Author Topic: meatless mondays  (Read 978 times)

Offline whimsicalmamapig

meatless mondays
« on: November 25, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
Just read an article that reports that the Philadelphis schools, along with Buffalo, Detroit, Houston and Los Angeles have decided to initiate meatless mondays in the school cafeterias because of pressure from Peta and SPCA organizations who want to help eliminate the cruelty to farm raised animals.

I say, what a crock, this is just a way to decrease school lunch budgets by eliminating the most expensive part of a meal and say it is for social justice. I do not know if that means you cannot pack a ham sandwich for your child for that day. If not, any young entrepreneur would pack a dozen ham sandwiches on Mondays and sell them for a nice profit.

I also wonder how many of these PETA types support legal late term abortions?
Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: meatless mondays
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 06:39:37 AM »
How late?  30, 40 years or more?   :D

It is a crock.  If done on Fridays during Lent I would take it as a positive sign, but this?  Yeah, ahh no way.

It's probably good I do not have kids...I would be encouraging them to clever ways of protest....fill their pockets with jerky to hand out to friends to share and boycott the state-run slop-hall, weary real furs and skins, stage protests, disrupt the tranquil subservience that these indoctrination centers impose...stuff like that.  I mean if you had to send them to public schools.  Personally I think sending kids to most public schools is gross negligence, people should work 2 or 3 jobs to send kids to private schools or home school them rather than subject them to this filth, but if you must do it, do it by making strong independent thinking children and muck with the system!

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:54:19 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.