Author Topic: Christmas Idea Thread  (Read 4484 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Christmas Idea Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2014, 05:19:45 PM »
Sweet!  I saw a video about the 10/22 Takedown the other day, and I am pretty intrigued by it. It would make a good woods/survival gun I'm sure. Nice pick ups!
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2014, 07:17:29 AM »

Will break this in at the lake next I am up, got an iching for some ice fishing too, sometime in January.

Everything was awesome right up until that point. ::unknowncomic::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 09:44:34 AM »

Will break this in at the lake next I am up, got an iching for some ice fishing too, sometime in January.

Remember that's just Yankee language for "sit around and consume large amounts of alcohol."
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 10:51:59 AM »
I love my 10/22!

That backpacker special looks interesting - I'll look forward to a report on how it performs. My brother bought something similar about 20 years ago. The engineering wasn't up to standards so it felt kinda flimsy when put together but surprisingly enough it didn't appear to affect accuracy when shooting it. It was one where the receiver mechanism and barrel tucked into the stock when broken down.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »

Remember that's just Yankee language for "sit around and consume large amounts of alcohol."

::beertoast::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »

I'm going ice fishing on Saturday.
 ;D
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 12:07:30 PM »
I love my 10/22!

That backpacker special looks interesting - I'll look forward to a report on how it performs. My brother bought something similar about 20 years ago. The engineering wasn't up to standards so it felt kinda flimsy when put together but surprisingly enough it didn't appear to affect accuracy when shooting it. It was one where the receiver mechanism and barrel tucked into the stock when broken down.

When I examined it at the store it was obvious they've nailed this system down, if you look at this picture you will see the barrel goes into the receiver and when you insert the barrel and line up the square part of the surface you cannot see in this pic it is aligned and then twists into place.  To secure it (something the manual says you only have to do once) you finger tighten the fit using that grooved ring, then you break it down again and go an additional notch or two, then when you reassemble you can feel the needed little bit more of pressure to twist it in place.  I'll test it out with the stock sights first, I am thinking I might add a simple red dot to it come Spring.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 12:18:44 PM »

;D

House, portable shelter or butt on a bucket?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2014, 02:28:38 PM »

;D

House. Although, with all the global warmink we've been having, any of the above would be acceptable.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »

;D

House. Although, with all the global warmink we've been having, any of the above would be acceptable.

Just being out of the wind seems to make a difference more than anything, but sometimes on a sunny low wind day just being in the open isn't half bad.  But we're supposed to get 3-5" starting tonight into tomorrow so a house should be more than welcome now.  Good luck and have a good time.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2014, 03:58:37 PM »
Wish I could report a new bang bang toy, but I gave specific instructions as to what I wanted...and it involves gift cards because when you are a serious fisherman, like me, I choose my own toys. I did get another 600 rounds of 22. Never did figure out what they were, wrapped.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2015, 01:24:26 PM »
Ammo & gift cards, nothing wrong with those gifts!   ::thumbsup::

My range report on the G30SF - l thought going in it might not be much different than the G21, maybe a little snappier with the shorter barrel length.  I was half right, the action is the same, same striker-fired trigger, mostly the same feel....but not as snappy as I would expect, it feels like I can grip this just a hair better than the 21.  And like the 21 I started off low on my hits, started being more front sight focused and they came up more, but at 8 yards I was still peppering center mass.  I like it, will be a nice carry option when I want a bigger round, like now when folks wear more clothing.  Just need to get my new IWB holster delivered.  Another difference with the 21 is I notice more muzzle flash, and loading 45ACP into 10 round mags seems easier than 13 round mags, and going through ammo boxes is even and leaves no partial mag being shot at the end.

Like the 21 the sights can be hard to see with my glasses, I will definitely have to upgrade the sights on both.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »
Well, I ..... I got a WaterPik and a new sewing machine.  So there.  ::unknowncomic::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 11:59:45 AM »
Well, that's plus two for you, I bet I cannot operate either!   ::hysterical::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »
Since I started the Ruger 10/22 love in this thread...figure I would add to it...

http://www.rugertalk.com/The-plinker-went-to-war-The-IDFs-Ruger-10-22-Ruger-Talk.html

Heh, I never thought to use it to incapacitate...I love getting new perspectives!   ::whoohoo::