Author Topic: Common Core Civics Lesson  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Common Core Civics Lesson
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
Here's what Common Core teaches students about the relationship between government and economics:

More: http://thesilicongraybeard.blogspot.com/2014/12/more-on-thanksgiving-eve-regulatory-dump.html
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
Re: Common Core Civics Lesson
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 08:04:16 PM »
All I can say is that someone's child has been paying attention (evidenced by her answers) ;')

Online Pablo de Fleurs

• Conservative Hero
  • @PesoNeto3
    • Apologetics Workshop
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »
We're watching this, this final year of high school for our daughter (our son is in his 1st year of college). We've discussed testing, etc. - & that fact that our daughter has complete permission to not test, tell the school she needs parental permission or write answers not in keeping with the questions. so far, nothing out of the ordinary has occurred, save some poem analysis that seemed to be heading towards the class deriving the same answer of what the poem meant...which we changed to whatever our daughter thought it meant...with zero negative consequences. She'll be heading to a local community college for a 2 year program, then transferring...so SAT's, ACT, etc do not apply to us - but I am hair-trigger on this & watching.

Overall I have been happy with our school district & have never had a problem substituting books or letting teachers know where I stand on issues. Two years ago, as a Sophomore, our daughter received an A- on an 18 page paper entitled 'The Biblical Roots of America's Founding' in which we used material from Wall-Builders & LIFE Leadership's 'Freedom' series. I called the history teacher at the outset to make sure we weren't being "set-up" or marked for ridicule...& had a great conversation with him.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 07:09:11 AM »
Back in my day handing something like that out would generate ridicule and no shortage of smartassed and likely vulgar responses both verbal and written.  The indoctrinator would be brought to tears and sent bawling to the principal, who would come down and try to chastise us and would only end up getting pelted with spitwads, paperclips and binders!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:02:35 AM »
How is it that people actually believe that crap?  What is this, the economic version of a perpetual motion machine?  It's like saying we can raise the water level in the shallow end of the pool by scooping buckets of water from the deep end and pouring them into the shallow end.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
How is it that people actually believe that crap?  What is this, the economic version of a perpetual motion machine?  It's like saying we can raise the water level in the shallow end of the pool by scooping buckets of water from the deep end and pouring them into the shallow end.

Hey!  I wouldn't tell them that analogy, they'd run with that!

I think I found a pic of their indoctrinator at work...

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.