Author Topic: Prime Minister of Australia calls ISIS by a name it absolutly hates (Daesh)  (Read 847 times)

Offline richb

• Established Member
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has begun to use the word Daesh instead of ISIS as he believes Islamic State of Iraq and Syria gives it legitimacy it doesn't deserve.   And that they hate to be called by that term. 

http://www.businessinsider.com/tony-abbott-calls-isis-by-daesh-2015-1

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I doubt that we'll ever have another president with the willingness to step outside the PC box.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yeah, all well and good...but it is not a proxy for action.  If you really want to piss them off, call them what they are - Earthbound trash that follows the Incubus Mohammad, that'll get their attention.  Then tell them you plan to eliminate all of their kind from the face of the Earth...and then proceed to do it.  Otherwise your're just jerking off!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
I doubt that we'll ever have another president with the willingness to step outside the PC box.

I'm surprised the Aussies have a PM doing it.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson