Author Topic: The clueless leaders in Congress  (Read 14760 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: The clueless leaders in Congress
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 10:38:29 AM »
Man.  They didn't even wait to seat the new Congress before delivering their Eff Yous to the voters who just handed them yet another pointless victory.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
Not clueless.

Malevolent.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 11:22:55 AM »
Politics is dead.

All that remians is The Founders Option.

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 06:58:37 AM »
Even the mere hint of using the word shutdown has The Speaker wetting himself!

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/cromnibus-bill-talks-113406.html

Yup, you can't find leadership like this just anywhere...you have to turn over a lot of rocks first...

And the new Congress will reconfirm this cowardly lion as their chief...   ::unknowncomic::

::mooning::

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »
Even the mere hint of using the word shutdown has The Speaker wetting himself!

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/12/cromnibus-bill-talks-113406.html

Yup, you can't find leadership like this just anywhere...you have to turn over a lot of rocks first...

And the new Congress will reconfirm this cowardly lion as their chief...   ::unknowncomic::

::mooning::
We should have put it to them during the campaign, are you goiing to vote Boehner out, yes or no and if yes we'll find another with testicles.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 10:21:31 AM »
As Rush has been pointing out, you can ask yourself all the questions like "why are they so beholden to polls and consultants?" or "why are they so terrified of the media?" but that's not even the real explanation. The simple explanation is that they want amnesty, they want business as usual baseline budgeting, they want unending CRs, they want lots of the same things as the Democrats because both of them are institutions dependent on a large federal government with DC the center of the universe.

My feelings right now aren't even anger (that was already present) so much as exasperation. Even that's not new though. I knew when I went to the poll Nov. 4th it was a pointless gesture. I felt a vague sense of obligation over the fact that so many died anonymous deaths to purchase the right to even have elections. It's not their fault we allowed the process to become corrupted into meaninglessness.

And now they're pushing hard for Jeb to be their guy in 2016. Talk about permanently stuck on stupid.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 11:11:08 AM »
Yeah, I was very indifferent at the polls, no sense of pride or anything, totally underwhelmed and convinced my pathetic act was not going to result in anything material to steer us away from the onrushing abyss...

::unknowncomic::

In a perverse way, perhaps they deserve Jeb...I know they sure as Hell are overdue for what will come from it!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:23:30 PM by Libertas »

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
The simple explanation is that they want amnesty, they want business as usual baseline budgeting, they want unending CRs, they want lots of the same things as the Democrats because both of them are institutions dependent on a large federal government with DC the center of the universe.

They want the same thing as Democrats BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMOCRATS.  The GOP is a wing of the Democratic party- who get elected on the premise that they aren't Democrats, and who serve as the Democratic Party's Emmanuel Goldstein that they can direct their followers enmity and hate toward and who they can use to implement those  agenda items   that are not popular with their normal "free-shyt army" of followers.  Don't blame us, blame Emmanuel Goldstein the GOP for taking us to war with EastAsia. They are the bad guys. They are the bad guys subjugating women, creating poverty, etc.  And the GOP is happy to go along with it, because they get to walk the same halls of power and enjoy the same benefits as the Dems do while they are there, and they don't have to do anything but play the bad guy  and absorb the anger of the country till the next great push leftward. 

They, have, of course, tried to get the Independent Minded conservatives to form a non-thinking hive mind around Red-Team, and had some limited success at that, but by and large, the GOP can only win on being not Democrat. My mother was surprised when I told her I had never voted for a candidate - only against the Democrat. The GOP leadership knows this, and the ruse is wearing so thin now they obviously  just don't care. The game is stupid. There is no point. Let Hilary be president. Let her own the collapse ( which  cannot be adverted in any case)   I am not voting for another  Big Government Statist Democrat in red team uniform  - another Bush, another Romney, another McCain.  The ruse has to end, and the GOP has to die before ANYTHING can be done.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
All they do is continually run the Good Cop / Bad Cop routine on the electorate.  Your definition of who's Good Cop and who's Bad Cop may differ, but the result of the game is the same regardless.  And never forget they both work for the police department.

- Yours Truly

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
The simple explanation is that they want amnesty, they want business as usual baseline budgeting, they want unending CRs, they want lots of the same things as the Democrats because both of them are institutions dependent on a large federal government with DC the center of the universe.

They want the same thing as Democrats BECAUSE THEY ARE DEMOCRATS.  The GOP is a wing of the Democratic party- who get elected on the premise that they aren't Democrats, and who serve as the Democratic Party's Emmanuel Goldstein that they can direct their followers enmity and hate toward and who they can use to implement those  agenda items   that are not popular with their normal "free-shyt army" of followers.  Don't blame us, blame Emmanuel Goldstein the GOP for taking us to war with EastAsia. They are the bad guys. They are the bad guys subjugating women, creating poverty, etc.  And the GOP is happy to go along with it, because they get to walk the same halls of power and enjoy the same benefits as the Dems do while they are there, and they don't have to do anything but play the bad guy  and absorb the anger of the country till the next great push leftward. 

They, have, of course, tried to get the Independent Minded conservatives to form a non-thinking hive mind around Red-Team, and had some limited success at that, but by and large, the GOP can only win on being not Democrat. My mother was surprised when I told her I had never voted for a candidate - only against the Democrat. The GOP leadership knows this, and the ruse is wearing so thin now they obviously  just don't care. The game is stupid. There is no point. Let Hilary be president. Let her own the collapse ( which  cannot be adverted in any case)   I am not voting for another  Big Government Statist Democrat in red team uniform  - another Bush, another Romney, another McCain.  The ruse has to end, and the GOP has to die before ANYTHING can be done.

yes....they are democrats.....obummer was in Nashville today, pimping his amnesty. I've had friends wonder why he came here because they all think " we are a conservative state"....." he can't sell this here"....... First, the county of Davidson ( Nashville) is far from conservative...the surrounding counties vote republican only because they think "LAMAR!" and Corker are conservative....they are not. Matter of fact, I believe obummer came here because BOTH of our so called conservative senators SUPPORT amnesty. Next, Nashville at one time voted to be English only but that is way out the window, Nashville has become somewhat of a sanctuary city and now, today, 30 % of students are non English speaking, as in, they don't know the language at all. The Davidson county school system is busily spending millions, not to teach the illegals English....but to create Spanish speaking classes only.

Now, when I give these facts to my friends, who voted LAMAR and Corker......We have stupid people here.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »
Now, when I give these facts to my friends, who voted LAMAR and Corker......We have stupid people here.

This I absolutely do not get.  One tells one's friends et al. the facts and it simply fails to make any impression.  What is in it for them, real, promised or imagined, that it doesn't matter.  At all.  What?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2014, 07:15:29 AM »
It has to be the false hope of the Chamber of Commerce types, right?  That these people will be fit into the jobs others won't/can't take and propserity will reign supreme and fix all ills?  Exactly where has this happened?  Do people even know we went DECADES without allowing ANY immigrants in just to absorb/assimilate what we took in?  When does any of this work quickly like a magic wand and not take time and effort and an influx of people who WANT to assimilate to US? 

I tell ya the answer is staring at you...Don closed with it...people ARE STUPID!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2014, 07:23:42 AM »
Before I start, I'll say that the border should be closed and protected.
All illegals should be deported and sent to the back of the line.

There's a whole bunch of good reasons to do that.

Now, I'll say this.
It does appear that the illegals will work and work cheap.

Probably not a whole lot stupider than the dross the educational system is producing and not as lazy.

Why wouldn't the C of C want this cheap labor?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »
They do want the cheap labor, but what they don't care about is capping the influx and allowing time for assimilation, they don't care about where they live, they don't care about strains on the educational and healthcare facilities...they see one thing and one thing only - cheap labor.

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 08:05:47 AM »

Why wouldn't the C of C want this cheap labor?

There is no reason we can't get cheap labor by upping the number of work visas issued if that is desired.... and those VISAs could be given to only people who actually want to become citizens, and who want complete the naturalization process. (and I think citizenship should be automatic on a work visa if you get one and stay employees (and paying taxes)  for 7 years.  But that isn't what the C of C was pushing for - was it?

They do want the cheap labor, but what they don't care about is capping the influx and allowing time for assimilation, they don't care about where they live, they don't care about strains on the educational and healthcare facilities...they see one thing and one thing only - cheap labor.

The Labor could be just as cheap on a work visa if the minimum wage did not apply, and you don't qualify for any social programs. You stay working or you go home . Again, not what they were pushing for. The C of C was obviously somehow pushed to vote against their own interests.  Real businessmen know that  there is a wide variation in quality from person to person, and you can't rate quality people as easily as you can rate quality melons. Labor may be a commodity, but most goods aren't easily interchangeable.  If the labor is cheap, but it doesn't show up to work, shows up stoned, steals from the company, etc you might get exactly what you pay for - or less.  Cheap labor is only cheap if you get more relative value...   Having the workers come in on Visa already excludes a huge criminal class, and would give them better quality "cheap" labor. The C of C has something wrong with it to not see that.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
But the Faustian Bargain of the CoC and the Progs necessitates that the amnesty route is taken over the VISA route, because the VISA route doesn't have that path to citizenship the Progs need to translate into votes...not that cheating isn't beneath them...but citizens are easier to manipulate.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2014, 08:40:17 AM »
I don't disagree with either of you.

It's not only about getting cheap labor from the illegals, it's about pushing down the cost of all labor.

Rather a short-sighted approach but how long has it been since American business has been concerned beyond this (or next) quarter's earnings report?

Henry Ford knew that if he paid his workers more money, they could afford to buy his cars.

American business doesn't know that

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
For the past few decades at least, immigration has been driven mostly by economic desires. They are otherwise uninterested in America from a philosophical or spiritual perspective. They have been encouraged in this mindset by a political class interested in creating new power bases, which is easier to do in a fractious society.

In earlier waves of immigration, immigrants understood that they would probably still be poor even after arriving in the American promised land. It was still worth it to them because they desired to live free of all the yokes and shackles of Old World parochialism, and they knew their children and grandchildren would know lives other than poverty. Those immigrants wanted to be Americans. They didn't simply want to found little outposts of their home country while indulging in the material benefits of life in America. How often do you hear stories about Italian immigrants who forbade their children from speaking anything but English? They wanted to become American.  Seems to me that most immigrants these days have no interest in becoming American. They want the material benefits of life in America, but otherwise continue to live as if they're still in their home country.

There are no "jobs Americans won't do."  There are jobs American won't do so long as they have extended unemployment benefits, SNAP, WIC, and various other welfare. That's why there will always be illegal immigrants. There is no "comprehensive immigration reform" to be had. You make the current crop of them into legal citizens, they'll suddenly become more of those Americans who won't do certain jobs -- not when they have welfare instead.

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2014, 11:46:14 AM »
"There is no "comprehensive immigration reform" to be had. You make the current crop of them into legal citizens, they'll suddenly become more of those Americans who won't do certain jobs -- not when they have welfare instead."

Yup.

But I bet you get labeled a racist if you say that to a moron.  Not that that would stop us...'jus sayin'. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero