Author Topic: American support for 2A rights surging, gun control waning  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
American support for 2A rights surging, gun control waning
« on: December 11, 2014, 07:32:39 AM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/10/support-gun-rights-highest-point-two-decades/#!

Hilarious, predictable and ironic that a gun-grabbing Nazi clown is sought for advice and criticizes the wording of the poll!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: American support for 2A rights surging, gun control waning
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 12:37:06 PM »
Poll wording does matter though. Look at the remarkable shift in Black opinion. It makes me wonder, in light of recent agitation, if the Black view of protecting ones self from crime includes the ability to shoot the police, or kill random Whites for the "crime" of being White.

I'm only being slightly hyperbolic here. Something has to account for such a massive shift in a particular demographic. Crime doesn't mean the same thing to everybody.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:45:38 PM »
Poll wording does matter though. Look at the remarkable shift in Black opinion. It makes me wonder, in light of recent agitation, if the Black view of protecting ones self from crime includes the ability to shoot the police, or kill random Whites for the "crime" of being White.

I'm only being slightly hyperbolic here. Something has to account for such a massive shift in a particular demographic. Crime doesn't mean the same thing to everybody.

A caller to Rush the other day pointed this out, the whole nature of polling. He was part of the much bandied about poll that asked who was responsible for the government shutdown last year (the one in which the eGOP trembles in fear because most people "blamed" the Republicans). He answered that he thought Cruz and the Republicans were responsible for it. What was not part of the poll was what he elaborated on with Rush: he thought Cruz was responsible for it and he applauded it.

That poll was presented with the assumption that everyone who "blamed" the GOP was also against the shutdown. This caller pointed out that it was entirely possible to "blame" the GOP while also applauding them for it.

The only poll the damn E-GOP won't listen to are the ones that occur on Election Day.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »

A caller to Rush the other day pointed this out, the whole nature of polling. He was part of the much bandied about poll that asked who was responsible for the government shutdown last year (the one in which the eGOP trembles in fear because most people "blamed" the Republicans). He answered that he thought Cruz and the Republicans were responsible for it. What was not part of the poll was what he elaborated on with Rush: he thought Cruz was responsible for it and he applauded it.

That poll was presented with the assumption that everyone who "blamed" the GOP was also against the shutdown. This caller pointed out that it was entirely possible to "blame" the GOP while also applauding them for it.

The only poll the damn E-GOP won't listen to are the ones that occur on Election Day.

That exact comparison was in my mind as I was typing my initial response. Polls aren't just data. They are crafted. When it comes down to it, completely subjective. Words mean everything.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline richb

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:06:08 PM »
The wording of polls lead me to quit being polled for a major newspaper.    They would have a "question" with answers,  and you would pick the one you  identified with.   The problem was,  I didn't  identify with ANY of the answers too many times and there was no,  "none of the above".   

Finally I told them to stop calling me with such biased questions (and answers).

But its classic liberal logic that everyone supports something when there is no other choice allowed.   They used these "questions" to support everything from gay marriage, gun control to abortion and every other liberal cause. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 06:32:49 AM »
Y'all are correct of course.  Polls should be taken with grains fo salt or ignored entirely when engineered.  In this case there doesn't appear to be engineering up front or on the backside (sans more detail), but it certainly does rely on the definition of what one thinks the words "crime" and "protect" mean.  But when I first saw this I thought "assume the worst" throw out the black numbers and the democrats, what you have left should be most of the people who understand the words as well as we do, so the trend is positive.  Also, since 90% of blacks are on the Democrat Plantation, they have to be in the dem numbers too, right?  Just think how much worse the dem numbers are without the black numbers, regardless what is driving the black numbers...another good trend.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2014, 06:45:15 AM »
Y'all are correct of course.  Polls should be taken with grains fo salt or ignored entirely when engineered.  In this case there doesn't appear to be engineering up front or on the backside (sans more detail), but it certainly does rely on the definition of what one thinks the words "crime" and "protect" mean.  But when I first saw this I thought "assume the worst" throw out the black numbers and the democrats, what you have left should be most of the people who understand the words as well as we do, so the trend is positive.  Also, since 90% of blacks are on the Democrat Plantation, they have to be in the dem numbers too, right?  Just think how much worse the dem numbers are without the black numbers, regardless what is driving the black numbers...another good trend.
"Grain of salt". And so should elections. If one thing that's highlighted in yesterday's spending bill vote is that elections mean nothing. My apology if I went off topic.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 06:53:14 AM »
"Grain of salt". And so should elections. If one thing that's highlighted in yesterday's spending bill vote is that elections mean nothing. My apology if I went off topic.

No apology necessary my friend, the E-GOP placed no importance on the result of the election beyond their relief that once again the better managers of the behemoth state will be in charge, they do not see anything else and are beholden only to their own kind...

That'll look nice on their epitaph!

Keep your powder dry.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
The only conclusion you can draw from the GOP behavior is that, ultimately, they simply don't disagree with the Democrats on a lot of these issues.  Yeah, they're craven cowards, unprincipled (which they invent euphemisms for, like "pragmatic," "realistic," "nuanced," or "Realpolitik") but cowardice can't explain everything.

I'm now beginning to believe that they might even be deliberately cultivating the image of cowards, just so their frustrated voters will attribute their treachery to being weak willed rather than the truth -- that they are in active agreement with the Democrats.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 11:16:15 AM »
I agree, but I do not see cowardice and treason as being mutually exclusive, they are in fact quite complimentary to each other.  Either one warrants them being hunted down...both should generate something more...

Offline ChrstnHsbndFthr

• Established Member
    • Affordable Bail Bonds of NC, LLC
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 02:48:41 AM »

Heard that caller on Wednesday and agreed whole-heartedly.
“My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together.

“However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”
Phil Robertson an elder in the church of Christ