife before I could undertake such projects.
I am surprised none of the women have chimed in on the validity/non-validity of the hierarchy...