Author Topic: 1,000 + Violate New Washington State Law  (Read 6800 times)

Offline Septugenarian

• A Regular
1,000 + Violate New Washington State Law
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:27:27 PM »
 ::newyear:: ::newyear::

Fed up with the passage of an 18½-page incoherent, rambling, unconstitutional gun control initiative that was bankrolled by billionaires, gun owners across Washington state held the largest felony civil disobedience rally in the nation’s history, brazenly titled “I Will Not Comply.” No one was hurt and no stores were looted. Between 1,000 and 3,000 lawful gun owners showed up openly armed at the state capitol in Olympia, Wash., on Saturday to defy the newly passed gun control law, I-594.

http://townhall.com/columnists/rachelalexander/2014/12/15/over-1000-gun-owners-violate-washingtons-i594--in-front-of-police-n1931759
I'm entitled (to be cranky).

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: 1,000 + Violate New Washington State Law
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:10 PM »
I wonder if 'Soup was there?

“We pledge our blood. We will not comply.”

YES!!!!

::whoohoo::

And Texas is considering allowing open carry.

::thumbsup::
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:22:13 PM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 02:28:40 PM »
While I agree you should have the option for open carry, I never really understood the reasoning. To me, it makes you a target for some idiot (or idiots) to try and steal your gun.

But then again, I'm paranoid.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
While I agree you should have the option for open carry, I never really understood the reasoning. To me, it makes you a target for some idiot (or idiots) to try and steal your gun.

Yeah, it also makes it obvious you have a gun and would shoot said idiots.  Visual deterrence is sometimes better, but it will depend on the situation..

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »

YES!!!!

Nope, I was cleaning up storm damage. I did buy 900 rounds of 5.56x45 in honor of those who did attend though ;')

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »

Yeah, it also makes it obvious you have a gun and would shoot said idiots.  Visual deterrence is sometimes better, but it will depend on the situation..

I agree, situations are fluid and no person should be deprived their right to bear arms any way they choose, I just wish most people saw it that way, then there would be no debate and bad apples would know with people carrying concealed and open there is no desire to put up with their crap.  Right now people are parcelled out a bit of a right and we're supposed to be fricken thankful politicans and LEOs granted us a tiny piece of a whole granted to us by God?  They had no right to limit us so severely, the pushback is long overdue.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 06:30:52 AM »

YES!!!!

Nope, I was cleaning up storm damage. I did buy 900 rounds of 5.56x45 in honor of those who did attend though ;')

Well then, that's 900 more votes for liberty!   ::cool::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
I can't imagine a situation where I would feel comfortable open carrying, but I am still in favor of those who want to do it. It used to be understood that all gentlemen were armed, and it should once again become the mark of a free citizen.

I would like for it to become completely commonplace to see pistols on people's belts in casual situations. What the bedwetters can't or won't comprehend is that people are already walking around like that: law abiding citizens who have gotten CCW in the past 20 years, and then of course the criminal element who have always and will always walk around strapped regardless of what the law says.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 11:21:38 AM »
I would like for it to become completely commonplace to see pistols on people's belts in casual situations

Now THAT I could get behind.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:30 AM »
I can't imagine a situation where I would feel comfortable open carrying, but I am still in favor of those who want to do it. It used to be understood that all gentlemen were armed, and it should once again become the mark of a free citizen.

I would like for it to become completely commonplace to see pistols on people's belts in casual situations. What the bedwetters can't or won't comprehend is that people are already walking around like that: law abiding citizens who have gotten CCW in the past 20 years, and then of course the criminal element who have always and will always walk around strapped regardless of what the law says.

Any freedom of association event/public hearing come immediately to mind.

And hey, just think how much more effective testimony like this would be if delivered armed!

PS-We gotta sticky post that video...took me forever to find that thing!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »
I stickied it.  Even so, I'd grab the url and save it for future reference.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 06:31:01 AM »
Thank you Darlin'!   ::hat-tip::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
 ::curtsy4::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
Heh, this is good too!

"Of course, I don't care what they call me as long as they get the point about armed civil disobedience to unconstitutional laws and manage to spell my name right all in the same paragraph."

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/12/they-werent-calling-me-names-back-when.html

;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »

YES!!!!

900 rounds?  Why, that sounds like the Danish NATO stuff.  Is that what you got?

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 01:06:07 AM »
Check this out.

As a continuation of the story surrounding the passage of this tyrannical "law", otherwise law-abiding gun owners are ramping up their resistance to the damned thing. This next protest holds promise of a more direct - and potentially violent confrontation. After the last one some of the libs in Olympia declared bans on handguns in areas previously lawful. Read the response - and warning - to the Washington State Patrol by organizers of the planned February 7th demonstration. This could go very very bad.

https://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2015/01/23/an-open-letter-to-the-washington-state-patrol-re-the-planned-february-7th-demonstration/

Oh, and BTW - I plan on attending.

Edited for clarity.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 01:24:21 AM by Alphabet Soup »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 01:34:06 AM »
Go with my prayers, 'Soup.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 09:31:53 AM »
Thank you. (Mr. Colt thanks you too)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:04 AM »
I think the best comment at that WRSA article was one pointing out that, yes, We The People still have the actual power, but the statists are not going to yield without being tested. That's been the big question for a while now: when and where is the test going to occur?

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
When it comes right down to it, it isn't really a test, it's a confrontation. It's a struggle of will and resolve; a tug-of-war. If the citizens will be testing the state's will to enforce unconstitutional law via this protest, it is only because the state has already tested the resolve of free men and drawn this response.

If this happens as planned (and I pray it does) Either one side will lose that struggle, or blood will be spilled. It's as simple as that. Somebody has to back down. I pray it isn't liberty.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson