Author Topic: Doesn't pay to win big ?  (Read 2643 times)

Offline rustybayonet

• Established Member
Doesn't pay to win big ?
« on: January 18, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
Guess winning is bad when your team is good and the other team is bad.......

After a very lopsided score the winning coach is suspended for two games..

http://www.kcra.com/news/hs-girls-basketball-coach-suspended-after-1612-win/30767334
All gave some -- Some gave all    Humbled to be one of the 33 original members of the Coast Guard Honor Guard, started in 1962.
 Today is the Tomorrow, we worried about Yesterday

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Doesn't pay to win big ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 11:05:48 PM »
Screw that noise.  If I'm competing against you, I'll win big, BIG, if I can.  And anybody who can't take the drubbing is destined to be a whiny, bitchy little girl all his life.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:59 PM »
Screw that noise.  If I'm competing against you, I'll win big, BIG, if I can.  And anybody who can't take the drubbing is destined to be a whiny, bitchy little girl all his life.

You're obviously confused the old real world with today's "everybody gets a trophy" real world.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »

You're obviously confused the old real world with today's "everybody gets a trophy" real world.

Actually, I'm not.  There is a real world, it's not the "everybody gets a trophy" one, and it is against the people who have instituted and maintained the "trophy" world that I will prevail.  In the "wailing and lamentations of their women" world.  And so will you.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
Hit on a pet peeve of mine. Most know I fish  tournaments ( with my brother) for money. We participate in programs by boat manufacturers ( Triton Gold) which pay out nice money ( 7K)  to win, if you fish from their boat. It's why we trade every two years...to qualify for the "Triton Gold" money.

Now, you get 7k TO WIN. 2nd gets zilch, as it should be. Triton bantered around a change to pay out the top 3 places ( 3k for 1st, 2k for 2nd and 1k for 3rd). Other than the obvious they would only pay 6 k total, I called and was told they wanted to spread the money around. I can understand ( slightly, very slightly) why a manufacturer may want to "spread the wealth", because hey, it's difficult to win and they may get more people to buy their product......Now, Triton didn't change the program, but just the thought made me switch brands because hey, don't get on my pet peeve...it will cost u money. I will post the new ride when I get it. www.legendmarine.com Check out the v20
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:41:17 PM by Predator Don »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
That boat looks like it would be an absolute blast just to bomb around in!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »

Actually, I'm not.  There is a real world, it's not the "everybody gets a trophy" one, and it is against the people who have instituted and maintained the "trophy" world that I will prevail.  In the "wailing and lamentations of their women" world.  And so will you.

I remember a real world that once existed where if you got your ass kicked, you either learned from it and improved or you found something you could do better where you don't get your ass kicked.  I've had enough of this punishing the achievers in life and this progressive rot of dumbing down everyone and giving the same reward to winners and losers alike has got to stop.  This real world will return in full glorious fury when the crap hits the fan...and these non-results oriented pansies will be experiencing some real painful results!

PS-As for the v20, they ain't got nuthin' bigger?   :D
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 03:04:56 PM »

Ah, but the left is determined to "even" the playing field for everybody, even in the workforce.

Nice boat, Don. I've seen a Legend up close. The fit and finish are second to none.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »
Alan, you are correct about fit and finish. Plus, With Nitro buying up all the competition ( Ranger, Stratos, Triton) the bass boat market is going to change.

All this share the wealth crap is getting to me. I wonder what winning score would have been reasonable to keep the coach from getting suspended. When will this spill over into pro sports. We have already ruined sports with insane rules....why not in lopsided scores. Maybe New England shouldn't be punished for using illegal footballs, but for putting up a big score on poor Indy.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 06:38:22 AM »
Alan, you are correct about fit and finish. Plus, With Nitro buying up all the competition ( Ranger, Stratos, Triton) the bass boat market is going to change.

All this share the wealth crap is getting to me. I wonder what winning score would have been reasonable to keep the coach from getting suspended. When will this spill over into pro sports. We have already ruined sports with insane rules....why not in lopsided scores. Maybe New England shouldn't be punished for using illegal footballs, but for putting up a big score on poor Indy.

These stupid examples have been all over in the high school ranks for a couple decades now, and I suspect the only reason it has not crept higher is because of one simple fact - money.  They do fiddle with the violence inherit in the game...all this concussion stuff and can't hit here and there crap...soon it will all be scripted ballet in spikes with PlayStation crowd/audience interaction stupidity and will be totally unwatchable for people who remember real football (or any real sport)...it will be a gay new world and I don't want to have anything to do with it.

Oh, and about those footballs, no big deal to me...I heard they switched to backup balls in the 2nd half, NE still reeled off 21 points in the 3rd quarter, and even Indy admits the balls have nothing to do with it, they all admit they got their butts whupped.  The only reason this is an extended news story is because of the folks who like to beat up Bellicek and Brady...

Frankly, I don't care about any of it, it bores me.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.