Author Topic: Nice Climate Skeptic Article on Polar Bear Fraud  (Read 1343 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
Nice Climate Skeptic Article on Polar Bear Fraud
« on: December 02, 2014, 07:05:26 AM »
At the Anthony Watts blog, I came across a nice article explaining how the climate alarmist weight their alarmist bullsh*t with computer models with built in bias:

Suggesting impending climate doom, headlines have been trumpeting polar bears are “barely surviving” and “bears are disappearing” prompted by a press release hyping the paper Polar bear population dynamics in the southern Beaufort Sea during a period of sea ice decline (hereafter Bromaghin 2014), which based on an ongoing US Geological Survey (USGS) study. Dr. Susan Crockford rightfully criticized the media’s fear mongering and failure to mention increasing bear abundance since 2008 here. She also pointed out that modelers have consistently failed to account for the negative impacts of heavy springtime ice here.

I want to reinforce Crockford’s posts, plus argue the problem is much worse than she suggested. Bromaghin 2014’s purported 25 to 50% population decline is simply not real.

Read the take-down here:

See: http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/12/01/are-polar-bear-researchers-blinded-by-belief-or-acting-dishonestly/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Nice Climate Skeptic Article on Polar Bear Fraud
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
GIGO!  The bears are thriving!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
The litmus test for any model is to use historical empirical data as inputs to the model, and see how well it predicts what in fact occurred.  The climate models have a pretty dismal record on that score, and most of them produce worse results with historical data than with random input data, which is a strong indicator of bias in the model.

But they just quadruple down on it any time they're challenged.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 07:25:59 AM »
The litmus test for any model is to use historical empirical data as inputs to the model, and see how well it predicts what in fact occurred.  The climate models have a pretty dismal record on that score, and most of them produce worse results with historical data than with random input data, which is a strong indicator of bias in the model.

But they just quadruple down on it any time they're challenged.
I wonder if we forced the issue under penalty of financial ruin or better yet death, they would stop this nonsense. In a world full of Mohamadic barbarism and economic uncertainty thanks to the greedy oligarch billionaires we could spend our money and time on real problems such as fresh water supply for sanitary and food production and finally giving thanks to what's do to our Creator. Perhaps giving thanks should be number one on the agenda and the other two secondary.

Anyway with the tow threats to liberty upon us it seems almost inevitable that we'll have to fight once more to secure our God given rights.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
Well, yeah, like the Mohammadan Cult, the polytheistic cults of the Progs will also only end when they all end.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.