Author Topic: Rand Paul to Trump: Prove you're a Republican  (Read 1029 times)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Rand Paul to Trump: Prove you're a Republican
« on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »
Finally!  Trump may be a useful pit-bull for the time being, but there is strong evidence suggesting that he is a Democrat sympathizer, and that his role in this whole thing is to set up straw men for Obama to knock down. Not saying that's the case, but I will say that people need to stop lunging after everything not-Obama as if it's our next Reagan-messiah come to save the earth. At least Rand Paul is unafraid to call attention to the glaring questions surrounding Trump's insertion of himself into the GOP race under questionable pretenses.

::popcorn::

Rand Paul to Trump: Prove you're a Republican

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Thursday took a swipe at billionaire businessman Donald Trump, demanding to see his "Republican registration."

While speaking at a breakfast with New Hampshire Republicans one day after "The Donald" visited the Granite State, Paul riffed off the potential GOP presidential candidate's "birther" questions.

“I’ve come to New Hampshire today because I’m very concerned,” said Paul, according to The New York Times. “I want to see the original long-form certificate of Donald Trump’s Republican registration.”
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Rand Paul to Trump: Prove you're a Republican
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
Heh, funny. 

Part of me would find it fitting if The Donald produced an oviously faked registration...

::stirpot::

;D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »
He just might have the moxie.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »
He's got nothing to lose by screwing with both sides. That's dangerous for everybody.I would not be tugging on that tail.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
You guys can call me crazy, but I still believe that obama and trump are working together in a plan to win obama's re-election. You can call this where trump is a dark horse spoiler, trojan, or whatever, but I contend that they are connected in employing a scripted collusion to destroy the tea partiers and conservative repubs.

Similar to the good cop/bad cop routine.

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 01:08:43 PM »
To make that work...he'd have to like Obama (or at least not hate his guts)...I am not in favor of a Trump GOP coronation, but to be the devils advocate, I cannot recall any coziness between the two...but given this day and age it cannot be casually ruled out either...I just don't see Trump being for anyone but himself...ditto for Barry.

So the idea may be somewhere between  ::whatgives:: and  ::foilhathelicopter::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 01:13:34 PM »

And he'd have to be a big enough fool to think Bambi wouldn't come after him. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »
They both most definitely have egos that exceed standard doorframe widths!  And no doubt will try to crush anyone who crosses them!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 02:26:24 PM »
Trump won't be able to stand up under the constant press scrutiny . He'll eventually be seen by just about everybody for the blow-hard that he is and then we can get on with serious business .

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
They both most definitely have egos that exceed standard doorframe widths!  And no doubt will try to crush anyone who crosses them!

That's why they wont be in bed together.They will try to kill each other off.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie