Author Topic: Senators "field" offices: How about yours?  (Read 909 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Senators "field" offices: How about yours?
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »
Well,  I wanted to drop by my senators local field office today (see my other posts for the reason why).   That would be Senator Coats,  a Republican from Indiana.   The local field office being the Northwest Indiana office in Crown Point. 

Imagine my surprise (or maybe not) when I find the office closed on a Monday afternoon,  2pm ish.   No sign,  no nothing saying why the office is closed (the office is poorly marked outside,  I went past it twice before finding it).

The receptionist for the other tenant in the building then drops a bombshell.   That office is rarely open, and doesn't have regular hours!  I haven't seen the staffer for over a week she remarks.  Are there times someone is generally there?   Nope, she says,  and she couldn't miss someone being there,  the door to the field office is in her sight.     

I am guessing that Coats staffer doesn't even live locally.  Coats has 4 other field offices in addition to the main office in Indy and of course DC.   I am guessing the other field offices are rarely used. 

Can't imagine what the rent on all those under-used offices cost taxpayers.  If they don't want to run an office for voters thats fine,   but why are we renting office space?   Its an office in a very nice recently constructed office park.   It ain't cheap.   

Why can't they borrow a spot in a federal building (in my area,  why couldn't they  use an space at the federal courthouse, the social security office or the fbi office,  all new buildings too I would add)

So the question to the rest of you.  Does your senator have a staffer who has regular hours at their field offices,  or is Senator Coats offices (not being open) the norm or not?   

On his senate web page,  Coats has the debt clock running on it.   Kettle,  call yourself black.........  Also directions to offices that aren't open.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:05:49 PM by richb »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Senators "field" offices: How about yours?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
I have two of the dumbest and most worthless Senators ever to stink up that joint, and that is saying something given how many skunks have crawled through there over 239 years!

The idiot Klobuchar has offices in Minneapolis, Moorehead, Rochester and Virginia in addition the DC office in the Hart Senate Building.

The idiot Franken has offices in St. Paul, St. Peter, St. Cloud, Duluth and his DC office in the Hart Senate Building.  He also has something called a "NW Mobile Office" that has no address but some gals name and number.

I'll bet the outlying offices are infrequently staffed unless a) the idiot will be there for some potted-plant stunt or b) it is election season and somebody has to be there to spew the BS.  And the metro offices are probably lightly staffed at best and subject to the above as well.  Idiot Al's mobile unit to me sounds like a messenging service to screen out the fodder from the cronies.

I've had no desire to contact either one of these tools so I cannot say who is where and when.

It appears as though your man Coats (like the others) list phone numbers for their offices...

http://www.coats.senate.gov/contact/

I would flood those fax machines, maybe that will generate a callback and some action.  Maybe not.  Worth a shot though.  It might feel good to fire off a bunch of copies to each site and see what happens.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:01:20 PM »
I did call the local number,  it transfers to the main Indy office.  I talked with a nice chap who took my info.   He said the staffer who handles Obama care messes would call me in the morning.    She actually called at the appointed time.  Amazing.

Well,  interesting chat,  the senators office will be checking into my problem.   Still have to file the appeal.   

Government at "work"  sighhhhhhh 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 07:05:06 AM »
The weight of government dwarfs the weight of liberty...the scales so out of balance nobody can point at it and say "It is good" and not be committing a bold-faced lie.

It sucks to be at the end of America...I would have been much happier at the start!

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
Schumer very rarely comes upstate. thank goodness for that. We are barely visible to him as we are mostly that rabble of republicans that exist north of Poughkeepsie.

Our other senator, Gillibrand, replaced our infamous Hillary. both dumb blondes that say the PC things all lefty's want to hear and uncaring for us up-staters.

We are waiting with baited breath that some of the filfth surrounding sheldon silver will find its way onto at least schumer and end his death-grip on NY federal representation in the senate. God help you all if he becomes the next minority/majority leader of the senate. If you think it was bad with reid, just wait for that famous NY politics to take hold.
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 06:37:46 AM »
Maybe. 

However, I think it might be easier to goad Chuckie, and the best way to ruin their chances in anything is to force them to reveal their thinly masked wickedness.  And if there is one thing we should enjoy more than destroying the wicked, it is exposing them as often as possible.

Reid, even though he is just another typical mean-minded progressive hypocrite and disingenous pile of crap, it is hard to get dirt to stick to him for the sole reason that he comes across like a bumbling dottering old scatterbrained fool, and people mistakenly think he is merely foolish and harmless when he is in fact devious and dangerous.  Chuckie can't help being what he is and sucks at trying to hide it...he looks like an asshole, he sounds like an asshole and he acts like an asshole...he is 100% asshole.

He is Pelosi with a smaller penis.

Offline whimsicalmamapig

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 02:01:38 PM »
Libertas:

unfortunately, he is my *sshole for the foreseeable future. I just hope he doesn't become everyone's *sshole by the republicans loosing the senate in 2016
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 06:37:02 AM »
Hey, I can relate, truly...Klobuchar and Franken are Schumer without the seniority and baldness, and that's about it!   ::cussing::